By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 gets a 20/100 on Meta, proves eview system is broken.

Metacritic should screen reviews and not put up every which one that has a score.

This is a troll review for the simple fact that a 2/10 is reserved for buggy and broken games. It is a complete slap in the face to 343 who dedicated so much time and resources....and this guy rates it like its Bomberman Act 0 or something.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Yay! They included my review!

brendude13 said:

link/name?

Proclus said:
brendude13 said:

link/name?

It was a joke about the 20/100 review.

brendude13 said:
Proclus said:
brendude13 said:

link/name?

I got it! *feels smart*

:D

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Proclus said:
brendude13 said:

link/name?

Well played bud, well played.

I don't often visit metacritic, but when I do, it's usually for a game that I am not sure about purchasing. I typically avoid most of the glowing reviews (i.e., 95+), as well as almost all of the user reviews, and generally follow the professional sites that try to be the most objective in their reviews (understandably, there will always be a degree of subjectivity).

I think that an important aspect of reviews is adherence to a site's rating methodology. As harsh as the 1/5 score for Halo 4 is, it ultimately adheres to that website's rating methodology, which is this:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/our-ratings-system/

5 Stars = I loved it
4 Stars = I really liked it
3 Stars = I liked it
2 Stars = I didn't like it
1 Star = I hated it

It's clear that the reviewer hated the game, and rated it according to the website's methodology (although I personally do not like their overly simplistic rating system).

With that said, I'm not against Metacritic including outliers in their scores, but I would hope that Metacritic would be selective enough to choose sites that have more well-thought out methodologies than that particular site's simple one.