By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

Yeah im biased but i own 2 ps3, 2 360s and my family a Wii.

im probably the guy here that has all the best exclusives for the HD Twins and has completed Uncharted 3 on "Esmagador" and God of War 3 on Chaos.

You wish you were as biased as me, going out to play the best FPS ever - Halo 4. Killzone 3 was a disapointment son.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:

im probably the guy here that has all the best exclusives for the HD Twins and has completed Uncharted 3 on "Esmagador" and God of War 3 on Chaos.

You wish you were as biased as me, going out to play the best FPS ever - Halo 4. Killzone 3 was a disapointment son.

The best FPS in this Gen and in a long time in general is > BATTLEFIELD 3 on PC with Ultra Settings.
There is NOTHING that comes close to that game,especially not on consoles and surely not some Casual Shooters like Halo or CoD.
Sorry - Being MLG Pro is as much an effort as farting against a wall or comparing a Halo Wars player to a Korean LoL or SC Player...If you want to be great play on PC - This is where skill counts and where the good players are.
Halo is a great Casual Shooter and thats it.Killzone has a worse MP but the SP(the only thing that matters on consoles cause MP on Console FPS is for casuals anyways) is much better.

YukanaSenix said:
Argh_College said:

The best FPS in this Gen and in a long time in general is > BATTLEFIELD 3 on PC with Ultra Settings.
There is NOTHING that comes close to that game,especially not on consoles and surely not some Casual Shooters like Halo or CoD.
Sorry - Being MLG Pro is as much an effort as farting against a wall or comparing a Halo Wars player to a Korean LoL or SC Player...If you want to be great play on PC - This is where skill counts and where the good players are.
Halo is a great Casual Shooter and thats it.Killzone has a worse MP but the SP(the only thing that matters on consoles cause MP on Console FPS is for casuals anyways) is much better.

With the right rules Halo is a top notch hardcore shooter just see MLG of Halo 2 and Halo 3 and learn.

BF3 is a joke for competitive gaming thats why no one plays that game in big Lans like MLG.

Lol and SC2 are amazing competitive games, i played LoL and the game is so much fun and so addictive, one of the best online games out there. SC2 is amazing to see on MLG they allways put up a great show with great players.

Halo 4 is not Casual Shooter, you need skill to play Halo, team Work, months of practive and call outs to win games and be the best, thats why there are 350 teams playing Halo at MLG and you only see 16 on top with a big difference from the others, Halo is nothing but an hardcore shooter with the right options and tools and 343 delivered that in big quantity and also in quality.

Remember you can modify everything on Halo from gravity to shoots you need to kill, its just that good.

My favourites competitive games since i can remember :

UT 99 > Halo 2 > SC2 > LoL > Gears of War >>> All.

I'm currently watching through it and Halo 4 definitely (even in the 720p videos I'm watching) is a fantastic looking game. Very good technics and designs - I would be more than fine with next gen consoles outputting the same kind of graphics at native 1080p60 and with higher interactivity with the terrain etc.

aronh17 said:

I hope you know that's near off the track, so those trees won't look as good. Over the fence is area of track that's not accessible. Actually the trees on GT5 look great, especially on the Nurburgring. they're not fully vegetation detail, but they're photorealistic in some places. I'll take some poorly designed photorealistic trees in massive quantities and placed in the right spots over beautiful detailed trees that are scarce and placed in random spots i.e. Forza. It's the attention to detail that counts. Also, don't you realize that I put tons of focal blur to focus on the wall and car? The trees look worse as they're blurred to focus on the car.

Dude I hate to do this to you, but Forza 4 and especially Horizon have better visuals than GT5. 

Heres GT5 during gameplay. Look at the trees. Look at them 2dimensional trees. Not potorealsitic. I have the game with the latest patch. Premium cars look great. But the scenery and circuits are way behind other games. Laguna Secca is the wrong colour entirely on GT5 compared to real life.

GT5

Around the Network

Both proof to me that it is time for a new gen with more memory and a higher resolution.
They look great but Forza Horizon's world is mainly empty and Halo 4 has plenty of low res textures and ugly jaggies with the vertical white light strips, as well as 2D foliage.

And Selnor, GT5 is a mixed beast, easy to find average screenshots, but also great ones. Forza Horizon has it's share of 2D trees as well, and scenes like this:

It all does look magical at medium to long distance, but none look all that great up close.

Looking forward to some more Halo 4 tonight anyway. Great production values so far, seems to have been made with a blanc cheque for a budget.

Argh_College said:

After playing Horizon i thought no game could beat that graphics, absolutely insane the level of detail in the envirnoments aswell the cars but now i´ve played Halo 4 and im absolutely in love with the graphical fidelity of this game, its unbeliavable, makes other shooters look last gen in comparison.

Turn 10 and 343 engines are out of this world, Epic Games still has a shot of beating them with Judgment but it will be close althought i wouldnt bet againt Epic, Judgment if look better than Gears 3 than it will be a graphical powerhouse.

Dude, they aren't even the best graphics on the 360 for this generation. Let alone on all patforms. Every year, Sony exclusives win those awards for best graphics. Stop with this bias nonsense. Can we be objective with this for a second. We get it. You love your 360 so much and that is fine. We get it, you love anything they offer that is exclusive. But STOP BEING BLIND all because you dislike/don't own anyother console. Something like graphical prowess isn't even an opinion. It's something concrete. No fanboyism should be anywhere in this kind of topic. Now if we were talking about the art style, that is completely different.

selnor said:
aronh17 said:

I hope you know that's near off the track, so those trees won't look as good. Over the fence is area of track that's not accessible. Actually the trees on GT5 look great, especially on the Nurburgring. they're not fully vegetation detail, but they're photorealistic in some places. I'll take some poorly designed photorealistic trees in massive quantities and placed in the right spots over beautiful detailed trees that are scarce and placed in random spots i.e. Forza. It's the attention to detail that counts. Also, don't you realize that I put tons of focal blur to focus on the wall and car? The trees look worse as they're blurred to focus on the car.

Dude I hate to do this to you, but Forza 4 and especially Horizon have better visuals than GT5. 

Heres GT5 during gameplay. Look at the trees. Look at them 2dimensional trees. Not potorealsitic. I have the game with the latest patch. Premium cars look great. But the scenery and circuits are way behind other games. Laguna Secca is the wrong colour entirely on GT5 compared to real life.

GT5

Really man? Use your eyes. We all know that trees don't look good in GT5, but stop hanging on one aspect. Their tracks are far more accurate.

TWO, you are posting maps that are port overs from the last GT game from the PS2.. LOL, good one. It's like comparion bad GT5 car models (non-premium) against Forza 4's. Good way to spin graphics bro to your side. Dunno, are you trying to get one past people, or are you just completely clueless about GT5?

Pesmerga7551 said:
Argh_College said:

After playing Horizon i thought no game could beat that graphics, absolutely insane the level of detail in the envirnoments aswell the cars but now i´ve played Halo 4 and im absolutely in love with the graphical fidelity of this game, its unbeliavable, makes other shooters look last gen in comparison.

Turn 10 and 343 engines are out of this world, Epic Games still has a shot of beating them with Judgment but it will be close althought i wouldnt bet againt Epic, Judgment if look better than Gears 3 than it will be a graphical powerhouse.

Dude, they aren't even the best graphics on the 360 for this generation. Let alone on all patforms. Every year, Sony exclusives win those awards for best graphics. Stop with this bias nonsense. Can we be objective with this for a second. We get it. You love your 360 so much and that is fine. We get it, you love anything they offer that is exclusive. But STOP BEING BLIND all because you dislike/don't own anyother console. Something like graphical prowess isn't even an opinion. It's something concrete. No fanboyism should be anywhere in this kind of topic. Now if we were talking about the art style, that is completely different.

When was the last time you looked yourself in the mirror?

I just beat Halo 4s campaign.

Its the best looking FPS this generation bar none. Prior to this Killzone 3 was the best IMO but Halo 4 is quite a bit better than it.

At times the game is absolutly jaw dropping. I have no idea how 343 got this kind of performance out of the 360.