By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Trunkin said:

It's a pony. A little pony.

Anyways, the 360 is(was?) a powerful machine. It seems to me that the main thing that's been holding it back is the outdated DVD format. If M$'d had the balls to eat the losses and put an HDDVD drive in it, methinks this generation would have ended quite differently.

I don't think storage space on software would make any difference to graphics. Plus if it had a HD DVD drive it would of had a higher rrp which hampered the PS3 for a few years of its life.

Even if the 360 would have came with a HD-DVD drive.  Blu-ray would have still won the format wars HD-DVD would have been around a bit longer but that is about it.  It would have reduced piracy by a whole lot on the 360 side though that would have been the best benefit.   It would have probably delayed the launch of the console also so maybe the RROD problem wouldn't have been as big since it would have launched with slightly better hardware.

I agree but if MS fully supported HD DVD then it could of swayed it in favor of HD DVD when it was in the balance. Guess we will never know now.

Around the Network

I was hoping for some nice Halo 4 and Forza Horizon gifs or screenshots! This thread is seriously disappointing.

I've yet to play either, but Halo 4 looks very nice from what I've seen. If I'm not mistaken it's really the first true effort from MS to push the system to it's limits.

Halo 4 Won Best Graphics of 2012.

Xbox, a True Beast!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Trunkin said:

Anyways, the 360 is(was?) a powerful machine. It seems to me that the main thing that's been holding it back is the outdated DVD format. If M$'d had the balls to eat the losses and put an HDDVD drive in it, methinks this generation would have ended quite differently.

I don't think storage space on software would make any difference to graphics. Plus if it had a HD DVD drive it would of had a higher rrp which hampered the PS3 for a few years of its life.

Even if the 360 would have came with a HD-DVD drive.  Blu-ray would have still won the format wars HD-DVD would have been around a bit longer but that is about it.  It would have reduced piracy by a whole lot on the 360 side though that would have been the best benefit.   It would have probably delayed the launch of the console also so maybe the RROD problem wouldn't have been as big since it would have launched with slightly better hardware.

I agree, HD-DVD was a lost cause. Blu-ray was and still is more effecient. 

HD-DVD was a Lost cause.

Blu Ray Is a Lost Cause.

Streaming is here to Stay, Xbox Video and Apple Tv will just ignite the process even more.

Argh_College said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Trunkin said:

I agree, HD-DVD was a lost cause. Blu-ray was and still is more effecient. 

HD-DVD was a Lost cause.

Blu Ray Is a Lost Cause.

Streaming is here to Stay, Xbox Video and Apple Tv will just ignite the process even more.

We were talking about the 2005-2006 hi definition format war. 

Yay!!!

Around the Network
Argh_College said:

Xbox, a True Beast!

What source

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Argh_College said:

Xbox, a True Beast!

What source

I'm guessing at the VGA's.

Chris Hu said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Argh_College said:

Xbox, a True Beast!

What source

I'm guessing at the VGA's.

ohh i see

Yay!!!

Argh_College said:

After playing Horizon i thought no game could beat that graphics, absolutely insane the level of detail in the envirnoments aswell the cars but now i´ve played Halo 4 and im absolutely in love with the graphical fidelity of this game, its unbeliavable, makes other shooters look last gen in comparison.

Turn 10 and 343 engines are out of this world, Epic Games still has a shot of beating them with Judgment but it will be close althought i wouldnt bet againt Epic, Judgment if look better than Gears 3 than it will be a graphical powerhouse.

While it is impressive that 7 years down the line, devs are still able to wring more from the 360, let me melt your eyes:

^^^ PC???

Yay!!!