By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can the PS3 overtake the XBox 360 by January 1, 2013?

Can the PS3 overtake the XBox 360 by January 1, 2013?

Yes it can only just. 75 13.97%

It will do it easily. 52 9.68%

No it will not happen. 311 57.91%

Maybe, maybe not. 98 18.25%

Total:536

anyone know how many sony and microsoft shipped for last holidays? i forgot.

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

Sony: 6.5m
MS: 8.0m (or 8.1m)

No. Especially with The holiday bundle with forza 4 and skyrim for $250, compared to sony's slim with U3 that cost $269.99, the 360 cost less and comes with 2 games.

[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/sidious_164]

[/url]

I think this is the time of year the 360 is going to cover a lot of ground on PS3. So no, and by the rate the gap is reducing through the year I believe the PS3 may be ahead some time next fall.

kowenicki said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

You certainly did. 

why you getting excited for?

Around the Network

Im a ps3 guy and this thread is pretty ridiculous. How in the hell is ps3 going to make up a years gap in a month and half . It's not ! Especially with halo 4 and black ops 2 there is no way it is even possible so why make this pointless thread. Sony has done a great job keeping pace when it should not even be this close with xbox. Xbox 360 had a whole year and a better price point upon release. Sony has the better deal with free online and psn plus subscription you get alot more for your money with plus. Sony has it's hardcore fans and they will keep buying ps3. There is a whole base of ps2 owners who will eventually buy ps3. Microsoft's gimmick is to customize systems with game release bundles and its a winning formula people eat up. Sony has no such marketing and there formula is just free online and great games and content. People make up there own mind in the end.

It always makes me laugh. Microsoft sucks the majority of the year, but they just make it out alive in the last two months. Speaks volumes about the brand over the past four years.

jayson1 said:
Im a ps3 guy and this thread is pretty ridiculous. How in the hell is ps3 going to make up a years gap in a month and half . It's not ! Especially with halo 4 and black ops 2 there is no way it is even possible so why make this pointless thread. Sony has done a great job keeping pace when it should not even be this close with xbox. Xbox 360 had a whole year and a better price point upon release. Sony has the better deal with free online and psn plus subscription you get alot more for your money with plus. Sony has it's hardcore fans and they will keep buying ps3. There is a whole base of ps2 owners who will eventually buy ps3. Microsoft's gimmick is to customize systems with game release bundles and its a winning formula people eat up. Sony has no such marketing and there formula is just free online and great games and content. People make up there own mind in the end.

Did you see how much Microsoft sold last year during black friday and the rest of Christmas combined? Black Friday is a very rabid season in America where in a little over thirty days these companies make more than they do in sometimes even combined months.

sidious164 said:

No. Especially with The holiday bundle with forza 4 and skyrim for $250, compared to sony's slim with U3 that cost $269.99, the 360 cost less and comes with 2 games.

Might i mention 2 DAMN good games at that

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

No, definitely not. The gap will only get bigger until January, not smaller.

It will eventually overtake, but Microsoft always keeps pulling something new out of the bag, and that time when the PS3 will overtake keeps getting pushed back further and further.