By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

aronh17 said:

This pic is what I took from Gran Turismo 5 earlier and this is not even in photo mode, it's on Circuit de la Sarthe 2005. Hasn't anyone noticed all the "best looking games" run at 30 FPS? Btw, GT5 runs at 60, not to confuse. All the in game Forza 4 pics I've seen are like Forza 3, kind of cartoon like. Sorry lol just fueling the fire for the Forza graphics bragging. Yes, I'm a huge Gran Turismo fanboy. Not for the graphics though, it's just a bonus. Also they screwed the Scuderia up on Forza and never fixed it... It shifts too slow and the stripes are just flat grey instead of metalliz silver that gets dark out of light.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7210/circuitdelasarthe2005.jpg

gran turismo 5 watermark in top right

Around the Network
Argh_College said:
yo_john117 said:
You think Horizon looks amazing? It's a noticeable downgrade graphically from Forza 4 (which makes sense considering Horizon is open world whilst Forza 4 is not).

Halo 4 is not way better than the top titles on consoles. I personally think it's about as good as the best (Killzone 3 and God of War 3).

Although it is the best looking game on the 360 by a pretty good amount.

im sorry but i have to disagree... Horizon looks mindblowing.

To me Horizon looks more refined than 4 but is not visually spetacular, although I have only played the demo so probably not seeing its full capability. People keep bringing up Gears of War, and how Judgement could top Halo 4 graphically. To me, Gears 2 set a bench mark but Gears 3 didn't make to much of step up and still fell short of Alan Wake as it most notable improvement was the use of green in the environments. Think this is partly due to the wow-factor, as while Gears 2 did wow me, 3 did not in addition to the environments not ebing that interesting (the opposite is true of Alan Wake, Halo 4 and the frontier in ACIII).

No, you took me wrong or I said it wrong. Both Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5 have special photo modes where the game maximizes the polygons and reflection on the cars to make it look best. I took that picture on an actual track, not in the special photo mode. So that's in game graphics while driving. It looks very stunning on my LED backlit LCD HDTV. Also Crysis 3's visuals will slay Halo 4's, also 30 FPS. And why is everything about visuals anyways? XD

aronh17 said:

No, you took me wrong or I said it wrong. Both Forza 4 and Gran Turismo 5 have special photo modes where the game maximizes the polygons and reflection on the cars to make it look best. I took that picture on an actual track, not in the special photo mode. So that's in game graphics while driving. It looks very stunning on my LED backlit LCD HDTV. Also Crysis 3's visuals will slay Halo 4's, also 30 FPS. And why is everything about visuals anyways? XD

sorry

Nah you're alright man, I didn't make it clear enough :) Sorry I didn't know I had to hit quote... -_-

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
You think Horizon looks amazing? It's a noticeable downgrade graphically from Forza 4 (which makes sense considering Horizon is open world whilst Forza 4 is not).

Halo 4 is not way better than the top titles on consoles. I personally think it's about as good as the best (Killzone 3 and God of War 3).

Although it is the best looking game on the 360 by a pretty good amount.

Horizon is better than Forza 4 visually. Details are higher in scenery, ligting is much better and colour pallette seems more vibrant than Forza 4 already was. Also draw distance is better. Frames per second takes a hit though. As more resources have gone into the visuals. 

Horizon is noticeably better than Forza 4. 

Argh_College said:
bananaking21 said:
im sorry to burst your bubble but uncharted/killzone have been doing those level of graphics since 2009

No they have not.

Killzone 2 was a corridor shooter with a horrible color pallete, graphics were good but those colours were asfull, arguably a good looking game.

Uncharted 2 for sure amazing looking game but nothing as good as Halo 4, i´ve played Uc3 and doesnt look this good and its a corridor "shooter", Halo 4 has huge sandboxes.

No game comes close to this, i would encourage ND or Santa Monica doing a huge sandbox world with this graphics but they wouldnt be able to achieve this graphics. Nor Forza Horizon.

wow... just wow.. 

tbf i always enjoy ArghCollege posts.. there so blinded and biased they always make me laugh. 

sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:
im sorry to burst your bubble but uncharted/killzone have been doing those level of graphics since 2009

Im sorry to burst yours but the graphical gap between PS3 and 360 is very small indeed.

im sorry to burst your bubble but there is no "graphical gap" between the consoles, each conoles has its own strenghts and can out perfom the other depending on the type of test and bnechmark tests you put it on.

aronh17 said:

on console? no way. yeah and i played crysis on console that thing is like 15 FPS per second, not 30. crysis 2 on consoles is a techinical mess

PDF said:
bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
bananaking21 said:

Im sorry to burst yours but the graphical gap between PS3 and 360 is very small indeed.

im sorry to burst your bubble but there is no "graphical gap" between the consoles, each conoles has its own strenghts and can out perfom the other depending on the type of test and bnechmark tests you put it on.

Why so many people sorry to burst bubbles.  Popping bubbles are fun, it was one of my favorite activities as a kid.

exactly, and imagine if somebody always came and burst your bubbles before you cold pop any one!! wouldnt you atleast want them to be sorry? :(