By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Did this generation have a better library than last generation?

Tagged games:

As someone who owns all 3 current generation consoles (Although I hardly ever played on my unwanted gift the Wii, which I let my brother have), this console generation has easily had the highest amount of high quality games over any previous console generation ever! Not only have most of the amazing franchise from the last couple of generations continued but we have had so many amazing new IPs and amazing reboots that there really is no valid reason to think last generation consoles had a better library. Only hipsters and people who can't take off their rose-tinted glasses would disagree in my opinion.

Around the Network

Absolutely yes, hands down. This gen got be back into gaming after I started to lose interest in it about halfway through last gen for the first time in my life. 2005-2006 were abysmal years and I bought hardly any games during that time. Then came 2007, and my love of videogames was renewed once again with both the Wii and especially the 360.

Unless you play nothing but JRPGs all day long, I don't see how anyone could say this gen is worse than last gen. Best gen since the 16 bit days IMO.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Besides jrpgs....yes. Though I feel like Microsoft had some great jrpgs at the start and just stopped paying for them lol.

I'll say it in Spanish -

No.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Para nada ;)
Absolutely NOT
The past generation will remain as the BEST generation ever, seconded by the outstanding N64/PSX era
i would rank this gen 4th just after the SNES/MegaDrive gen

Around the Network

To me personally hell yes.

Mass Effect series
Gears of War series
Assassins Creed series
Amazing Halo games
Uncharted series
Killzone series
Infamous series
SKYRIM!!!!
And tons of other I havent mentioned.

Last gen did have some fantastic games like FFX but overall this gen smashes last gen for me

Yes it did and their is still at least one more year left so its only going to get even better.

Of my 5 favourite games of all time, 4 were released last generation and 0 were released this generation. However, this generation has more great games overall.

PS2 > PS3
Wii > Gamecube
360 > Xbox

Too close to call overall...

Big yes for me. I just didn't play games that much back in the days. I surely enjoyed my original xbox at the time before defecting to ps3 after taking a break from games from 06 to 09.