By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can All Stars sell MILLIONS of copies?

Tagged games:

Andrespetmonkey said:
JWeinCom said:

Which is the one exception, not to mention it isn't represented in the game.  Maybe if they add one of the cars as a character...

Generic race car driver

If he's in, I change my estimate to 80 gagillion copies.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

JWeinCom said:
It may hit two million, but that's on the higher end of my expectations. I'm predicting somewhere between 1 and 1.5 million. Here's why.

1. Sony's games typically don't sell that well. Uncharted games and GOW games sell in the 5mil range, but that's the biggest. LBP is a 3 millionish franchise, Ratchet and Clank is about 1-2 million, Killzone about 2 million, and so on.

Gran Turismo!

Which is the one exception, not to mention it isn't represented in the game.  Maybe if they add one of the cars as a character...

If Sega could do it I'm sure Sony could also.

Former something....

They should make a Gran Turismo fighting game. Million dollar idea.

Blacksaber said:
JWeinCom said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

JWeinCom said:
It may hit two million, but that's on the higher end of my expectations. I'm predicting somewhere between 1 and 1.5 million. Here's why.

1. Sony's games typically don't sell that well. Uncharted games and GOW games sell in the 5mil range, but that's the biggest. LBP is a 3 millionish franchise, Ratchet and Clank is about 1-2 million, Killzone about 2 million, and so on.

Gran Turismo!

If Sega could do it I'm sure Sony could also.

I literally burst out laughing at work. So awesome

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Honestly im think 1.2 -1.8 lifetime.
If at least 4 more characters are announced as unlocks/hidden then 1.6 - 2.2
If cloud or sephiroth is one of them i think about it has a good chance of 2m and upward.

Around the Network

I believe it would have sold a lot better as a new IP for PS4 launch. Not that sales will be poor on PS3. Anyway, maybe 2.5 or 3M LTD

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

5+ million copies by the release of the PS4. My avatar and sig make me want to say 8 million but I'm being realistic.

1. Vita and PS3. Yeah every person that buys the PS3 version gets the Vita version but there will still be a lot of Vita sales (maybe only 100,000 but for Vita that's good). These sales count towards the total game sales. In addition I'm expecting many of these buyers to cave in and down the road buy the PS3 version as well. This adds 110,000 or so to total sales.

Current total=.11 million

2. Vita game itself will act as a walking advertisement. Unlike a game being played in the basement, PSASBR will be seen in public being played by people. This will result in at best a conversation saying how amazing it is but at minimum it tells people the game exists. From this I'd expect 50,000 sales.

Current total=.16 million

3. Everybody loves the characters but some are die hard fans. I bought my Vita and paid extra to get it before launch just because it had Uncharted. Even if I didn't like PSASBR I'd buy it just because it has Nathan Drake. I'm sure that one gamer who loves God of War to death will buy this game just because of the over powered Kratos. From these die hard fans I expect 40 thousand sales considering 19 franchises are represented with characters.

Current total=.2 million

4. It's a clone of Super Smash Bros. Those of us who have played it know better but many others don't. One good thing about this is many die hard Smash fans will buy this game just to analyze how much of a clone it is. That adds 5,000 sales. Others will buy it because they liked Smash and want another game like it. Those people add 95 thousand. Most importantly though people love controversy. On this forum and many others there are whole threads filled with arguing one or the other. This gives lots of attention to the game adding around 500,000 sales from people that only learned about it from internet wars.

Current total=.8 million

5. The ads actually are being seen. The "All-Star" is well on its way to over 6 million views and a second live action trailer is being released in a couple weeks. Sony's PlayStation account is nothing but PSASBR and ads are being played before YouTube videos. Factor in that LBP Karting is the only other game for them and we can expect an above average ad campaign. This adds 700 thousand sales.

Current total 1.5 million

6. The beta is out. Almost every reaction is "man this game is amazing!" Of course a few people don't like it but most of them are complaining about beta issues which don't exist in the final build. Since playing the beta myself I have gone from "I'm getting this game because I like Sony games" to "I'm getting this game because it is funstastic and I'm obsessed." (if you actually read this, use "funtastic" somewhere in your reply to this thread. I wonder who just responds without reading posts) This equates to a lot more day one buyers and much better hype going into release. In addition it starts the train of thought that this game will get great reviews. This beta adds 300 thousand sales.

Current total=1.8 million

7. DLC will help with sales a lot! Down the road characters, stages, and everything else will be added. All of a sudden more and more people will want this game. In addition it adds to the game's legs and media coverage. When Crash finally gets put in everyone will be reminded of this game. DLC adds a whopping 1.3 million sales.

Current total=3.1 million

8. This is a balanced fighter. SuperBot coded in a super advanced system for nerfing players. In real time they receive stats of every online match and can judge how well players are doing. This system allows them to change the numbers however they want without even releasing a patch. Unlike Super Smash Bros. and other fighters this game will not have tiers. As a result hardcore fighters will be interested. Factor in the complex combo system and tournaments and that adds 1.7 million sales.

Current total=4.8 million

9. It is a fun fun fun party game. Now that every other sale is already accounted for we only have those that buy it because they enjoyed playing it from a demo or at a friends house. This game really is super duper reindeer pooper fun so the sales will reflect that. Word of mouth and playing with friends add 1.6 million.

Final total=6.4 million

Of course this is lifetime sales. Scale that back to before the PS4 releases and we have 5+ million sales. Sure my numbers are complete bull but my reasons aren't. This game will sell more than most of you are expecting, I can at least guarantee that.

The thing is, I believe that 2.5m copies or so would be just fine for a new IP. It would establish the brand and allow them, hopefully, to bundle the next version with the PS4. It's going to be a title with legs, I think, with the approach of creating market awareness, which means getting it to "Greatest Hits" status as a budget title. That's the best thing they could do, use this release to make it a viable franchise for the future. Even bundling it with the PS3 down the line would be a smart move.

I don't think they're going to look at this as a once-off title, so they're going to do everything they can to get copies in the hands of gamers.

By millions I meant like 2-3 xP as opposed to the 0.17 of Starhawk or 0.5 of Twisted ^^

But it could bomb hard :| I dont know. The michael ad had like 10 million views :0. Do note that the 5.5 M on the video is like within just 4 days since its release!

JWeinCom said:
They should make a Gran Turismo fighting game. Million dollar idea.

Gran Turismo Car Stars Battle Royale - The Real Car Fighting Simulator

HAHAHAHA