By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

After playing Horizon i thought no game could beat that graphics, absolutely insane the level of detail in the envirnoments aswell the cars but now i´ve played Halo 4 and im absolutely in love with the graphical fidelity of this game, its unbeliavable, makes other shooters look last gen in comparison.

Turn 10 and 343 engines are out of this world, Epic Games still has a shot of beating them with Judgment but it will be close althought i wouldnt bet againt Epic, Judgment if look better than Gears 3 than it will be a graphical powerhouse.

Around the Network

This really wasn't a necesarry thread was it friend?

"its unbeliavable, makes other shooters look last gen in comparison."

Wouldn't say that's true either, from what I've seen Halo 4 looks great, but other shooters have also improved (MoH, BF, CoD (arguably), etc).

im sorry to burst your bubble but uncharted/killzone have been doing those level of graphics since 2009

bananaking21 said:
im sorry to burst your bubble but uncharted/killzone have been doing those level of graphics since 2009

No they have not.

Killzone 2 was a corridor shooter with a horrible color pallete, graphics were good but those colours were asfull, arguably a good looking game.

Uncharted 2 for sure amazing looking game but nothing as good as Halo 4, i´ve played Uc3 and doesnt look this good and its a corridor "shooter", Halo 4 has huge sandboxes.

No game comes close to this, i would encourage ND or Santa Monica doing a huge sandbox world with this graphics but they wouldnt be able to achieve this graphics. Nor Forza Horizon.

bananaking21 said:

Im sorry to burst yours but the graphical gap between PS3 and 360 is very small indeed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

You think Horizon looks amazing? It's a noticeable downgrade graphically from Forza 4 (which makes sense considering Horizon is open world whilst Forza 4 is not).

Halo 4 is not way better than the top titles on consoles. I personally think it's about as good as the best (Killzone 3 and God of War 3).

Although it is the best looking game on the 360 by a pretty good amount.

yo_john117 said:
You think Horizon looks amazing? It's a noticeable downgrade graphically from Forza 4 (which makes sense considering Horizon is open world whilst Forza 4 is not).

Halo 4 is not way better than the top titles on consoles. I personally think it's about as good as the best (Killzone 3 and God of War 3).

im sorry but i have to disagree... Horizon looks mindblowing.

yo_john117 said:

Forza Horizon isn't way superior graphically to Forza 4, definitely a much improved technical game though, anti-aliasing and lighting are the two areas where they've really improved from Forza 4, mainly due to their going from 60 fps to 30 fps.

Guys, let's not make this a versus thread. He implied that all other shooters look last-gen by comparison, this needn't be a console partisan thing, but instead a fun 360 thread.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

This is not a thread for platform wars. Please don't bring the PS3 into this.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective