By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US Senate candidate: Pregnancy from rape can be ‘something that God intended to happen’

Lafiel said:
and 9/11 was a punishment from god, it was ment to happen /sarcasm

has much as i hate your statement it is a pretty approriate extension of the above stated logic.

...this is just a terrible things to state.  if there is a god out there that fullfills his plan via rape ... well let's just say i'd wouldn't want a president or any other governement official that uses rape or murder to get to their ends.  why would i want worship a god that is that evil and sinful?

Around the Network

Some people are very quick to paint this man as someone that sympathizes with rapists. I do think this candidate definitely phrased his statement in a bad way.

From how it appears this man holds to the Evangelical Christian belief. In the christian belief God's will plays out in humanity as time goes on. This happens both on a large scale and small. In Christian belief God is sovereign and nothing happens that He does not know about or that He won't know about to take place in the future. In the Christian belief God has given mankind the ability to choose. Mankind is not controlled but has the freedom of choice. This was demonstrated when the first man and woman chose to disobey God and ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Therefore their minds were opened to rebellion against God and the knowledge to disobey His Will for mankind.

In the case of a rapist choosing to rape a woman that is the rapists choice originating from the first sin that gave mankind the knowledge of good morality and bad morality. It is Not the will of God for this man to rape the woman. This is where some gray areas happen in Calvinistic predestination and the complete choice of mankind in Arminianism. In Christian belief through the Bible it demonstrates that God hates sin because it is bad for mankind. Gods Will of course is not for mankind to rebel against Him and make immoral choices that harm mankind. So in a combination of Predestination and free will it is not God's will for the rapist to choose a sinful act and rape the woman, I think what this candidate is saying is that God intends for this life to be created. God knew that the man would choose to rebel against God's law to rape the woman. I definitely dont believe the candidate is saying that, "this woman should be allowed to be raped because it is God's will!" if this man held these beliefs we would be hearing that he had a record of evil acts and statements because if he was that twisted we would see it in his actions.

In this man's beliefs he knows God's ultimate Will for mankind will be carried out but it happens also in coordination of mankind's free choices. Since mankind has the ability to choose immorally then immoral actions will happen that go against God's law. What the man is trying to say is that it was God's will for the life to be created and it all happened within the choices of mankind. The man chose wrongly to rape the woman. A life was created. If life begins at conception as he believes the woman then has the choice to either destroy that life or allow the life to live. His belief is that the punishment should be on the rapist and not the child because he believes life begins at conception. If that is true then destroying the life would be classified as against Gods law of "thou shall not commit murder" and therefore against his beliefs. he didn't explain his statement in a way that provides clarity about his beliefs. Poor phrasing of words but some people seem to make it sound like its "ok to rape a woman ". Of course that is ridiculous and not what he believes.

klystron said:
Mr Khan said:
Any woman who votes Republican at this point has seriously skewed priorities.

Khan, many women are mothers who don't like the murder of little babies. Having sex with whoever or whatever you want consequences be darned is not a priority for most.

See, you too are promoting rape culture here, by misrepresenting the question as being about loose women.

I repeat myself. Women who vote Republican have seriously skewed priorities.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

@Allfreedom: tldr why do u hate women and love rape

Allfreedom99 said:
Some people are very quick to paint this man as someone that sympathizes with rapists. I do think this candidate definitely phrased his statement in a bad way.

From how it appears this man holds to the Evangelical Christian belief. In the christian belief God's will plays out in humanity as time goes on. This happens both on a large scale and small. In Christian belief God is sovereign and nothing happens that He does not know about or that He won't know about to take place in the future. In the Christian belief God has given mankind the ability to choose. Mankind is not controlled but has the freedom of choice. This was demonstrated when the first man and woman chose to disobey God and ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Therefore their minds were opened to rebellion against God and the knowledge to disobey His Will for mankind.

In the case of a rapist choosing to rape a woman that is the rapists choice originating from the first sin that gave mankind the knowledge of good morality and bad morality. It is Not the will of God for this man to rape the woman. This is where some gray areas happen in Calvinistic predestination and the complete choice of mankind in Arminianism. In Christian belief through the Bible it demonstrates that God hates sin because it is bad for mankind. Gods Will of course is not for mankind to rebel against Him and make immoral choices that harm mankind. So in a combination of Predestination and free will it is not God's will for the rapist to choose a sinful act and rape the woman, I think what this candidate is saying is that God intends for this life to be created. God knew that the man would choose to rebel against God's law to rape the woman. I definitely dont believe the candidate is saying that, "this woman should be allowed to be raped because it is God's will!" if this man held these beliefs we would be hearing that he had a record of evil acts and statements because if he was that twisted we would see it in his actions.

In this man's beliefs he knows God's ultimate Will for mankind will be carried out but it happens also in coordination of mankind's free choices. Since mankind has the ability to choose immorally then immoral actions will happen that go against God's law. What the man is trying to say is that it was God's will for the life to be created and it all happened within the choices of mankind. The man chose wrongly to rape the woman. A life was created. If life begins at conception as he believes the woman then has the choice to either destroy that life or allow the life to live. His belief is that the punishment should be on the rapist and not the child because he believes life begins at conception. If that is true then destroying the life would be classified as against Gods law of "thou shall not commit murder" and therefore against his beliefs. he didn't explain his statement in a way that provides clarity about his beliefs. Poor phrasing of words but some people seem to make it sound like its "ok to rape a woman ". Of course that is ridiculous and not what he believes.

He doesn't give a damn about God. He's just trying to promote an anti-feminist agenda.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Still, getting riled up for someone saying that it is possible that God intended it to happen is ridiculous. How would anyone know for sure that God did not intend it to happen?

Because we can't know that, and this isn't a theology class. This is politics, where this guy is trying to promote rape-culture and downplay the rights of women. A lowly, despicable scumsucker who should be cast out of civilized society and never allowed to appear in public again.

Religion should always be completely separated from politics for that reason; We can't be certain about anything and everyone have different views.

Which is why I agree that this guy should not be a politician in the first place.

Mr Khan said:

He doesn't give a damn about God. He's just trying to promote an anti-feminist agenda.

This. He's just feigning it. When he got choked up, what he really wanted to do was choke a bitch.

Mr Khan said:
klystron said:
Mr Khan said:
Any woman who votes Republican at this point has seriously skewed priorities.

Khan, many women are mothers who don't like the murder of little babies. Having sex with whoever or whatever you want consequences be darned is not a priority for most.

See, you too are promoting rape culture here, by misrepresenting the question as being about loose women.

I repeat myself. Women who vote Republican have seriously skewed priorities.

I think what you mean is from your point of view they have skewed priorities. Like a debt-free nation for their children. Or a military that can keep them safe (whether they serve or not.) Or what about a culture that promotes life? Oh, in your mind that's a skewed priority, amirite? I bet you think that all women need big government to protect them. God forbid anyone should want to protect themselves.

I'm not promoting rape culture at all. I simply am not, unlike you, making emotional appeals to further my political agenda.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Religion should always be completely separated from politics for that reason; We can't be certain about anything and everyone have different views.

Which is why I agree that this guy should not be a politician in the first place.

Short of barring religious people from public life, I don't see how you can really do that. The political views of the religious will always be influenced by their religious beliefs, whether it's in terms of abortions or welfare policy or whatever.

badgenome said:
Mr Khan said:

This. He's just feigning it. When he got choked up, what he really wanted to do was choke a bitch.

I envision Khan as one of those guys who attends feminist rallies trying to get laid. That idea is what lead to the modern day white knight.