By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - anyone else think AC: Liberation is a failure?

not a killer app then

edit-a couple of people do like it then

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

not a killer app then

Its 2012, its hard ro make an unenjoyable game lol, I enjoyed FFXIII-2 despite it being pretty bad. One thing I would say is that this game is defintely not a killer app.

teigaga said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
kowenicki said:
That's sounds like a badly made and rushed mess. 

Going by the metacritic score, it is not a "badly made and rushed mess", it's a good game with significant flaws. 

From my experience its definitely messy and rushed. But its core at its core the assasin's creeds gameplay still holds up, hence it has gotten decent reviews. I didn't really comment on the gameplay because I've only played 1hour, but its plays like how you would expect. Its essentially ACI, but with far less polish.

I own the game and like you have only played it for about an hour , my main concern is the lack of background exposition , the beginning is quite frankly crap but reviews have mentioned that this gets better towards the later part of the game , still for many that are on the fence that may well be to little to late  , another thing  I noticed is people see certain trailers and expect the game to equal them , even though a lot of these game trailers show off the games in a cinematic style  and liberation seems to me to be a style of  game that suits the cinematic style trailer and the artificial enhancement that it brings .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

teigaga said:
zuvuyeay said:

not a killer app then

Its 2012, its hard ro make an unenjoyable game lol, I enjoyed FFXIII-2 despite it being pretty bad. One thing I would say is that this game is defintely not a killer app.

haha i know,we had is AC Liberation the killer app thread a week ago

need to give games a bit more than an hour though,although i have never got into the assasins creed craze

Above & Beyond

thehusbo said:
i HAVE the game and im really enjoying it right now. graphics are pretty dam good for a handheld and the gameplay is really good. i havent noticed any glitches as yet but there is a few framerate issues. its not a failure at all. all vita owners should try it out.

I guess failure is dependant on what you expected in the 1st place and whether the game met those standards. I expected a console quality game, ubisoft pitched a console quality game; something which could be released on a ps3 and recieve the same level of praise (obviosuly not where graphics are concerned). Little Big planet is the only game which has achieved this in my eyes. Powers not even part of the equation, I'd like to see Vita games that can stand next to  last gen classics like KOTOR, Fable, Halo 2, FFXII, MGS4, GTA , SHadow of the collosus and GOW.  

Around the Network

Player1x3 said:

LOOOOL

My hidden blade is no longer hidden :/

Player1x3 said:

I saw this on 9gag a few days ago!

Clearly they went for the wrong design choice with the character! This game could chart high on COMG with boobs like that! :P (jk, I like the original design)

Damned, some oldies should remember how the PS3 got bashed so much because it had no (exclusive) with a 90 rating or more on metacritic one year after release... If this continue PSV will beat that record..