By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

SvennoJ said:
SWORDF1SH said:
"Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!"

Like a unicorn?

Better

Where's the spikey thing?

This is either;

• A young unicorn (the spikey thing hasn't grown) 
  • Punk rocker donkey
  • or Svenny boy is trying to fool me. You can't fool the unfoolable you foolish fool.

Around the Network
ZaneWane said:
halo 4 won best graphic at video game awards

Not surprising really.

Glad to see it got some recognition (should have gotten GOTY as well IMO)

Well, with provocative title like that, I've expected nothing but gold in this thread, the mud slinging and passing off of various different opinions as facts and consisten judging of the game without even playing it, has not left me disappointed in the slightest

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

SWORDF1SH said:
SvennoJ said:
SWORDF1SH said:
"Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!"

Like a unicorn?

Better

Where's the spikey thing?

This is either;

• A young unicorn (the spikey thing hasn't grown) 
  • Punk rocker donkey
  • or Svenny boy is trying to fool me. You can't fool the unfoolable you foolish fool.

It's a pony. A little pony.

Anyways, the 360 is(was?) a powerful machine. It seems to me that the main thing that's been holding it back is the outdated DVD format. If M$'d had the balls to eat the losses and put an HDDVD drive in it, methinks this generation would have ended quite differently.

Trunkin said:

It's a pony. A little pony.

Anyways, the 360 is(was?) a powerful machine. It seems to me that the main thing that's been holding it back is the outdated DVD format. If M$'d had the balls to eat the losses and put an HDDVD drive in it, methinks this generation would have ended quite differently.

I don't think storage space on software would make any difference to graphics. Plus if it had a HD DVD drive it would of had a higher rrp which hampered the PS3 for a few years of its life.

Around the Network

I don't think Forza and Halo prove that the 360 is a magical beast.  I think the improved functionality over the years is the proof.  When you look at the capabilities the Xbox 360 had in 2005 and what it has now, it's just amazing.    Since launch, Microsoft has added:

• 1 vs 100 (Sadly taken away from us)
  • Downloadable video
  • Streaming movies via Netflix, Hulu, etc
  • Last.FM music
  • a great web browser
  • Party chat 
  • Controller free motion control
  • Achievements for every game
  • Halo Waypoint
  • Smart glass functionality
  • Video chat
  • Custom soundtracks
  • Live TV
  • Lightning fast updates
  • Optional installs for improved performance

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of stuff.  That's just off the top of my head.  This from a gaming console that is nearly a decade old.  It's an old dog with tricks that newer dogs couldn't even figure out how to do.  Whoever designed this thing created a beast.  When I got my 360 in 2007, I had no idea what the thing would be able to do.  It's adapted with the times like nothing else.

slowmo said:
Skeeuk said:
LOL every time any new 360 title is out its always touted as best ever. when i used to own a 360 and finally played these said games they looked OK at best.

in comparison to ps3's best offerings they will always be behind. anyone who doesnt own a 360 buy one and see yourself the games are excellent but visually not upto ps3's best.

of course its without saying anytime a good solid looking 360 title arrives to the fanB it will always seem much greater than it actually is combined with fanboy reviews a kind "frenzy" erups on forums which will die down after a few weeks

But of course given you don't own both anymore you cant make that statement about games you haven't played can you?  Gears 3 and Halo 4 are a match for the PS3's best titles and I'm including Uncharted and Killzone in that statement (I've not played GOW3 as I don't like the series but general consensus doesn't suggest it's above KZ and UC).

Finally saying the likes of Gears 1, Gears 2, Fable 2, Forza 3, Crackdown, Bioshock, etc, etc looked "OK at best" is pretty laughable.

Those titles were far behind the PS3's offerings in looks. It wasnt until Forza 4, Gears 3 and Halo 4 that the proper looking games came out.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:
Skeeuk said:
LOL every time any new 360 title is out its always touted as best ever. when i used to own a 360 and finally played these said games they looked OK at best.

in comparison to ps3's best offerings they will always be behind. anyone who doesnt own a 360 buy one and see yourself the games are excellent but visually not upto ps3's best.

of course its without saying anytime a good solid looking 360 title arrives to the fanB it will always seem much greater than it actually is combined with fanboy reviews a kind "frenzy" erups on forums which will die down after a few weeks

But of course given you don't own both anymore you cant make that statement about games you haven't played can you?  Gears 3 and Halo 4 are a match for the PS3's best titles and I'm including Uncharted and Killzone in that statement (I've not played GOW3 as I don't like the series but general consensus doesn't suggest it's above KZ and UC).

Finally saying the likes of Gears 1, Gears 2, Fable 2, Forza 3, Crackdown, Bioshock, etc, etc looked "OK at best" is pretty laughable.

Those titles were far behind the PS3's offerings in looks. It wasnt until Forza 4, Gears 3 and Halo 4 that the proper looking games came out.

Far behind?  When Gears 1 and Gears 2 came out, they were arguably the best looking titles on the market.  Forza 3 was stunning and many felt it was superior to Gran Turismo 5 when it released a year later.  Bioshock got so many accolades for its graphics that I bought it based on being blown away by the demo alone.  PS3 has a handful of titles that looked amazing--two Uncharteds, God of War 3, and Heavy Rain--that looked amazing for their time.  The 360's older hardware is able to keep pace with the PS3 quite nicely.  Maybe the PS3 does edge it out by a tiny margin on occasion but c'mon!  That's one of the things I hate.  I've played all of the PS3's heavy hitters from Killzone 4 to MGS4 to Uncharted 3 and I'll be first in line to buy Last of Us, Beyond, etc.  I can say with 100% confidence that "it ain't all that".

i also think gears of war 1 was at release way behind the ps3 offerings in 2006 and forza 3 was really an ugly racing game in 2009.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:
Skeeuk said:

I will give you Fable 2, but the rest had no problem keeping up or ahead of the pack.