By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 gets a 20/100 on Meta, proves eview system is broken.

What if the game really isn't good?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network
regin2005 said:

So Microsoft paid every other review in the media??? I don't think so.

BradleyJ said:
ethomaz said:
Here his Uncharted 3 review...

http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/9640.html

4/10

I knew I had seen his reviews before.

Huh, that's a pretty good review. Being totally honest. 4/10 too harsh? Perhaps, but reading the review it seemed pretty on par with how I felt about Uncharted 3 (and I LOVED Uncharted 2).

Given that, whose to say that this Halo 4 review isn't an honest review?

Guys they are just looking for hits, do not go to there website or else you are giving them what they want

Here's basically a summary of why he's upset with the game

• You don't get to shoot the big gun from the mammath at the beginning of the game
  • He says it's literally the same as past Halos.
  • Halo 4 has no firefight. It has instead a set of five short missions, all on levels you played in the campaign, called Spartan Ops. 
  • Halo 4 is missing the scoring system found the previous Halos.
  • He doesn't like the new multiplayer progression system because perks and weapons are unlockable
  • He says the new creatures lack the personality of old Halo enemies
  • He doesn't like Cortana's attitude
  • He says the story is slow

And here's his last paragraph

A shiny old dog without any new tricks. I got more out of the Halo 1 remake, which at least had the appeal of nostalgia. Playing through an updated version of the original Halo was at times tired or tedious. But it was also a reminder of the raw genius that launched the series. There is none of that in Halo 4, which is a drawn-out retread without any fresh perspective or energy, and furthermore missing a lot of what I need to pull me through a Halo game. Halo 4 demonstrates that if there’s one thing worse than more of the same, it’s less of the same.

Around the Network
regin2005 said:

That's blasphemy...how dare you said that...

But in all honesty 88 metacritic is really good, not many games reach that level. People are overreacting... 

Nintendo and PC gamer

I honestly don't get why people get so upset about reviews...

Some dude reviews games very low. OK, that's the way he is. Reviews are subjective, a review is someone's opinion. If you don't like it don't pay attention to it.

Then we complain because scores are too high. But movies often get 1-2/10 by some reviewers, that's why averages are lower. The movie may be well done and with high production values but if you think it's shit then you give a shit score, you don't see fans of the movie (or not nearly as many) calling the reviewer names.

It seems that reviewers can't score a game too differently from the meta average without getting the gamers' rage.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

riderz13371 said:
BradleyJ said:
ethomaz said:
Here his Uncharted 3 review...

http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/9640.html

4/10

I knew I had seen his reviews before.

Huh, that's a pretty good review. Being totally honest. 4/10 too harsh? Perhaps, but reading the review it seemed pretty on par with how I felt about Uncharted 3 (and I LOVED Uncharted 2).

Given that, whose to say that this Halo 4 review isn't an honest review?

I don't get it.

I don't get it.

You will soon

riderz13371 said:

your comments and meme pictures aren't needed.