By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Black Ops 2 Launch Guide (Wii U 720p 60fps, 360/ps3 SUB-HD)

Viper1 said:
zarx said:
TheBardsSong said:
Is this confirmed or just speculation?

The Wii U stuff? 

Just speculation, a rep said the Wii U version was finally "true HD" on a nintendo platform and that it would be 60fps (just like they harp on about X360 and PS3 being 60fps). Fanboys took that too mean that Wii U version was 1080p native, a rep eventually confirmed that it was not 1080p so now people are assuming that it's 720p. 

That may be proved false later 

Actually, the rep said "Full HD".

The problem is he could have been using the word "full" simply as an adverb to emphasize the game would be in HD.  However, the term "Full HD" is the accepted marketing and industry terminology for 1920 x 1080 resolution.    If he meant the former, it was a poor choice of words due the the conflict with the industry term.

Exactly. The rep's words were misleading, as what he said was essentially "it's 1080p."

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Am I missing something? From where does this (Wii U True 720p HD 60fps, 360/ps3 SUB-HD) come from?

Essentially the previous versions of the Call of Duty games for consoles run at 600p (Sub-HD resolution) to keep the framerate the closer they can to 60fps with good results (usually achieving an average of 56-58 fps). The Wii U version (till proven false) runs at 720p (HD resolution) at a constant 60fps.

Now we have to get confirmation on both things, the resolution and framerate of all the versions, as right now the information is comming from comments of the developers and not from a direct comparison of the final retail games. If proven true is a good sign of the power of the console or at least how easy is to develop for it, as it took Activision almost 3 years to bring the PS3 version of the engine up to the level of the 360 one, and with little less than a year of development, which mean less time to tweak and refine, is achieving better results with the Wii U already.

zarx said:
TheBardsSong said:

The Wii U stuff? 

Just speculation, a rep said the Wii U version was finally "true HD" on a nintendo platform and that it would be 60fps (just like they harp on about X360 and PS3 being 60fps). Fanboys took that too mean that Wii U version was 1080p native, a rep eventually confirmed that it was not 1080p so now people are assuming that it's 720p. 

Yeah, pretty much what I gathered from everything said. I think people are giving both the Wii U and Activision too much credit.

TheBardsSong said:
zarx said:
TheBardsSong said:

The Wii U stuff? 

Yeah, pretty much what I gathered from everything said. I think people are giving both the Wii U and Activision too much credit.

Activision I can understand, but surely it's not asking much of a system with 2GB of RAM and a more modern GPU with more fillrate and features than its competitors to produce a PS3/360 game at 720p/60fps?

Cobretti2 said:
whilst you all argue about minimal graphical differences of COD, I think I will go enjoy the nicer graphics in Killzone.

Yes, go enjoy your bad game.

And for the record what you just did there is trolling.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

The Wii U is designed to run games at 60FPS given that is Nintendo's target and this game also targets 60FPS. The game itself is quite a good match to what the Wii U is capable of. In the end however this all doesn't matter given the fact that the next gen consoles from Sony and Microsoft are considerably more powerful again.

Tease.

Mr Puggsly said:
Cobretti2 said:
whilst you all argue about minimal graphical differences of COD, I think I will go enjoy the nicer graphics in Killzone.

Yes, go enjoy your bad game.

Depends which one we are talking about. ;)

Killzone 1 is bad.

Killzone 2 is mediocre.

Killzone 3 is excellent.

Nice. I wonder how Wii u will run ps4/720 games. (Black ops 3?) Sub HD and 30FPS or 720p 30 FPS or Sub HD 60FPS

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

So, what exactly is subHD? Anything between 480P and 720P?

Viper1 said:
zarx said:
TheBardsSong said:

The Wii U stuff? 

Actually, the rep said "Full HD".

The problem is he could have been using the word "full" simply as an adverb to emphasize the game would be in HD.  However, the term "Full HD" is the accepted marketing and industry terminology for 1920 x 1080 resolution.    If he meant the former, it was a poor choice of words due the the conflict with the industry term.

ah my my mistake. If you watch it back he kinda seems a bit flustered at tht point like he missed his prompt or something IMO. The fact that they later confirmed it was not 1080p pretty much confirms that his usage of "full HD" was not used in relation too native resolution, and was just refering to the fact that the game was outputting in HD for the first time on a Nintendo system.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!