By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

Pesmerga7551 said:
selnor said:
aronh17 said:

I hope you know that's near off the track, so those trees won't look as good. Over the fence is area of track that's not accessible. Actually the trees on GT5 look great, especially on the Nurburgring. they're not fully vegetation detail, but they're photorealistic in some places. I'll take some poorly designed photorealistic trees in massive quantities and placed in the right spots over beautiful detailed trees that are scarce and placed in random spots i.e. Forza. It's the attention to detail that counts. Also, don't you realize that I put tons of focal blur to focus on the wall and car? The trees look worse as they're blurred to focus on the car.

Dude I hate to do this to you, but Forza 4 and especially Horizon have better visuals than GT5. 

Heres GT5 during gameplay. Look at the trees. Look at them 2dimensional trees. Not potorealsitic. I have the game with the latest patch. Premium cars look great. But the scenery and circuits are way behind other games. Laguna Secca is the wrong colour entirely on GT5 compared to real life.

GT5

Really man? Use your eyes. We all know that trees don't look good in GT5, but stop hanging on one aspect. Their tracks are far more accurate.

TWO, you are posting maps that are port overs from the last GT game from the PS2.. LOL, good one. It's like comparion bad GT5 car models (non-premium) against Forza 4's. Good way to spin graphics bro to your side. Dunno, are you trying to get one past people, or are you just completely clueless about GT5?

I'm not sure what you are trying to attempt with your answer. Are you aware you just proved my point?

1. ALL GT5 tracks new and old ALL ave 2d trees. Not 1 3d tree to be found anywhere in the game.

2. The Horizon image you post is a glitch. All games have glitches. Without posting it for you and joining your lets post glitches to show bad points GT5 as those famous videos on Youtube where a car will go over a curb and randomly spin for 3 mins on its nose end. Oh noes must have bad physics in GT5. LOL.

3. You post Laguna Secca. Do you not see the entirely wrong colour in GT5? Where the Kangaroo did all the green come from?????????

I have seen so many times Laguna Secca in real life that GT5's colour there is miles out. Ive never seen Laguna Secca look like English countryside. Not to mention the lack of trackside detail compared to Forza 4. 

4. Finally, It is completely the developers fault that they have rehashed PS2 material. Noone elses. You cannot blame part of GT5 looking so bad in places down to PS2 material. The game is what it is. And it is a product that feels unfinished, and poor graphically in many places. Thats the reailty. Thats only the developers fault. I dont care if only 2 guys made the game. Dont release it then. 

Sorry but Polyphony Digital either 1. need more staff or 2. need to pull there finger out. Horizon beats both Forza 4 and GT5 visuals. So the point with Forza 4 is moot.

Around the Network
Pesmerga7551 said:
Argh_College said:

After playing Horizon i thought no game could beat that graphics, absolutely insane the level of detail in the envirnoments aswell the cars but now i´ve played Halo 4 and im absolutely in love with the graphical fidelity of this game, its unbeliavable, makes other shooters look last gen in comparison.

Turn 10 and 343 engines are out of this world, Epic Games still has a shot of beating them with Judgment but it will be close althought i wouldnt bet againt Epic, Judgment if look better than Gears 3 than it will be a graphical powerhouse.

Dude, they aren't even the best graphics on the 360 for this generation. Let alone on all patforms. Every year, Sony exclusives win those awards for best graphics. Stop with this bias nonsense. Can we be objective with this for a second. We get it. You love your 360 so much and that is fine. We get it, you love anything they offer that is exclusive. But STOP BEING BLIND all because you dislike/don't own anyother console. Something like graphical prowess isn't even an opinion. It's something concrete. No fanboyism should be anywhere in this kind of topic. Now if we were talking about the art style, that is completely different.

Before Halo 4, Forza Horizon was easily the best graphics on 360. No other game before Halo 4 had Horizons lighting, draw distance, detail etc.

Technically Horizon is a beast. Untouched in the racing field for visuals and until Halo 4 a great shout at best visuals all round.

That FH picture is not a glitch, there are plenty of mediocre places in the game. It's great at long distance views, however the towns for example all look very bland and empty. Up close screenshots are not all that special, I tried taking some great pics at the photo shoot locations but they didn't tun out all that well.
I've said before I'm more impressed by the level of detail in Most wanted. The skyline, all the reflections and smashable objects are very impressive. Plus the night driving is much better.

35 hours in single player alone already in MW, I finished FH after 13 hours, was good but haven't touched it since.

BenVTrigger said:
I just beat Halo 4s campaign.

Its the best looking FPS this generation bar none. Prior to this Killzone 3 was the best IMO but Halo 4 is quite a bit better than it.

At times the game is absolutly jaw dropping. I have no idea how 343 got this kind of performance out of the 360.

The game looks so good because of the CGI. 
CGI > Anything that can be rendered in-engine on any console

Anyway, how has this thread remained opened this long? It's obvious what the OP's intentions were with the thread.(based on this history) This turned into a PS3 vs. 360 thread right from page 1. 

I have a xbox360 this doesn't change the only reason I have one is for mult-console games and arcade. These games didn't change my mind.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
VGKing said:
BenVTrigger said:

Its the best looking FPS this generation bar none. Prior to this Killzone 3 was the best IMO but Halo 4 is quite a bit better than it.

At times the game is absolutly jaw dropping. I have no idea how 343 got this kind of performance out of the 360.

Anyway, how has this thread remained opened this long? It's obvious what the OP's intentions were with the thread.(based on this history) This turned into a PS3 vs. 360 thread right from page 1. 

THERES ONLY THREE CGI cut scenes in Halo 4. You do understand that right? Everything else is engine ran.

The three are the one in the beginning, middle and end.  Its not the CGI for pete's sake. 

Yay!!!

as long as pc isn't part of the discussion, halo 4 looks very good for something that's so low powered to current tech. much of it is achieved by techniques and not raw power however, time for the nextbox with more raw power instead of work arounds I say.

VGKing said:
BenVTrigger said:

While I agree with you about the second comment. The majority of the videos of Halo 4 are rendered using the game engine. The only CGI being the one from the terminals (not in game and frankly they are a mix between drawing and annimations) and the Spartan Ops CGI episodes. The WHOLE campaign is rendered and the quality is (in my humble oppinion) outshinning every game out so far (on consoles).

On the OP: I cannot talk about Forza Horizon, did not buy it yet.

And you are right about this thread from the beginining. To be honnest it really started with Bananaking21 posting this same thing about uncharted/killzone in EVERY Halo 4 thread so far just to fuel up the fan boy war (I wonder why he did not get moderated yet).

VGKing said:
BenVTrigger said:

What are you talking about?  It has nothing to do with the CGI.

The entire game while your playing it is gorgeous.  Its the best looking FPS by a pretty big margin actually.  There were times I was playing the game and couldnt believe what I was seeing on such dated hardware.  343 are masters

GT5 have better graphics than either Horizons or Forza 4... Forza 4 have better graphics than Horizons by a mile... anybody here saying Horizons have better graphics than Forza 4 is blind.

Abour Halo 4 I need to play first but the pictures, videos and reviews states the game is one of the best on 360 and not the best... I think maybe Gears looks better.