By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Sony save Crash Bandicoot?

Tagged games:

darkknightkryta said:

Crash is already on Nintendo platforms, I don't think releasing it solely on Nintendo platforms will be able to bring it back to its previous relevancy.

Those games were quite bad (yes, I played them). I highly doubt an actual quality title would be received the same way. A reboot would need to be of very high quality for it to work properly and reignite interest in a series.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
darkknightkryta said:

Crash is already on Nintendo platforms, I don't think releasing it solely on Nintendo platforms will be able to bring it back to its previous relevancy.

Those games were quite bad (yes, I played them). I highly doubt an actual quality title would be received the same way. A reboot would need to be of very high quality for it to work properly and reignite interest in a series.

Yes, but I don't think it exclusively on Nintendo platform, as Ryan suggested, is what the franchise needs.  Assuming that's what Ryan meant, could completely have interpreted him wrong.

They should but god damn ACTIVISION won't give the ip back to Sony. They aren't even using him for anything!!! Poor Crash...soon he will be forgotten.

They actually should try and bring it back for fun more than anything. The IP is probably worth as much as my ass hair anymore and if they bring it back, get a decent developer to do it like Media Molecule, Insomniac or (most preferably) Naughty Dog so it gets like high 80s reviews or better then it could probably sell a couple million just based on nostalgia and hype around the first good Crash game since Warped.

It's a shame that Crash and Spyro weren't treated with a little more respect. I really think that Crash needs to be in some DLC with PSABR. Along with a complete Final Fantasy themed DLC.

Around the Network
Marks said:
They actually should try and bring it back for fun more than anything. The IP is probably worth as much as my ass hair anymore and if they bring it back, get a decent developer to do it like Media Molecule, Insomniac or (most preferably) Naughty Dog so it gets like high 80s reviews or better then it could probably sell a couple million just based on nostalgia and hype around the first good Crash game since Warped.

I don't think getting the IP will be cheap. I mean heck, Sony can't even get him to APPEAR in All stars let alone actually buy the IP from Activision. Greedy sons of bitches lol.

Universal has their own gaming publishing company now so Crash will likely never return to Naughty Dogg and SONY.

4 ≈ One

If there was a true, real Crash 4 then yes.

It would have to be VERY similar to old Crash games. It would need a good ad campaign so people knew it was a return to what made it so popular.

Give it to a capable developer. Doesnt have to be Sony. Nintendo (Retro specifically) could do a fantastic job.

One day. One day...

darkknightkryta said:

So I was looking at that top 10 selling PSX games and I noticed that Crash Bandicoot was a beast sales wise, then Universal parted ways with Sony and now Crash has become irrelevant.  Think Sony/Naughty Dog can resurrect this poor bandicoot?  Or is Crash damned to ... Activision's(?) destruction of gaming?

Back in the day, Sony wanted an answer to Mario, and Crash met that.  What Crash did back in the day was a big deal.  Now it isn't.  Sony is position Sackboy as their answer to Mario.  I would say that the ship has sailed on Crash.

Think of it this way, what about a platformer in a coridor is of interest to you?  That is the heart of Crash and it worked well back in the day.

Think this thread was made a couple gens too late

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.