By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE5 petition for wii has over 33.000 sigs and cap still not saying anything

Wii clearly can't handle RE5 graphics.

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:

Wii clearly can't handle RE5 graphics.

For once I agree with you.

BTW... you do know this isn't ingame material? 

GGE,why do you already think RE5 has no chance of ever living up to RE4?

JGarret said:

Because GGE doesn't believe it will hit Wii eventually... It's safe to claim that Wii owns the best RE ever anyway. lol

JGarret said:

Probably because the controls are way way better on the Wii than with your standard controller. I know it saddens me to think I will have to play the game without the wiimote and nunchuck combo that worked so amazingly well.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Actually, Kber, I think that because Nintendo is not assisting with the game as they did with RE4 and not only is it a different team but the director has left Capcom since then.

The game that broke the RE mold (RE4) is something everyone agrees can never be outdone now that the director is gone.

Edit: LoL @ Kber's signiture photo

Girl Gamer Elite said:

Actually, Kber, I think that because Nintendo is not assisting with the game as they did with RE4 and not only is it a different team but the director has left Capcom since then.

The game that broke the RE mold (RE4) is something everyone agrees can never be outdone now that the director is gone.

Edit: LoL @ Kber's signiture photo

really are you sure the director of RE4 has left

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Didn't capcom say if re4 wii edition does better than Reuc they may port re5 to the wii. I don't think its hard to downgrade graphics. They wouldn't have to downgrade too much other than the resolution and a little bit of the graphics. It is alot easier to downgrade than upgrade something. I am buying the game no matter what but would buy the wii version due to superior controls if it came out. Does anybody know why it was delayed.( It could because they might make a wii version.) This would be a good choice to make a re5 for the wii because alot of nintendo fans who had the GC would buy it plus more people who played re4 on wii and new people. I think it would sell the most on the wii. I signed the petition because I think the wii version would be the best.

sc94597 said:
Didn't capcom say if re4 wii edition does better than Reuc they may port re5 to the wii. I don't think its hard to downgrade graphics. They wouldn't have to downgrade too much other than the resolution and a little bit of the graphics. It is alot easier to downgrade than upgrade something. I am buying the game no matter what but would buy the wii version due to superior controls if it came out. Does anybody know why it was delayed.( It could because they might make a wii version.) This would be a good choice to make a re5 for the wii because alot of nintendo fans who had the GC would buy it plus more people who played re4 on wii and new people. I think it would sell the most on the wii. I signed the petition because I think the wii version would be the best.

Resolution wouldn't be the only thing that would need to be downgrade, textures would also have to be dumb down to accommodate the low ram the Wii has as well as dumbing down AI/physics and draw distances as well as polygon count, as you can see their are many things that would need to be downgraded.

Also it's easier to upgrade a games rather than downgrade it, you just had this mixed around, that's why all multiplatform developers make 360 games then port to PC/PS3 while at the same time another developer is making the Wii/PS2/PSP version of the same game.

Just thought I'd point this out to you. 

Can someone provide me a good, big Resident Evil 5 gameplay screenshot? I want to do some photoshopping to it for an hypothetical Wii version example :)