By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 gets a 20/100 on Meta, proves eview system is broken.

every game needs a jim sterling. Even when he doesnt do it!

If you keep going to his site he wins.

I defended the EGM guy, but this seems a bit trollololol

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
enditall727 said:
Bristow9091 said:
This has made me smile :)

Does it make you feel all warm inside?

Yeah I feel all warm and fuzzy inside, it's a great feeling!

me and you must be talking about a different feeling because the warm feeling im talking about is not a good feeling. im talking the kind of warmth you feel when you lose a bet... the kind of warmth you feel when your ps3 catches the ylod virus... or the kind of warmth you would feel if you found out that your girlfriend was cheating on you. That is not a good feeling at all =P

We are well aware that high review scores of 95% to 100% have been paid for and smell of corruption. Critical reviewers handing out low scores for high profile games are heroes. Halo 4 is just the same old recycled game with a new coat of paint. 

2 out of 10 for a high profiled game series that he probably does not like and did not even play. Hey it is Halo 4 let's give it a 2 out of 10 to become infamous and hated by millions of Halo series fans. Call of Duty series with its annual releases offering nothing more than what should be DLC with a hefty $60 price tag deserve a low review score or two. 

Though 20/100 is low, he is entitled to his own opinion, as unfair as this score is, i guess people forgot that reviewers are allowed to give what ever they want.

Plus just play the game, who cares about the reviews

Jay520 said:

Here's basically a summary of why he's upset with the game

• You don't get to shoot the big gun from the mammath at the beginning of the game
  • He says it's literally the same as past Halos.
  • Halo 4 has no firefight. It has instead a set of five short missions, all on levels you played in the campaign, called Spartan Ops. 
  • Halo 4 is missing the scoring system found the previous Halos.
  • He doesn't like the new multiplayer progression system because perks and weapons are unlockable
  • He says the new creatures lack the personality of old Halo enemies
  • He doesn't like Cortana's attitude
  • He says the story is slow

And here's his last paragraph

A shiny old dog without any new tricks. I got more out of the Halo 1 remake, which at least had the appeal of nostalgia. Playing through an updated version of the original Halo was at times tired or tedious. But it was also a reminder of the raw genius that launched the series. There is none of that in Halo 4, which is a drawn-out retread without any fresh perspective or energy, and furthermore missing a lot of what I need to pull me through a Halo game. Halo 4 demonstrates that if there’s one thing worse than more of the same, it’s less of the same.

the bolded alone shows he has no clue what he is even talking about...the first season alone has 50 missions and will take as longs as singleplayer campaign or even longer.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
riderz13371 said:

your comments and meme pictures aren't needed.

Oh sorry mister vgchartz website owner. Let me bow down to your special needs. All hail the king of vgchartz. LOL GTFO

http://www.metacritic.com/publication/quarter-to-three?filter=games&page=2

For 93 reviews, this publication has graded:

• 27% higher than the average critic
  • 6% same as the average critic
  • 67% lower than the average critic
On average, this publication grades 11.1 points lower than other critics. (0-100 point scale)
Average Game review score: 62
Highest review score:
Lowest review score:
Score distribution:
93 game reviews

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

riderz13371 said:
Oh no someone gave it a 20/100? I guess this means no one will buy this game. Get over it please.

Have you read the actual review? Hardly fair. What's worst is It's getting counted on the metacritic.

I can see low 8's and maybe even the occasional 7 but from all that I've seen/played Halo 4 is by no means worst then any other chapters of the series.

20/100 is implying the game is garbage. You misewell call Amy a masterpiece while your at it.

It's just that simple.

Why so much drama?

We need moar Zelda, now!

We need moar Unchartedzz!

We need less DLCs.

riderz13371 said:
Jay520 said:
riderz13371 said:

your comments and meme pictures aren't needed.

Oh sorry mister vgchartz website owner. Let me bow down to your special needs. All hail the king of vgchartz. LOL GTFO

Loooool uh-oh *grabs popcorn*