By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - anyone else think AC: Liberation is a failure?

Haven't played it yet. Like the majority of the people in this thread, apparently. The reviews haven't put me off getting it, but I'm sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed it so much. Hopefully it'll be patched soon to at least fix some of the issues.

Around the Network

Wait, so the software is the problem or the hardware? =X

KeptoKnight said:
Wait, so the software is the problem or the hardware? =X

Considering the type of game Assassin's Creed is, I think the hardware may not be completely capable of handling what it's attempting.  However, in my opinion, it seems to pull it off very well regardless (I do not have the game, but seeing the gameplay it seems to run at an acceptable rate).

Cant wait to pick my copy up! I'm sure a patch with resolve a lot of these issues but because you are disappointed with your game doesn't make it a failure.
Every call of duty game I have played has been crap, I brought MW2 and I was disappointed. That must mean the game is a failure?

Failure?... Maybe meta-fail but nothing beyond that. Apparently its a mediocre-good game. Which ,in a vita, can be considered a universal acclaim.

Yay!!!

Around the Network

leo-j said:
To say it looks like a crisp Wii game.. truly derails your entire thread..

The game looks anything but crisp, its like a highly detailed wii game. Have you played the game on a PSVita or are you basing it of the screenshots and trailers. As I said those are very misleading

Avelines animation are far beyond any wii game as is the lighting. But the rest of the game definitely look closer looks closer to a wii game then it does to a ps3/360 game.

Here are shots taken directly from the Vita.

Obviously some areas and things look better then others. The swap areas are supposed to be really beautiful. Anyway, for me its not that big a leap from the best looking wii titles.

teigaga said:

leo-j said:
To say it looks like a crisp Wii game.. truly derails your entire thread..

The game looks anything but crisp, its like a highly detailed wii game. Have you played the game on a PSVita or are you basing it of the screenshots and trailers. As I said those are very misleading

Avelines animation are far beyond any wii game as is the lighting. But the rest of the game definitely look closer looks closer to a wii game then it does to a ps3/360 game.

Here are shots taken directly from the Vita.

Obviously some areas and things look better then others. The swap areas are supposed to be really beautiful. Anyway, for me its not that big a leap from the best looking wii titles.

The thing about screen shots (especially for handheld devices) is that they always look worse than they do when you actually have it.  There hasn't been a single exception I've seen so far (unless you show me screen shots of a GBA or lower game).

Andrespetmonkey said:
kowenicki said:
That's sounds like a badly made and rushed mess. 

Going by the metacritic score, it is not a "badly made and rushed mess", it's a good game with significant flaws. 

From my experience its definitely messy and rushed. But its core at its core the assasin's creeds gameplay still holds up, hence it has gotten decent reviews. I didn't really comment on the gameplay because I've only played 1hour, but its plays like how you would expect. Its essentially ACI, but with far less polish.

I like it. It´s good and portable. I didn´t expect a portable´s AC III.

i HAVE the game and im really enjoying it right now. graphics are pretty dam good for a handheld and the gameplay is really good. i havent noticed any glitches as yet but there is a few framerate issues. its not a failure at all. all vita owners should try it out.