By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE5 petition for wii has over 33.000 sigs and cap still not saying anything

fazz said:

Thanks to valuable member Chizum who provided a good screenshot of the game. By analyzing the screenshot closely, the game is not that good looking. Just reduce textures, reduce the ridiculous amount of HDR (or bloom... if it's bloom then you can leave it), reduce resolution and set framerate to 30 frames per second and your set.

The best looking thing on that game is the character's hair. And for the record, if we haven't seen actual gameplay footage, we can't say that the AI/physics will be too complex for Wii.

Wow that doesn't even look bad. It just looks like you took out the shadows that there were. It looks very similar to the hd version. Imo this game relies to much on the Hd to look good. If you take that a way it looks like any old wii game. 

Around the Network

Oh and fazz could you direct me to the program you used. I want to try that on some other games. Like CoD 4,Oblivion,etc.

@sc94597: I use Photoshop Creative Suite 3 for all my photoshopping needs.

And from request by my good friend RolStoppable, I modified this screenshot too. Strangely, this screenshot looked like it was already photoshopped.

Just for the record, I don't care if RE5 comes to Wii or not. I don't like RE games, what I want is Silent Hill V. I just want to point out that porting the game is not impossible. Won't look as sharp, won't look as fast, won't look as bright, but not impossible. I'm sure that, when RE5 fails to break in on the 360/PS3, Capcom will release the Wii version right away, just how they did with the PS2 one.

fazz said:

@sc94597: I use Photoshop Creative Suite 3 for all my photoshopping needs.

And from request by my good friend RolStoppable, I modified this screenshot too. Strangely, this screenshot looked like it was already photoshopped.

Just for the record, I don't care if RE5 comes to Wii or not. I don't like RE games, what I want is Silent Hill V. I just want to point out that porting the game is not impossible. Won't look as sharp, won't look as fast, won't look as bright, but not impossible. I'm sure that, when RE5 fails to break in on the 360/PS3, Capcom will release the Wii version right away, just how they did with the PS2 one.

They actually didn't even wait for the GCN version to be released...

What I'm curious abou iswhy there are still people that are so fiercely against this coming to the Wii. Everytime this subject is brought up it's always the same faction of 4-5 people moaning, arguing, bitching and screaming about it like just the thought of RE5Wii offends them.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

RolStoppable said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

They actually didn't even wait for the GCN version to be released...

What I'm curious abou iswhy there are still people that are so fiercely against this coming to the Wii. Everytime this subject is brought up it's always the same faction of 4-5 people moaning, arguing, bitching and screaming about it like just the thought of RE5Wii offends them.

They are running out of arguments against the 3rd party situation on the Wii. That the main series stay on the HD consoles is one of the last big arguments they still have left. It went from poor 3rd party support to little 3rd party support with ports and minigames to 3rd party support with low budget exclusives and spinoffs. Besides that, we always see the occasional "3rd party game X bombed on the Wii" thread.

Fatal Frame and Monster Hunter aren't that big, but Resident Evil for sure is. If RE5 is coming to the Wii, other main series games are very likely to follow. When the main series are going to the Wii, there's little or no reason anymore for most people to pick up a 360 or PS3 down the road. This will hurt the HD consoles in the long term and that's what the moaning people are afraid of.

Oh another excuse they have is that nobody would buy it because the wii is all causual. Them and their excuses. RE5 will eventually come to the wii. Either when it is released for the other consoles or soon after when capcom sees its not doing as well on ps3/360 as it could on the wii.  Ty fazz for letting me know what program you use. 

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Yes, because we all know that Capcom will port the game to the Wii by basically having to redo an HD game which will take months and money because 33,000 people want it.

actually the sales of RE4 and RE:UC shows how many people want the game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

@ GGE

Your video is not ingame, it is cutscene. So when you say that the Wii can handle that, you're saying that the Wii can handle the cutscenes right?

RolStoppable said:
brute said:
dtewi said:
Yes, because we all know that Capcom will port the game to the Wii by basically having to redo an HD game which will take months and money because 33,000 people want it.

Don't bother replying to dtewi, our spam god is a little weird. He also thinks that my new avatar sucks.

It doesn't suck, it's just sad.

RolStoppable said:
brute said:
dtewi said:

Don't bother replying to dtewi, our spam god is a little weird. He also thinks that my new avatar sucks.

oh really,i dont think your avatar sucks though

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

DMeisterJ said:
@ GGE

Your video is not ingame, it is cutscene. So when you say that the Wii can handle that, you're saying that the Wii can handle the cutscenes right?

So was lair,heavenly sword,final fantasy XIII,Versus XIII and Resident Evil 5.All the trailers they have sown was CGA. We haven;t seen any real footage from the game so your arguement doesn't make any sense. I will present you with an image from a launch game title which was also very rushed on its developing time. Guess which game is it...I think the wii can hadle pretty well some game engines and graphical eye candy.....