By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE5 petition for wii has over 33.000 sigs and cap still not saying anything

fazz said:
Can someone provide me a good, big Resident Evil 5 gameplay screenshot? I want to do some photoshopping to it for an hypothetical Wii version example :)

AFAIK their aren’t any gameplay pics out yet.

As for you trying to Photoshop an RE5 pic, just how on earth will you downgrade the textures to try give you an accurate representation of how it could look on the Wii?

Just shrinking the pic from 1280x720 to 720x480 would not give you a realistic result.

Around the Network
Troll_Monster said:
sc94597 said:
Didn't capcom say if re4 wii edition does better than Reuc they may port re5 to the wii. I don't think its hard to downgrade graphics. They wouldn't have to downgrade too much other than the resolution and a little bit of the graphics. It is alot easier to downgrade than upgrade something. I am buying the game no matter what but would buy the wii version due to superior controls if it came out. Does anybody know why it was delayed.( It could because they might make a wii version.) This would be a good choice to make a re5 for the wii because alot of nintendo fans who had the GC would buy it plus more people who played re4 on wii and new people. I think it would sell the most on the wii. I signed the petition because I think the wii version would be the best.

Resolution wouldn't be the only thing that would need to be downgrade, textures would also have to be dumb down to accommodate the low ram the Wii has as well as dumbing down AI/physics and draw distances as well as polygon count, as you can see their are many things that would need to be downgraded.

Also it's easier to upgrade a games rather than downgrade it, you just had this mixed around, that's why all multiplatform developers make 360 games then port to PC/PS3 while at the same time another developer is making the Wii/PS2/PSP version of the same game.

Just thought I'd point this out to you.

Actually when i said graphics I meant textures and draw distance. It is only harder to downgrade if you are using a different engine. The wii could run stuff on the downgraded engine they have. I forgot to mention AI. Physics doesn't seem too much of a problem seeing as the wii has a seperate chip that runs between the gpu and cpu for physics and if this isnt enough they could use some of the cpu for physics  too. The AI I guess they would have to build a new engine for but that would probaly be the hardest thing and If they are working on a wii version It wouldn't take more than a year to remake the AI. The reason why they use the 360 to make games first is because the ps3 is so much harder to develop for and you don't see too much of a difference on pc  when they upgrade the 360 version. 

Troll_Monster said:
fazz said:
Can someone provide me a good, big Resident Evil 5 gameplay screenshot? I want to do some photoshopping to it for an hypothetical Wii version example :)

As for you trying to Photoshop an RE5 pic, just how on earth will you downgrade the textures to try give you an accurate representation of how it could look on the Wii?

Just shrinking the pic from 1280x720 to 720x480 would not give you a realistic result.

Ever heard of the blur-tool?

Anyway... have any screenshot then? By the way... since when zombies needed high degrees of AI? 

Here's a screenshot of the game:

http://i15.tinypic.com/5xj795s.jpg

sc94597 said:
Troll_Monster said:
sc94597 said:
Didn't capcom say if re4 wii edition does better than Reuc they may port re5 to the wii. I don't think its hard to downgrade graphics. They wouldn't have to downgrade too much other than the resolution and a little bit of the graphics. It is alot easier to downgrade than upgrade something. I am buying the game no matter what but would buy the wii version due to superior controls if it came out. Does anybody know why it was delayed.( It could because they might make a wii version.) This would be a good choice to make a re5 for the wii because alot of nintendo fans who had the GC would buy it plus more people who played re4 on wii and new people. I think it would sell the most on the wii. I signed the petition because I think the wii version would be the best.

Resolution wouldn't be the only thing that would need to be downgrade, textures would also have to be dumb down to accommodate the low ram the Wii has as well as dumbing down AI/physics and draw distances as well as polygon count, as you can see their are many things that would need to be downgraded.

Also it's easier to upgrade a games rather than downgrade it, you just had this mixed around, that's why all multiplatform developers make 360 games then port to PC/PS3 while at the same time another developer is making the Wii/PS2/PSP version of the same game.

Just thought I'd point this out to you.

Actually when i said graphics I meant textures and draw distance. It is only harder to downgrade if you are using a different engine. The wii could run stuff on the downgraded engine they have. I forgot to mention AI. Physics doesn't seem too much of a problem seeing as the wii has a seperate chip that runs between the gpu and cpu for physics and if this isnt enough they could use some of the cpu for physics too. The AI I guess they would have to build a new engine for but that would probaly be the hardest thing and If they are working on a wii version It wouldn't take more than a year to remake the AI. The reason why they use the 360 to make games first is because the ps3 is so much harder to develop for and you don't see too much of a difference on pc when they upgrade the 360 version.

AFAIK Capcom use's their Frame Work engine for most games, which is a mainly a PC engine but it's the same one that Lost Planet used, it's also the same one they used for DMC4, as I'd assume they would use the same engine for RE5.

As for what you say about the wii, they may as well just build the engine from the fround up for the wii, that would in the end yeild better results and it'll be much easier than try to optimise an engine designed for high specs for a low spec machine.

Around the Network

By the pic you shown Chrizum I think it wouldn't be too much too downgrade the graphics most of it would be textures and etc. The wii might handle it at about 40-50 fps if you downgrade it about 1.5 times and maybe 60fps if you downgrade it about 2 times. But this is all speculation so I wouldn't know for sure.

fazz said:
Troll_Monster said:
fazz said:

Ever heard of the blur-tool?

Anyway... have any screenshot then? By the way... since when zombies needed high degrees of AI?

All the screen shots I've seen have just been high res reders or just shots from the trialer.

Also who's to say you'll just fight zombies, or for that matter that the zombies are brain dead, I mean giving them more AI means they'll react more realistically rather than just through animation loops.

Yes, because we all know that Capcom will port the game to the Wii by basically having to redo an HD game which will take months and money because 33,000 people want it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I will try and say this delicately

A game that will pride itself so largely upon graphical strengths, and involve large crowds of zombies throwing tomahawks in HD currently will only work on the PS3 and XBOX360.

Now you could argue that the wii (with the largest userbase) deserves its own version - but IMO you would be wrong.

this entire thread title sounds ignorant to me. Of course Capcom isn't saying anything. The company probably remains somewhat idealistic and artistic in the way they create games and story lines. and they do not want to sacrifice the game to put it on the wii

What is the best way to present a game in all of its glory in every possible aspect (other than motion controls)? Through the PS3 and 360.

I am not even sure a wii version would make the most money since alot of the wii fanbase are very casual and might only buy 1 or 2 games a year. I know most of you on this site would buy it, but you are not the main wii demographic.

If you are fighting for this game to be on the wii- you are fighting for a lost cause.

Maybe resident evil 5 wii chronicals will come out. and dissapoint once again.

Keep in mind Residen evil 5 is not resident evil 4, this is a new gaming generation not comparable to the PS2 or gamecube.

Resident evil 5 will not come to the wii, and capcom knows exactly what they are doing by saying nothing to this silly petition.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Thanks to valuable member Chizum who provided a good screenshot of the game. By analyzing the screenshot closely, the game is not that good looking. Just reduce textures, reduce the ridiculous amount of HDR (or bloom... if it's bloom then you can leave it), reduce resolution and set framerate to 30 frames per second and your set.

The best looking thing on that game is the character's hair. And for the record, if we haven't seen actual gameplay footage, we can't say that the AI/physics will be too complex for Wii.