By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Increasing Evidence That Nintendo is Not Serious About the Hardcore Gamers

TheKingofRedLions said:

Is it plausible that they could add voice chat with a firmware update?

It has voice chat. The 'article' is complaining that you need a headset for it.

Around the Network
SunofKratos said:
Right now they have the Ninty crowd and some of the casuals ( but the casuals wont have such an impact this time because Microsoft and Sony realised that this is a big market for them too and they will also find ways to attrackt the casuals)

Isn't that being dangerous anyway? I mean that just proves they aren't dedicated to so-called 'hardcore' gamers and would waste no time making the mistakes nintendo made this generation.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

So hardcoreee )8D

The mic situation is beyond retarded of nintendo. The other issues the writer brings up are stupid.

runqvist said:
Chandler said:
runqvist said:
Chandler said:
Fanboy article is fanboyish. Loved the part about the lackluster launch lineup.

It is in the eye of the beholder. I am one of those who see the lineup lackluster at best. There is only few games which I would be interested in.

Assassins creed 3

Black ops 2

And then few games I already own.  I don't know much about wii u:s online system, but I am willing to bet that there won't be as many gamers as on 360 or pc. Assassins creed might be a reason to get the console, but then again, it is available on pc/360. Tekken might be interesting too, but that is also available on other platforms. Other than those games, there is nothing for me.

So get your games elsewhere. Nintendo can not cater to every single person on earth. If you only like neckstabshooters the fpsbox is the superior choice for sure. No contest. People with a broader interest in games will probably not call the launch lineup lackluster.

So what goes in to your neckstabshooter genre, everything where you use a weapon or what?

Other than shooters and action games I also like sports games, racers, strategy games, rpg:s at least. That isn't broad enough?  I guess not.

Wii U gets all the same sports games the other consoles get. A realistic racer is missing right now but Project Cars is announced. Strategy games are a rarity on every console, so I don't see how someone would choose another console on that premise. Sources confirmed already that the touch screen would work very well for strategy games. A big, meaty RPG is also mssing as of right now but it's confirmed that Monolith Soft is working on a Wii U game. ALso, RPG's are almost never represent in a launch lineup. At least I can't think of one.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

Nintendo is getting better, I mean the Wii U launch has Zombi U, Ninja Gaiden 3, and Call Of Duty BLOPS2 (which would be the equivalent of the Wii launching with a new GTA game circa 2006, albeit non-exclusive), though the Wii launch did have "realistic Zelda".

Nintendo just needs more IPs that are exclusive to their brand that are aimed at the core gamer.

When you think "Nintendo" you're always going to think Mario/Zelda/DK/Pokemon/Miis/etc. but you can grow an audience beyond that if you invest in it. Just like with EA, when you think EA you immediately think sports games, but they've successful also have launched non-sports IP like Battlefield 3, Mass Effect, Need For Speed, and the Harry Potter games.

So Bayonetta 2 is a start for Nintendo, but can't be the end for them if they want to gain credibility with core players. Need to have another 3-4 new IP that's aimed at the core demo.

Chandler said:
runqvist said:
Chandler said:
runqvist said:
Chandler said:

It is in the eye of the beholder. I am one of those who see the lineup lackluster at best. There is only few games which I would be interested in.

Assassins creed 3

Black ops 2

And then few games I already own.  I don't know much about wii u:s online system, but I am willing to bet that there won't be as many gamers as on 360 or pc. Assassins creed might be a reason to get the console, but then again, it is available on pc/360. Tekken might be interesting too, but that is also available on other platforms. Other than those games, there is nothing for me.

So get your games elsewhere. Nintendo can not cater to every single person on earth. If you only like neckstabshooters the fpsbox is the superior choice for sure. No contest. People with a broader interest in games will probably not call the launch lineup lackluster.

So what goes in to your neckstabshooter genre, everything where you use a weapon or what?

Other than shooters and action games I also like sports games, racers, strategy games, rpg:s at least. That isn't broad enough?  I guess not.

Wii U gets all the same sports games the other consoles get. A realistic racer is missing right now but Project Cars is announced. Strategy games are a rarity on every console, so I don't see how someone would choose another console on that premise. Sources confirmed already that the touch screen would work very well for strategy games. A big, meaty RPG is also mssing as of right now but it's confirmed that Monolith Soft is working on a Wii U game. ALso, RPG's are almost never represent in a launch lineup. At least I can't think of one.

Between Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, guess who have several strategy franchises.

I'll let you in on a secret: hard core gamers are conservative fucks who don't care shit for innovation; they just want more of the same old thing they've had for years.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Chandler said:
runqvist said:
Chandler said:
runqvist said:
Chandler said:

Assassins creed 3

Black ops 2

I see only Fifa on the launch lineup, that is not getting all the same sports games. If you are talking about Wii U getting all the same sports games lets say before the end of the year, please prove it.

After checking the fourth time, I finally noticed that there really is a racer on the launch lineup. Somehow that has slipped my sight, must be due the automatic spam filtering.

You were the one who spoke about broader interest in games, I merely informed you of my favourite genres. Still waiting for your explanation of that neckstabshooter-genre.

Wii U has Madden NFL and NBA 2K as well.

Albeit EA screwed the Wii U version of Madden by not using the new physics engine in this year's version.

I wish we got NHL 13 on the Wii U.