By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US Senate candidate: Pregnancy from rape can be ‘something that God intended to happen’

klystron said:
Mr Khan said:
klystron said:
Mr Khan said:
Any woman who votes Republican at this point has seriously skewed priorities.

Khan, many women are mothers who don't like the murder of little babies. Having sex with whoever or whatever you want consequences be darned is not a priority for most.

See, you too are promoting rape culture here, by misrepresenting the question as being about loose women.

I repeat myself. Women who vote Republican have seriously skewed priorities.

I think what you mean is from your point of view they have skewed priorities. Like a debt-free nation for their children. Or a military that can keep them safe (whether they serve or not.) Or what about a culture that promotes life? Oh, in your mind that's a skewed priority, amirite? I bet you think that all women need big government to protect them. God forbid anyone should want to protect themselves.

I'm not promoting rape culture at all. I simply am not, unlike you, making emotional appeals to further my political agenda.

What culture that promotes life? The one that forces babies into a world that isn't ready for them, and then after they're here say "fuck you, pay your own way?"

The conservative agenda is an agenda that diminishes human dignity.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
klystron said:

I envision Khan as one of those guys who attends feminist rallies trying to get laid. That idea is what lead to the modern day white knight.

I picture him more as someone who relentlessly F5s the Democratic Underground to get his next talking point.

badgenome said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Religion should always be completely separated from politics for that reason; We can't be certain about anything and everyone have different views.

Which is why I agree that this guy should not be a politician in the first place.

Short of barring religious people from public life, I don't see how you can really do that. The political views of the religious will always be influenced by their religious beliefs, whether it's in terms of abortions or welfare policy or whatever.

I don't mind politicians expressing their views that are based on religion. But if they say things like: "God is messing with our economy because of us letting gays getting married", then you know things have gone too far.

The guy in the article went too far, in my opinion.

badgenome said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Religion should always be completely separated from politics for that reason; We can't be certain about anything and everyone have different views.

Which is why I agree that this guy should not be a politician in the first place.

Short of barring religious people from public life, I don't see how you can really do that. The political views of the religious will always be influenced by their religious beliefs, whether it's in terms of abortions or welfare policy or whatever.

On the matter of religious authority figures, they could do their work better by simply preaching their message and letting their followers make of it what they will. It's when the various religions have tried to wed their doctrines into immediate political scenarios that we've run into trouble, because whether or not the religious figure honestly believes their faith is one thing, but the politician is out to advance a material agenda, which is necessarily contradictory to spirituality.

Mr Khan said:

What culture that promotes life? The one that forces babies into a world that isn't ready for them, and then after they're here say "fuck you, pay your own way?"

The conservative agenda of being far more generous than liberals with their charitable donations, you mean?

Not wanting good works to be done at gunpoint isn't the same thing as not wanting them to be done at all, and it sure as shit isn't, "Fuck you, pay your own way."

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

He doesn't give a damn about God. He's just trying to promote an anti-feminist agenda.

Yes, you see, all of this "Christianity" business is really just an excuse to stop women from getting rights.

Not one person who opposes rape does so because of a belief that women should be oppressed, and I say this as someone who is vehemently pro-choice. Quite simply, they believe that an embryo is a living thing and should not be murdered.

I don't think that's a valid belief. You don't think that's a valid belief. But if you want them to stop saying that you want higher taxes on the rich because you hate rich people, stop saying they want to ban abortion because they hate women.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

klystron said:
I do think that God works in mysterious ways. I don't think that saying rape is God's will is a good choice of words. However, life is God's will and that is always a good thing.

For the record my wife's great grandmother was raped, and my wife's grandmother was a great influence on her life. Just saying. (Not to mention I have a wife because of it.)

you mean strictly human life here right?  after all humans reduced the amount of mammals and fish drastically (I guess they had it comming)

Maybe they are on to something.

Abortion, in this case, can also be considered a gift from, "God" right?

Everything ever in life can be considered a gift from, "God" according to this person, right?

Interesting read.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

The conservative agenda of being far more generous than liberals with their charitable donations, you mean?

Not wanting good works to be done at gunpoint isn't the same thing as not wanting them to be done at all, and it sure as shit isn't, "Fuck you, pay your own way."

I suppose i can't blame you for trying to derail the argument in a "taxes are theft" direction, since it will effectively break this thread off in a different direction and distract from the main point. But if we have all these charities, where are they? Without letting the whole thing fall off the cliff into anecdotal evidence, if they're so much better than the government at doing these things, why aren't they doing them?

Like the "free market," charity doesn't meet all of the needs it should, for various reasons that don't have to do with malevolence and have more to do with natural oversight (that and charity works better on a grass-roots scale, and can't do as good a job with the big matters of mass organization)

And let's try not to make things personal, huh?

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Maybe they are on to something.

Abortion, in this case, can also be considered a gift from, "God" right?

Everything ever in life can be considered a gift from, "God" according to this person, right?

Interesting read

exactly, everything a human does is actually god's will and should be considered a gift (good thing "gift" in german means "poison")