By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MCV: Wii U Is A Stopgap System, Real Successor Is Still To Come

bananaking21 said:
technically the WiiU isnt "next gen" when it comes to power. and who ever wants argue saying its stronger than PS3 and 360 just remember those are over half a decade old machines.

It may not be up to power standards but it is more like dreamcast. What it lacks in power it makes up for in innovation. It is also a bigger leap then xbox was to 360. Not only is it stronger then ps3 but I seem to remember reading wii was weaker then the original xbox.

One more thing to complete my year = senran kagura localization =D

Around the Network
CCFanboy said:
bananaking21 said:
technically the WiiU isnt "next gen" when it comes to power. and who ever wants argue saying its stronger than PS3 and 360 just remember those are over half a decade old machines.

It may not be up to power standards but it is more like dreamcast. What it lacks in power it makes up for in innovation. It is also a bigger leap then xbox was to 360. Not only is it stronger then ps3 but I seem to remember reading wii was weaker then the original xbox.

the word innovation gets thrown around so more these days it lost all its meaning, i wouldnt consider anything about the WiiU "innovative" im sure a lot would argue with me about that but to each there own. but nintendo clearly didnt chose power as its selling point here, there going for a more cheaper console with decent graphics and a new controller, they have a clear and well thought out business decision and plan that they plan an sticking on to, they wont ditch this console in 3 years. it will most probably have 5 year cycle as all nintendo consoles do, with the last year/year and a half having no to little support but still being there primary console

Edit: Blagh.

So that means that the SNES was a brand extension on the NES moniker lmao, and all of the gameboy successors were all stopgap systems.

What are they basing this off? It says they're just speculating. How irresponsible.

Around the Network
CCFanboy said:
People who claim it isn't a next gen system are just likely to use this article as more 'ammunition'. People who bought wii stopped playing it mid way through it's life cycle as games stopped coming. Yet nintendo kept supporting it. They won't just drop wii u 3 years in.

I have a PS3 with some awesome games (recently beat Portal and Arkham City) but my Wii is still my most played console. I've got four games on it I'm trying to beat simultaneously!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Wasn't the same thing said about the DS?

If the DS failed, wasn't Nintendo going to go back to the Game Boy brand-name?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Uhhh... no.

SaviorX said:
Wasn't the same thing said about the DS?

If the DS failed, wasn't Nintendo going to go back to the Game Boy brand-name?

If the DS had flopped, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would've quickly come out with a "Game Boy Next".

Obviously it didn't, be that first year was pretty teneous until Brain Training really started to take off Nintendo was on pins and needles.

Nonsense.
WiiU will at least be around 5 years.
i predicted that they would release this system what 4-5 years ago.
Its the mext stage in their move upstream.
it is one of the reasons for my new thread regarding the ps4.
Nintendo doesnt want to release a new system soon after this. They want to push the competitors upstream.
If sony is smart theyll stay in direct competition with it and not move.