By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quality =/= sales

morenoingrato said:
So this thread was created with the purpose of trolling Gran Turismo?

Who is the incompetent moderator that unlocked this?

If you had bothered reading the OP you would realise the purpose of this thread. Please don't spam my thread. Thanks.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Who was there (or popular) first has a lot to do with sales too.

The iPod was the first very successful mp3 player. It's popularity is part of the reason, I went for a iPod Mini as my first mp3 player. I got used to iTunes, to the click wheel, bought a car adapter and the product satisfied my music listening needs.

Since then plenty of mp3 players have been released and I have no doubt some of them are of superior quality to the iPod but each new mp3 player I bought over the years have been iPods because that's what I know, I feel comfortable with the interface and I'm still satisfied with what they offer me.

The same logic applies to those (mindnumbingly boring) racing sims. Gran Turismo was there long before Forza, people know it, people are satisfied with the experience and that's why the game performs better.

This is another possible explanation. However, MP3 players were on the market before the iPod released (like GT was on the market before Forza) and when the iPod was released it was a higher quality product (like Forza) except it actually sold more than MP3 players (unlike Forza and GT).

I did read your OP, that pathetic disclaimer is worthless to prove this is an innocent discussion.

Forza reviews do not prove Forza is a higher quality franchise. GT had a lot of things going on against it, like delays and massive hype surrounding its release. Not to mention GT has been widely supported after launch with patches and updates.

Best game ever made?
98/100 on Metacritic

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
Best game ever made?
98/100 on Metacritic

It is a quality game. Especially, for screwing around online with friends years after it's release.

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
F0X said:
Best game ever made?
98/100 on Metacritic

It is a quality game. Especially, for screwing around online with friends years after it's release.

Or screwing prostitutes

Carl2291 said:
Forza is the definitive racing game. Its quite surprising that such a definitive experience cant beat the lesser rival.

Also, GT5:P is a Million higher than that with known PSN sales.

Yep. The definitive racing game got destroyed by a glorified Demo. Upsetting. Hopefully Microsoft will force it on people again this Year with yet another 2 Million bundles. Forza 4 seems to have dropped substantially, sales-wise.

Sure if you know NOTHING about Cars or racing at all.

GT5 is the best driving simulator available on consoles.
Don't even try to say anything about GT5 before you didn't play with the right setup including a high quality wheel,gear stick and pedals.
GT5 is far more realistic in term of driving physics and tests have proven the 2.0 Version of GT5 is "destroying" Forza4.
Oh and there was one thing most reviewers didn't know about Gran Turismo 5 > You have to get pretty high in the driver level to unlock everything like Damage on the cars and all that stuff.
Reviewers obviously said there isn't anything like that,gave the game a low rating till Yamauchi tweeted those noobs didn't play far enough to unlock the stuff.
Of course people,especially GT haters only heard about the bad reviews and scores that were given by someone who didn't even play the game.
Sorry that Gran Turismo 5 has content for 238972984728976543 hours and doesn't give you everything after 2 hours with 1000 Gamerscore like Avatar or so.

And of course
Gran Turismo is on the Playstation.Playstation is far stronger in the most important markets for Racing Games especially simulators > Europe and Asia.
The USA and especially the 360 crowd doesn't care that much about Racing Simulators as much as the Sony crowd does.
Forza would sell the same or close numbers as Gran Turismo if it would be available on the PS3 as would for example something like Killzone sell a few millions more on the 360.
This is a fact - And Microsoft will never control Europe,especially not Middle Europe(Germany for example) where AC3 PS3 Version has more PreOrders than Halo 4.Such things are unthinkable in the USA.

Andrespetmonkey said:
chocoloco said:
F0X said:
Best game ever made?
98/100 on Metacritic

Or screwing prostitutes

And for fighting the poolice.

mario kart wii
meta:82
sales:32.50m
pigman is right
gamers this gen really do have bad taste

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

bananaking21 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
bananaking21 said:
i agree with you, quality doesnt mean sales. uncharted is better than halo but halo still sells better.
a comparison between the uncharted games to highest rated halo games this gen from gamerankings.com

uncharted 2 96.46% > halo 3 93.60%
uncharted 3 91.76% > halo reach 91.71%
uncharted 1 89.70% > halo 4 89.27%

Halo is clearly better:

Uncharted GA 80.62 < Halo 2 94.57

how is halo clearly better because of one game? plus i compared games from this gen

Halo is not 'better' than uncharted or vice versa. Stop comparing both games. 

The OT is different because Forza and GT are racing sims. 

Yay!!!