By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can All Stars sell MILLIONS of copies?

Tagged games:

I don't know, so far the game have gotten a lot of mixed reactions, some people love it some people hate it. So ultimately the reviews will decided if the game sells a lot or not. My guess will be 2 or 2.5 million, but so far I don't see the game selling more than that.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

It's possible, but I'm not expecting it to be a big hit.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

PDF said:
I think it will be the top selling Sony mascot brawler ever.

Bold statement.

I just hope it sells a million...Just so Sony is convinced to make a sequel later on (PS4?).

It's the perfect game for a PS3 bundle. It'll do fine, even if it doesn't do it on its own.

Around the Network

It could, most likely 5m max with bundles.

It may hit two million, but that's on the higher end of my expectations. I'm predicting somewhere between 1 and 1.5 million. Here's why.

1. Sony's games typically don't sell that well. Uncharted games and GOW games sell in the 5mil range, but that's the biggest. LBP is a 3 millionish franchise, Ratchet and Clank is about 1-2 million, Killzone about 2 million, and so on.

2. Sony's fanbase isn't quite right for this game. Are God of War fans and Uncharted fans going to flock to PSAllstars? I don't think so.

3. Third party roster is relatively weak. Dante is the strongest of the bunch in drawing interest, but I don't see Emo Dante, Big Daddy, or Heihachi helping Sony reach big numbers of fans.

4. Impressions have been mixed. Based on impressions and my playtime I'd predict reviews between 7.5 and 8.5. I don't think it will be a bad game, but I don't think it will be the kind of game that sells based on really strong word of mouth. It's not going to be GOTY material or anything like that.

5. Timing. The game is releasing very closely to Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, the Wii U, and every other holiday big release. It has the advantage of being Sony's only really big exclusive, but this game could easily be lost in the shuffle.

So I think 2 million would be overly optimistic. I would guess something closer to 1.5.

JWeinCom said:
It may hit two million, but that's on the higher end of my expectations. I'm predicting somewhere between 1 and 1.5 million. Here's why.

1. Sony's games typically don't sell that well. Uncharted games and GOW games sell in the 5mil range, but that's the biggest. LBP is a 3 millionish franchise, Ratchet and Clank is about 1-2 million, Killzone about 2 million, and so on.

Gran Turismo!

Andrespetmonkey said:

JWeinCom said:

Gran Turismo!

Which is the one exception, not to mention it isn't represented in the game.  Maybe if they add one of the cars as a character...

JWeinCom said:

Which is the one exception, not to mention it isn't represented in the game.  Maybe if they add one of the cars as a character...

Generic race car driver