By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Network Split up - A summary

i find it strange that in the days of "all in one place" the vgchartz network is splitting making harder for us users to find the info we need/want.
creating gamewise was a nice idea but the "wiki" type/community driven makes us feel that the site is hollow for the this initial time... there is so many crucial and old info missing, feels like a lot of work to fill the past when is hard enough to keep up with all going on in the industry right now.
i might sound like a "old time" but that is my opinion. cheers.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Well they pounded into us that they wanted us to fill this database. Then stripped it all away. I feel like any work I did here on the database was for nothing. Especially since a bunch of the information just dissappeard ( I can never spell that right) into thin internet air. Can you still go into the screenshots or cheats and read who post it? No. All the countless hours inputing stuff just to have some weblord admin press a button and erase it then build a new site from scratch. Who could trust someone like that? No wonder oliist left. He put in years here and all his work was shoved into a compost bin to rott away. At least on gamefaqs all of his work will be appreciated. Unless they also decide to build a brand new site and dump all the information all of a sudden because a few do not like things.

The same will happen to Gamewise when they realise no one's viewing it. If people want information or credits on games, Wikipedia/Gamefaqs/a Google search will give you the information faster.

Relying on the community's effort to generate YOU money is poor strategy. The only way to make money is to do something better than other sites, and VGC's sales data is its strongest asset there.

Soleron said:
spurgeonryan said:
Well they pounded into us that they wanted us to fill this database. Then stripped it all away. I feel like any work I did here on the database was for nothing. Especially since a bunch of the information just dissappeard ( I can never spell that right) into thin internet air. Can you still go into the screenshots or cheats and read who post it? No. All the countless hours inputing stuff just to have some weblord admin press a button and erase it then build a new site from scratch. Who could trust someone like that? No wonder oliist left. He put in years here and all his work was shoved into a compost bin to rott away. At least on gamefaqs all of his work will be appreciated. Unless they also decide to build a brand new site and dump all the information all of a sudden because a few do not like things.

The same will happen to Gamewise when they realise no one's viewing it. If people want information or credits on games, Wikipedia/Gamefaqs/a Google search will give you the information faster.

Relying on the community's effort to generate YOU money is poor strategy. The only way to make money is to do something better than other sites, and VGC's sales data is its strongest asset there.

I wonder how Gamewise got more Facebook likes than VGChartz.

Apparently Gamewise is going to soon overtake VGC in terms of views, as well

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It does surprise me that something so obviously is going to annoy your users and is likely to fail is a priority. But no.. I shall not be using my game wise account as why would I want to?

Around the Network

I don't like the Disqus and Facebook things, or separate accounts no matter what social media service you are using.

From the little I've seen, I also am suspicious towards the forum/discussion format of Gamewise. It doesn't look appealing. I have only seen it from the surface though, I don't know how it actually looks when you are logged in.

I don't want to be negative and contribute to any failures, but I have a feeling we will see another overhaul within a year or less, and that lots of stuff will be merged together again as they were in past.

Btw, I don't seem to be able to access the page where you can add new games to your collection (here on vgchartz). My existing games are still there with their rates and all, but is it correct that the feature to add new games to your collection was removed when Gamewise launched?

spurgeonryan said:
I would not doubt it. People used to come here for the database. Cheat codes, looking at games, etc when you look at games here now it looks like trash. Everything is more of a hassle now. Before if you googled angry birds cheats vgchartz would pop up in top five searches.

This was just supposed to be a sales site. What good are sales when there are non and the actual sales never get updated? I would say names of who wanted all of this but would probably get banned and most of them have jumped ship when they realized it was a horrible idea. Keep ruining the site Admins. I will be there to say I told you so. I think this is derailing, so this will be my last post here.

Congratz on making the other two sites a big success at our expense ioi.

Do you know for a fact that Gamewise and Gamrconnect are successful or are you just assuming it out of bitterness?

From my impressions they don't seem very popular. The number of pageviews and comments on Gamrconnect reviews and articles seem much smaller than they were in the VGC days, and when I click on the "discussion" link at Gamewise it seems like only a dozen or so posts are made on that site daily.

Good to know but I will stay on Vgchartz for it's community and sales info and use other sites for gaming use like before.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

But the big question is: Does ioi still love us?

you know.. it's been hard down here in gamrconnect.. at first we were the proud forum of Vgchartz.. then he had some new babies, tossed us away in gamrConnect and he didn't look back... it feels he doesn't care about us.. I know we are older and should stand on our own feed but some love would be nice..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I pretty much stopped being a user because of these nonsensical decisions. The website was 100% fine and well as it was. Then they had to go and change things for some reason. Stopped caring then.