By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:
Skeeuk said:
LOL every time any new 360 title is out its always touted as best ever. when i used to own a 360 and finally played these said games they looked OK at best.

in comparison to ps3's best offerings they will always be behind. anyone who doesnt own a 360 buy one and see yourself the games are excellent but visually not upto ps3's best.

of course its without saying anytime a good solid looking 360 title arrives to the fanB it will always seem much greater than it actually is combined with fanboy reviews a kind "frenzy" erups on forums which will die down after a few weeks

But of course given you don't own both anymore you cant make that statement about games you haven't played can you?  Gears 3 and Halo 4 are a match for the PS3's best titles and I'm including Uncharted and Killzone in that statement (I've not played GOW3 as I don't like the series but general consensus doesn't suggest it's above KZ and UC).

Finally saying the likes of Gears 1, Gears 2, Fable 2, Forza 3, Crackdown, Bioshock, etc, etc looked "OK at best" is pretty laughable.

Those titles were far behind the PS3's offerings in looks. It wasnt until Forza 4, Gears 3 and Halo 4 that the proper looking games came out.

I will give you Fable 2, but the rest had no problem keeping up or ahead of the pack.

So you're saying any Crackdown game was on par with any Uncharted game? Gears 2 was on par with Uncharted 2 or even Halo Reach vs Killzone 3? Come on. Microsoft just made it the party with their offerings of Gears 3, Halo 4, and Forza 4.

Why are you putting words in my mouth?

I am not putting words in your mouth, you said you will give me Fable 2 but the others had no problems keeping up.

During their time period.

Ok....name a year and lets test this.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:
Skeeuk said:
LOL every time any new 360 title is out its always touted as best ever. when i used to own a 360 and finally played these said games they looked OK at best.

in comparison to ps3's best offerings they will always be behind. anyone who doesnt own a 360 buy one and see yourself the games are excellent but visually not upto ps3's best.

of course its without saying anytime a good solid looking 360 title arrives to the fanB it will always seem much greater than it actually is combined with fanboy reviews a kind "frenzy" erups on forums which will die down after a few weeks

But of course given you don't own both anymore you cant make that statement about games you haven't played can you?  Gears 3 and Halo 4 are a match for the PS3's best titles and I'm including Uncharted and Killzone in that statement (I've not played GOW3 as I don't like the series but general consensus doesn't suggest it's above KZ and UC).

Finally saying the likes of Gears 1, Gears 2, Fable 2, Forza 3, Crackdown, Bioshock, etc, etc looked "OK at best" is pretty laughable.

Those titles were far behind the PS3's offerings in looks. It wasnt until Forza 4, Gears 3 and Halo 4 that the proper looking games came out.

I will give you Fable 2, but the rest had no problem keeping up or ahead of the pack.

So you're saying any Crackdown game was on par with any Uncharted game? Gears 2 was on par with Uncharted 2 or even Halo Reach vs Killzone 3? Come on. Microsoft just made it the party with their offerings of Gears 3, Halo 4, and Forza 4.

I am not putting words in your mouth, you said you will give me Fable 2 but the others had no problems keeping up.

This pointless debate has went on long enough.

Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nsanity said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:
Skeeuk said:

This pointless debate has went on long enough.

Whatever, I had the 360 myself for four years and when I got the PS3 I was blown away instantly by the launch games that I played on the PS3. Thats all I am saying, on a level of art direction and more Sony gave their titles a level of love that I had not experience in my four years being 360 only. Sony needs to catch up with shooter gameplay though.

yo_john117 said:
ZaneWane said:
halo 4 won best graphic at video game awards

Not surprising really.

Glad to see it got some recognition (should have gotten GOTY as well IMO)

what got game of the year

how anyone can think Halo 4 is the pinochle of 360 graphics is beyond me, it's not even close to the top 10 xbox games graphics wise, play Far Cry 3 or Battlefield 3 if you want a 360 shooter with immense graphics, don't take fanboyism to stupid levels and talk about graphics and Halo, the only thing Halo trumps graphics wise is CoD and that's hardly difficult, at least CoD does the online properly, Halo is just for sad kids who wank and take drugs all the time cause they think it makes them more "manly" and "cool" in reality they are neither.

Forza is fair enough, racing sims tend to push the graphics boundaries pretty well.

Around the Network
RoryGamesFree said:
how anyone can think Halo 4 is the pinochle of 360 graphics is beyond me, it's not even close to the top 10 xbox games graphics wise, play Far Cry 3 or Battlefield 3 if you want a 360 shooter with immense graphics, don't take fanboyism to stupid levels and talk about graphics and Halo, the only thing Halo trumps graphics wise is CoD and that's hardly difficult, at least CoD does the online properly, Halo is just for sad kids who wank and take drugs all the time cause they think it makes them more "manly" and "cool" in reality they are neither.

Forza is fair enough, racing sims tend to push the graphics boundaries pretty well.

http://www.thereticule.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Halo-4-CTF-Exile-Map.jpg

What an ugly game.

Reported for: "Halo is just for sad kids who wank and take drugs all the time cause they think it makes them more "manly" and "cool" in reality they are neither"

If you're wondering. 

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
RoryGamesFree said:

What an ugly game.

Reported for: "Halo is just for sad kids who wank and take drugs all the time cause they think it makes them more "manly" and "cool" in reality they are neither"

If you're wondering. 

I really couldn't care less what Halo fanboys think about anything, you are barely even "gamers"

RoryGamesFree said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
RoryGamesFree said:

What an ugly game.

If you're wondering. 

I really couldn't care less what Halo fanboys think about anything, you are barely even "gamers"

Can you atleast please justify your reasoning behind calling Halo gamers (incl me) "Fanboys", "Wankers", "Drug addicts", etc??

Yay!!!

SWORDF1SH said:
Trunkin said:

It's a pony. A little pony.

Anyways, the 360 is(was?) a powerful machine. It seems to me that the main thing that's been holding it back is the outdated DVD format. If M$'d had the balls to eat the losses and put an HDDVD drive in it, methinks this generation would have ended quite differently.

I don't think storage space on software would make any difference to graphics. Plus if it had a HD DVD drive it would of had a higher rrp which hampered the PS3 for a few years of its life.

Even if the 360 would have came with a HD-DVD drive.  Blu-ray would have still won the format wars HD-DVD would have been around a bit longer but that is about it.  It would have reduced piracy by a whole lot on the 360 side though that would have been the best benefit.   It would have probably delayed the launch of the console also so maybe the RROD problem wouldn't have been as big since it would have launched with slightly better hardware.

Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Trunkin said:

It's a pony. A little pony.

Anyways, the 360 is(was?) a powerful machine. It seems to me that the main thing that's been holding it back is the outdated DVD format. If M$'d had the balls to eat the losses and put an HDDVD drive in it, methinks this generation would have ended quite differently.

I don't think storage space on software would make any difference to graphics. Plus if it had a HD DVD drive it would of had a higher rrp which hampered the PS3 for a few years of its life.

Even if the 360 would have came with a HD-DVD drive.  Blu-ray would have still won the format wars HD-DVD would have been around a bit longer but that is about it.  It would have reduced piracy by a whole lot on the 360 side though that would have been the best benefit.   It would have probably delayed the launch of the console also so maybe the RROD problem wouldn't have been as big since it would have launched with slightly better hardware.

I agree, HD-DVD was a lost cause. Blu-ray was and still is more effecient. 

Yay!!!