By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR from vgchartz partner Kombo.com: Factor 5 developing Kid Icarus Wii

AMIRITE??  Lawlz.

Anyway, it's possible...I'm gonna wait for an official confirmation though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
quigontcb said:
Kasz216: Turrican comes to mind. And yes, I'm sure if Nintendo allowed Factor 5 to make a new Kid Icarus game, it would literally be Rogue Squadron with my avatar slapped on top of the X-Wings.

famousringo: I had always hoped Intelligent Systems would do it, kinda seemed fitting. It won't be surprised at all if a new Kid Icarus title was handed off to a non-Nintendo developer. Star Fox and F-Zero are obviously bigger fish in the pond than Icarus is in Nintendo's book, and they handed them off. Kid Icarus has a nice cult following, but it's not one of their "big" franchises like Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon. So all things considered, I find it very plausible that someone else could dev the game.

Well i hear that's what 80% of lair was.  Rogue Squadren, but with silly controls.

Factor 5 has a pretty good reputation when it comes to Nintendo consoles! So I'm confident they will do a great job if Nintendo allows them to develop Kid Icarus. And as always when Nintendo lends out it's franchise, they will keep a close eye on development and intervene if necessary. When they lend out franchises 3rd party becomes 2nd party during the development.

Joemanji: Star Fox Assault disagrees. Assault was pretty disappointing. Not a bad game, but certainly one where I found myself just going through the motions to be done with it.

Anyhow, the 3rd parties don't become 2nd party really. They have to pretty much "ok" everything with Nintendo, really not very different than working with any publisher I would imagine(especially on a pre-existing franchise). That being said, I don't see Nintendo letting another company make one of their games and not have it work(like Lair). Star Fox Assault has taught us they will let a very average game out the door, regardless of it's former glory. If a third party does do Kid Icarus, let's hope for F-Zero GX-type results.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

this is great finally we get to see what the wii can do graphically factor 5 is an amazing developer in i cant wait to play in high quality third party wii game i bet this game will make other third party sad attempt games look like shit in comparison.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

i hope its true,and i hope ninty wont make them rush like sony did so they can actually make a good game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I'm not a big fan of Nintendo outsourcing their games. Take F-Zero, Yoshi's Island DS, the Capcom Zelda's, Metroid (ok, most of you will probably disagree about Metroid... but I like the Japanese Metroid better).

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

^i would also disagree with f-zero

ElRhodeo said:
I'm not a big fan of Nintendo outsourcing their games. Take F-Zero, Yoshi's Island DS, the Capcom Zelda's, Metroid (ok, most of you will probably disagree about Metroid... but I like the Japanese Metroid better).

Have you played F-Zero? 

Anyways isn't Factor 5 making White Knight Story for PS3 and thats RPG...so what if they made a Kid Icarus RPG. I mean it would be great to do something totally unexpected so that would probally be pretty great but they have to make sure they stay away from Pit flying on any motion contolled dragons or that could equal disaster :)

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|

^i think level 5 is making white night story