By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - anyone else think AC: Liberation is a failure?

in no way am I making light of you're situation but me and you are play two different games, the load times a decent, and in some cases pretty fast, when I got game over/failed the objectives the game loaded back in about 5-7 seconds and I haven't experienced any frequent loading sequences as of yet.

as for graphics, the game looks great, I'd say it second to Uncharted: GA.(could be third as Gravity Rush looks good as well but takes a different art-style.) though I have noticed some frame rate drops but none to sever that is hampers the game. the only glitches I have seen for for is the occasional civilian that moves like a robot, othe than that nothing that hampers the game also.

though I do agree with you on the story, the game put her as a full-fledged assassin rather than giving a full back story like it's predecessors, but the game does give flashbacks, maybe there's more to her story if you play longer.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Need for speed most wanted on Vita seems absolutely amazing.. and a lot of reviews have said AC III Lib is amazing.. on vita.. and very impressive on the graphics front.. almost on par with AC on consoles..

this look nowhere close to console quality

Well that's disappointing.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

teigaga said:

-Pathetic sound design. Not only are most sound effects out of  sync, some are compltely missing which especially noticable during fights and when sorrounding by NPC's which are supposed to be speakin. The quality of the sound itself would have you believe it you were playing a psp.

You're playing it wrong.

You should be playing it on a noisy train and won't have any of the problems you've described.

Still not nearly as bad as resistance became. However I feel like both the AC have failed their hype massively. Vita won't be saved this holiday.

Around the Network

I think they should have spent more time on it then but everyone was complaining about there not being enough vita games. But now with the recent releases there are too many vita games for me to buy and I can't keep up lol Btw I have yet to play it so I cannot comment on the quality.

Galaki said:
teigaga said:

-Pathetic sound design. Not only are most sound effects out of  sync, some are compltely missing which especially noticable during fights and when sorrounding by NPC's which are supposed to be speakin. The quality of the sound itself would have you believe it you were playing a psp.

You're playing it wrong.

You should be playing it on a noisy train and won't have any of the problems you've described.

I decided to play without my headphones and the poor sound quality isn't as noticable lol

I only played it for an hour or so and I was impressed by the ambition of it all. Haven't reallly gotten to the meat of the game, yet. Still, despite its flaws, first impressions were that it is the most technically advanced portable game I'd ever seen. The NPC's, detail, and size of the environments all wowed me.

Now, why the fuck is there only one save file? My kid wants to try it but she can't because selecting "new game" automatically overwrites all data. Not cool at all, Activision. Anyway, 90% of my portable gaming time is split between Cave Story, Code of Princess, and Street Fighter x Tekken. Assassin's Creed will have to wait.

d21lewis said:
I only played it for an hour or so and I was impressed by the ambition of it all. Haven't reallly gotten to the meat of the game, yet. Still, despite its flaws, first impressions were that it is the most technically advanced portable game I'd ever seen. The NPC's, detail, and size of the environments all wowed me.

Now, why the fuck is there only one save file? My kid wants to try it but she can't because selecting "new game" automatically overwrites all data. Not cool at all, Activision. Anyway, 90% of my portable gaming time is split between Cave Story, Code of Princess, and Street Fighter x Tekken. Assassin's Creed will have to wait.

Yes that annoyed me too, I have 3 brothers who also want to play the game. Theres never a strong reason not to allow multiple saves. The game is definitely the most ambitious handheld game to date from a technical perspective. 

Reading the thread, it's kinda shocking how many of us bought the game and only played it for an hour! Maybe it's just not engrossing. Cave Story looks like it could bbe done on the Nes from 1985 but that game really sucked me in. Assassin's Creed looks better than most Wii games and we aren't playing it. Go figure.