By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!

Dmick90 said:
Sony fanboys are so ridiculous. You can't say anything about their PS3s or they'll cry like little babies. They're always right and Nintendo and Microsoft fanboys are always wrong in their eyes. They are scared and respond to fear because Microsoft has finally rivaled and even bested the PS3's game offerings as of late. And the software and hardware sales validate that. Let them wallow in their tears, they aren't worth getting into an argument with.

You can say something about my Bluray player. I mean PS3 if you like.

Around the Network

halo 4 won best graphic at video game awards

Aldro said:
Dmick90 said:
Aldro said:
Dmick90 said:
bananaking21 said:
im sorry to burst your bubble but uncharted/killzone have been doing those level of graphics since 2009

Last time I checked Killzone 3 wasn't that great according to IGN... Rated 8.5/10 compared to Halo 4's 9.8/10.

You're really bringing up reviews when Halo 4 is under 90 Meta? So technically Killzone 2 is ahead of Halo 4? What about Uncharted 3's perfect 10/10 from IGN?

Just find it funny that's all

Uncharted 3 is a fantastic game there's no doubt about it. But when it comes to PS3 shooters, Killzone 3 can't compete. Xbox 360 is the king of shooters in my opinion.

I see. Well Killzone 2 was pretty acclaimed, so "cant compete" is a bit ..too much? Killzone 2 has 91 meta (2009 release), Reach has 91 meta (2010 release). Halo 4 has 87 meta (2012 release), Killzone 3 has 84 meta (2011 release). In all fairness, its not that marginal and both are either in the 90s or 80s :P. I can see if you prefer one over the other, but I cant see how using reviews makes the PS3 not being able to compete.

Why are we using meta to compare games? Website reviews are trash.

Aldro said:

Am I the only one that supports Sony, not for the PS3 being stronger or weaker? Like.. who cares?

I support Sony for their decision in having so many talented developers working to push the console. I pity that MS only is getting there now. As a gamer, I feel disgusted that it took so long. Just look at the reactions in this thread. Have you all been sitting and rolling your thumbs for the last 4-5 years? I am aware that there have been stunning looking games for the 360. But the way you act now doesnt display that, at all. Maybe it is true and MS hasnt even been able to compete at all until today. We are arguing that a game of 2012 is up to par with 2009-2010 and 2011. I mean thats ridicilous in all honesty! It SHOULDNT be like this.

And with next year around the corner and Sony having 3 titles, I mean.. lol.

I just find it funny. To me Gears 3 was close enough for me to tell that the console is obviously able to produce awesome stuff. BUT the focus just isnt there. Halo 4 and Forza Horizon but to what extent? Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2, God of War III, Killzone 3, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4. Im glad you guys got two titles to be happy about. I for one, would not be pleased. And its not about the console at all. Its about the approach of Microsoft, it differs too much from mine. I for one, am glad that I get to experience TWO new IPs: The Last Of Us, Beyond and have SSM do their second God of War next year. We should all ask more from MS. We really should. Yes you can throw in Gears for MS too, or any other game you want. Doesnt change the fact that for 4 consecutive years (08-11), Sony has been praised by the critics over and over. The bar could be even higher if MS would remotely care and try harder, pushing Sony even moreso.

I really hate this IP argument. It is like such a 7 year old thing. IP's don't matter anymore. It only matters to this online forum gaming bubble. I don't care what company has more IP's coming out. If people are interested in a game it doesn't matter what brand is on it. Why should I care how many games come from Microsoft Studios? I bought my 360 and PS3 to play games. I could care less if there wasn't another Halo or Gears of War. Because I know Ubisoft, Gearbox, Valve, Rockstar, Remedy, Bethesda, and 100 other companies are making games.

This spring Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, and GTA 5 are hitting store shelves. Your telling because Microsoft just has Gears of War as a 360 I won't know what to do with myself until the next exclusive drops?

Give me a break.

Ah shit, it's back.

Around the Network

this thread is pure gold.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Ye Gods! I vomit in my mouth every time I see "magical" being used to describe the performance of Apple devices. I don't need to start seeing that ridiculous hyperbole in console threads.

Amazing, Awesome, Unbelievable, Incredible, Bestest evah on consolez. Fine, go for it. But magical, please no.

That's all I wanted to say as I've not seen either H4 or FH other than on the intertubes, and that's no way to assess the visuals of a game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

MB1025 said:
Aldro said:

Am I the only one that supports Sony, not for the PS3 being stronger or weaker? Like.. who cares?

I support Sony for their decision in having so many talented developers working to push the console. I pity that MS only is getting there now. As a gamer, I feel disgusted that it took so long. Just look at the reactions in this thread. Have you all been sitting and rolling your thumbs for the last 4-5 years? I am aware that there have been stunning looking games for the 360. But the way you act now doesnt display that, at all. Maybe it is true and MS hasnt even been able to compete at all until today. We are arguing that a game of 2012 is up to par with 2009-2010 and 2011. I mean thats ridicilous in all honesty! It SHOULDNT be like this.

And with next year around the corner and Sony having 3 titles, I mean.. lol.

I just find it funny. To me Gears 3 was close enough for me to tell that the console is obviously able to produce awesome stuff. BUT the focus just isnt there. Halo 4 and Forza Horizon but to what extent? Uncharted 3, Uncharted 2, God of War III, Killzone 3, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4. Im glad you guys got two titles to be happy about. I for one, would not be pleased. And its not about the console at all. Its about the approach of Microsoft, it differs too much from mine. I for one, am glad that I get to experience TWO new IPs: The Last Of Us, Beyond and have SSM do their second God of War next year. We should all ask more from MS. We really should. Yes you can throw in Gears for MS too, or any other game you want. Doesnt change the fact that for 4 consecutive years (08-11), Sony has been praised by the critics over and over. The bar could be even higher if MS would remotely care and try harder, pushing Sony even moreso.

I really hate this IP argument. It is like such a 7 year old thing. IP's don't matter anymore. It only matters to this online forum gaming bubble. I don't care what company has more IP's coming out. If people are interested in a game it doesn't matter what brand is on it. Why should I care how many games come from Microsoft Studios? I bought my 360 and PS3 to play games. I could care less if there wasn't another Halo or Gears of War. Because I know Ubisoft, Gearbox, Valve, Rockstar, Remedy, Bethesda, and 100 other companies are making games.

This spring Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, and GTA 5 are hitting store shelves. Your telling because Microsoft just has Gears of War as a 360 I won't know what to do with myself until the next exclusive drops?

Give me a break.

Don't bother...   

Anything in this list is irrelevent to Sony only fans on these boards.

Mario and co.
MS IPs such as Fable, Halo, Gears, Forza
Anything Kinect
Anything Wii
Multiplat
Arcade/Indy games unless they're exclusive to PSN
Console Exclusive
Graphics outside PS3

"Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!"

Like a unicorn?

SWORDF1SH said:
"Forza Horizon and Halo 4 Prove 360 is a magical Beast!"