By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Bungie's decision to leave the Halo universe the best thing to happen to Halo?

Add another person to the agree 100% list. I said in another thread that Halo 4 takes a dump on Reach. That's not to insult Reach either, it's to compliment Halo 4 because it is great.

I was never one of those people that was worried about 343 and my main reason was because we were able to get a taste of how they were going to treat the franchise before we knew anything about Halo 4. All of the stuff on Waypoint and the DVD Legends had me feeling real good about how they were going to be handling the baby. Add to that the suave silk tongue of Frank O'Connor saying all of the right things and I was never worried one bit.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
Everytime a new Halo game gets released people call it the best one (well except for ODST/WARS and anniversary for obvious reasons) but you should look up the launch Halo reach thread for an example.

I don't really agree with all your reasons...

Impressions will change after one month...

Honestly after beating the campaign I find it hard to say it is the best Halo game. The star wars/COD additions don't make me to happy...Their is so much missing that makes me miss the other games that I can't talk about without spoiling;..But can tell you already that I miss the funny understandable discussions of the Covenant....and a lot of them are missing.. Also hoped to see a lot more that didn't make it and all of this because they still had not the time enough for it...

That's exactly the type of shit I'm glad is gone.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Nope, while I agree it's a great thing it isn't the best thing to happen to Halo, that happened almost 11 years ago when bungie were making the original Halo which was at the time an RTS game for the launch of the Xbox and they told them make it into a FPS with a main character we can stick on our console for launch, That is what made halo what it has been over the last 11 years and is without doubt the best thing that happened the franchise.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Lostplanet22 said:
Everytime a new Halo game gets released people call it the best one (well except for ODST/WARS and anniversary for obvious reasons) but you should look up the launch Halo reach thread for an example.

Quoting my self:

Impressions of Reach:

BenVTrigger on 05 April 2011

I'm gonna have to go with a 9.7 on this one.

Excellent campaign, awesome multiplayer, technically its a monster in terms of what it can render and the advanced AI.

Only bads with it are I think the campaign could have been fleshed out a little more, it doesn't quite follow established Halo lore correctly and the ranking system has alot of positives with a few negatives.

Overall though Incredible Game.

Barozi on 05 April 2011

Great campaign with a decent length
nice graphics
incredible co-op as always
same for the multiplayer
ending
amazing new/redesigned weapons
Firefight
good story

- weird cutscene ghosting effect
- armor abilities in singleplayer don't really make much of a differecnce
- civilians don't look that good

yo-john117

My score--9.6

Positives - fantastic single player story with amazing ending, much better graphics then past Halo's, relatively fun MP, firefight, great replay value.

selnor on 05 April 2011

I dont need to say more.

Only the 2nd game this gen to ever get 10 from me.

maximrace on 06 April 2011

To me it's a 10 because i'm a superbig fan of the series
... The only thing I didn't like is the abuse of armor lock in the mp. But it would be the only thing, a hell of a game :)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=126901

toadslayer72 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Honestly after beating the campaign I find it hard to say it is the best Halo game. The star wars/COD additions don't make me to happy...Their is so much missing that makes me miss the other games that I can't talk about without spoiling;..But can tell you already that I miss the funny understandable discussions of the Covenant....and a lot of them are missing.. Also hoped to see a lot more that didn't make it and all of this because they still had not the time enough for it...

Why?

Around the Network

LOL, ouch! You got those dudes by the balls, I wanna see what they come back with LMAO. Now I'm scared.....don't look me up, lol.

Lostplanet22 said:
toadslayer72 said:
Lostplanet22 said:

Why?

I always found it too kiddie, especially the Grunts. I prefer darkness, like the way the Covenant were portrayed in the novel Fall of Reach and in the more recent Forward Unto Dawn series.

I never said that I'm glad that bungie isn't doing halo anymore so why quote me...:p

halo 4 was darker and even the grunts werent overly kiddy friendly at first glance.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Best thing? No, that was Halo being created with ME buying Bungie.

Good thing? Yes, bigger budget, more developers, we gained a awesome new third-party dev (Bungie) with small ties still with MS, Bungie gets the chance to do and reflect back on what they did well and not so well and improve those areas.