By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

SWORDF1SH said:
Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Trunkin said:

It's a pony. A little pony.

Anyways, the 360 is(was?) a powerful machine. It seems to me that the main thing that's been holding it back is the outdated DVD format. If M$'d had the balls to eat the losses and put an HDDVD drive in it, methinks this generation would have ended quite differently.

I don't think storage space on software would make any difference to graphics. Plus if it had a HD DVD drive it would of had a higher rrp which hampered the PS3 for a few years of its life.

Even if the 360 would have came with a HD-DVD drive.  Blu-ray would have still won the format wars HD-DVD would have been around a bit longer but that is about it.  It would have reduced piracy by a whole lot on the 360 side though that would have been the best benefit.   It would have probably delayed the launch of the console also so maybe the RROD problem wouldn't have been as big since it would have launched with slightly better hardware.

I agree but if MS fully supported HD DVD then it could of swayed it in favor of HD DVD when it was in the balance. Guess we will never know now.

The suposed lower cost of HD DVD movies never materialised also a lot of HD DVD movies where only in 720p and the better format won.

Around the Network

It's funny how every time someone praises something about the 360, a Ps3 fan jumps in and criticizes.
It's funny how every time someone praises something about the Ps3, a 360 fan jumps in and criticizes.
It's funny how every time someone praises something about Wii, a Ps360 fan jumps in and criticizes.
It's funny how every time someone praises something about consoles, a PC fan jumps in and criticizes.

Welcome to Vgchartz.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
It's funny how every time someone praises something about the 360, a Ps3 fan jumps in and criticizes.
It's funny how every time someone praises something about the Ps3, a 360 fan jumps in and criticizes.
It's funny how every time someone praises something about Wii, a Ps360 fan jumps in and criticizes.
It's funny how every time someone praises something about consoles, a PC fan jumps in and criticizes.

Welcome to Vgchartz.

It's funny how no one was mocking about anything, you jump in. 

Welcome to your hypocrisy. 

Yay!!!

Sorry I didn't read the 23rd page. I read the first couple pages and figured it was going to continue.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Chris Hu said:

The suposed lower cost of HD DVD movies never materialised also a lot of HD DVD movies where only in 720p and the better format won.

Blu-ray is the better format but better format doesn't always win. Betamax was beaten by the inferior VHS. They only thing that mattered at the time was what movie companies was going to side with who and it took a few of Sony's dollars to persuade them. Was Warner Bros the turning point? Can't remember. Now imagine if MS had a bigger interest in HD-DVD and what could of happened if MS put some of their money to see the survival of HD-DVD.

Around the Network
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Argh_College said:
Halo 4 Won Best Graphics of 2012.

Xbox, a True Beast!

What source

video game awards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnRqQDfmQaM

crysis 3 xbox gameplay

Jazz2K said:
MB1025 said:
Aldro said:

Am I the only one that supports Sony, not for the PS3 being stronger or weaker? Like.. who cares?

I support Sony for their decision in having so many talented developers working to push the console. I pity that MS only is getting there now. As a gamer, I feel disgusted that it took so long. Just look at the reactions in this thread. Have you all been sitting and rolling your thumbs for the last 4-5 years? I am aware that there have been stunning looking games for the 360. But the way you act now doesnt display that, at all. Maybe it is true and MS hasnt even been able to compete at all until today. We are arguing that a game of 2012 is up to par with 2009-2010 and 2011. I mean thats ridicilous in all honesty! It SHOULDNT be like this.

And with next year around the corner and Sony having 3 titles, I mean.. lol.

I just find it funny. To me Gears 3 was close enough for me to tell that the console is obviously able to produce awesome stuff. BUT the focus just isnt there. Halo 4 and Forza Horizon but to what extent? Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2, God of War III, Killzone 3, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4. Im glad you guys got two titles to be happy about. I for one, would not be pleased. And its not about the console at all. Its about the approach of Microsoft, it differs too much from mine. I for one, am glad that I get to experience TWO new IPs: The Last Of Us, Beyond and have SSM do their second God of War next year. We should all ask more from MS. We really should. Yes you can throw in Gears for MS too, or any other game you want. Doesnt change the fact that for 4 consecutive years (08-11), Sony has been praised by the critics over and over. The bar could be even higher if MS would remotely care and try harder, pushing Sony even moreso.

I really hate this IP argument. It is like such a 7 year old thing. IP's don't matter anymore. It only matters to this online forum gaming bubble. I don't care what company has more IP's coming out. If people are interested in a game it doesn't matter what brand is on it. Why should I care how many games come from Microsoft Studios? I bought my 360 and PS3 to play games. I could care less if there wasn't another Halo or Gears of War. Because I know Ubisoft, Gearbox, Valve, Rockstar, Remedy, Bethesda, and 100 other companies are making games.

This spring Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, and GTA 5 are hitting store shelves. Your telling because Microsoft just has Gears of War as a 360 I won't know what to do with myself until the next exclusive drops?

Give me a break.

Don't bother...   

Anything in this list is irrelevent to Sony only fans on these boards.

Mario and co.
MS IPs such as Fable, Halo, Gears, Forza
Anything Kinect
Anything Wii
Multiplat
Arcade/Indy games unless they're exclusive to PSN
Console Exclusive
Graphics outside PS3

quoted 4 truth

ZaneWane said:
Jazz2K said:
MB1025 said:
Aldro said:

Am I the only one that supports Sony, not for the PS3 being stronger or weaker? Like.. who cares?

I support Sony for their decision in having so many talented developers working to push the console. I pity that MS only is getting there now. As a gamer, I feel disgusted that it took so long. Just look at the reactions in this thread. Have you all been sitting and rolling your thumbs for the last 4-5 years? I am aware that there have been stunning looking games for the 360. But the way you act now doesnt display that, at all. Maybe it is true and MS hasnt even been able to compete at all until today. We are arguing that a game of 2012 is up to par with 2009-2010 and 2011. I mean thats ridicilous in all honesty! It SHOULDNT be like this.

And with next year around the corner and Sony having 3 titles, I mean.. lol.

I just find it funny. To me Gears 3 was close enough for me to tell that the console is obviously able to produce awesome stuff. BUT the focus just isnt there. Halo 4 and Forza Horizon but to what extent? Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2, God of War III, Killzone 3, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4. Im glad you guys got two titles to be happy about. I for one, would not be pleased. And its not about the console at all. Its about the approach of Microsoft, it differs too much from mine. I for one, am glad that I get to experience TWO new IPs: The Last Of Us, Beyond and have SSM do their second God of War next year. We should all ask more from MS. We really should. Yes you can throw in Gears for MS too, or any other game you want. Doesnt change the fact that for 4 consecutive years (08-11), Sony has been praised by the critics over and over. The bar could be even higher if MS would remotely care and try harder, pushing Sony even moreso.

I really hate this IP argument. It is like such a 7 year old thing. IP's don't matter anymore. It only matters to this online forum gaming bubble. I don't care what company has more IP's coming out. If people are interested in a game it doesn't matter what brand is on it. Why should I care how many games come from Microsoft Studios? I bought my 360 and PS3 to play games. I could care less if there wasn't another Halo or Gears of War. Because I know Ubisoft, Gearbox, Valve, Rockstar, Remedy, Bethesda, and 100 other companies are making games.

This spring Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, and GTA 5 are hitting store shelves. Your telling because Microsoft just has Gears of War as a 360 I won't know what to do with myself until the next exclusive drops?

Give me a break.

I don't think IPs are as irrelevant as you think. While it's true that most games nowadays aren't exclusives, the excluse games are what tip the scale for me. I like Bioshock, Tomb Raider and Splinter Cell, but not Halo 4 or Forza? I'll buy a PS3 then. Likewise, if I don't like Uncharted or GoW I'll buy a Xbox360. Did I bring my point across?