By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's safe to say Sony lost this gen; 70 million Xbox 360's have been sold!

Popping in to say that the mods are keeping an eye on this particular topic.

Keep things civil and stay on the topic at hand.

Cool?

Cool.

Around the Network
chapset said:
selnor said:
chapset said:
selnor said:
So the real gap is 6.1 million between 360 and PS3.

This coincides with many other reports financial from actual figures rather than guesstimates on VGC.

Maybe VGC should ask Micosoft, Nintendo and Sony direct what their actual figures are. Bet they are these. Theres a reason VGC figures aren't quoted in media articles I guess. I always wondered that.

lol

lol at what?

I always wondered why Ive read 10 or 20 articles over the last 3 years on figures which NEVER include VGC figures. Yet always dont favour Sony as much as VGC does.

Man how many people tried to refute Microsoft when on the world stage at 3 seperate events in front of both Ninty and Sony they said they were the biggest selling console last year TO CONSUMER. Yet everyone here was blah blah blah.

dude you are so funny, i really like your sarcasm

I'm not being sarcastic.

Its been a fact for the last 3 or 4 years now. VGC always has different numbers than what the media reports. Even different and left unchanged when Microsoft confirmed sales to consumers. Tats right CONSUMERS. And they still argued the toss.

Anyway I'll leave the VGC numbers to the ones who dont mind upsetting the VGCartz boat.

selnor said:
Train wreck said:
JayWood2010 said:
I've lost all faith in VGC numbers.

PS3 over-tacked by 3 million is horrible but they have been screwing up a lot lately and it seems the pre-orders are off now too

Then please do use all a favor and request a perma ban on your account.

Why he can still discuss games. Just do what I do and listen to the actual companies and other sources rather than VGC for numbers. VGC always say different to 20 other articles. Especially PS3.

I think this thread just shows how irrational people have become.  Microsoft numbers (and all game companies numbers) have always been a shipped number for 1 so its 70 million shipped not sold to customers (which this site tracks)

2nd: Sony official numbers do not come out for another two weeks so comparing an outdate number (Sony last quarter numbers were released in August in which they hat 63.9 million + the 2.8 million they sold (ps2/ps3)) to Microsoft numbers released just yesterday do not make sense.

selnor said:
chapset said:
selnor said:
chapset said:
selnor said:

This coincides with many other reports financial from actual figures rather than guesstimates on VGC.

Maybe VGC should ask Micosoft, Nintendo and Sony direct what their actual figures are. Bet they are these. Theres a reason VGC figures aren't quoted in media articles I guess. I always wondered that.

lol

lol at what?

I always wondered why Ive read 10 or 20 articles over the last 3 years on figures which NEVER include VGC figures. Yet always dont favour Sony as much as VGC does.

Man how many people tried to refute Microsoft when on the world stage at 3 seperate events in front of both Ninty and Sony they said they were the biggest selling console last year TO CONSUMER. Yet everyone here was blah blah blah.

I'm not being sarcastic.

Its been a fact for the last 3 or 4 years now. VGC always has different numbers than what the media reports. Even different and left unchanged when Microsoft confirmed sales to consumers. Tats right CONSUMERS. And they still argued the toss.

Anyway I'll leave the VGC numbers to the ones who dont mind upsetting the Sony Chartz I mean VGCartz boat.

hint:

ethomaz said:
This article is so weak.

63.9 million is March 31, 2012 compared with 70 million from September 30, 2012.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

selnor said:

I'm not being sarcastic.

Anyway I'll leave the VGC numbers to the ones who dont mind upsetting the Sony Chartz I mean VGCartz boat.

I remeber the last time Microsoft said "SOLD TO CONSUMERS".

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-10/microsoft-says-it-has-sold-66-million-xbox-360-gaming-consoles.html

What was it? Do you remember? Wow I remembered now... 65.8m SHIPPED.

lol lol lol

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
JayWood2010 said:

PS3 over-tacked by 3 million is horrible but they have been screwing up a lot lately and it seems the pre-orders are off now too

Then please do use all a favor and request a perma ban on your account.

lmao not really sure what your problem is when I stating something that is honest.  Unlike most people on this site, I'm logical and give reasons for the things I say so if you have a problem with me then fine but at the end of the day that still doesn't change the fact that this site is wrong.  Are you hurt about it or something?  If not then no need to get all upset and act butthurt over it.

Can we all get along? - Rodney King

JayWood2010 said:

Did you even read the article or even other people's post on the first page.  Because if you did, then you would know that the article is comparing september 360 numbers to march ps3 numbers.  And it's not 70 million SOLD, its SHIPPED.  You and selnor seem to not have the slightest clue at how horrible this article is.  

PLEASE, next time you decide to post something make sure you have all the facts, it would be greatly appreciated.

selnor said:
chapset said:
selnor said:
chapset said:
selnor said:

lol

lol at what?

I'm not being sarcastic.

Anyway I'll leave the VGC numbers to the ones who dont mind upsetting the VGCartz boat.

Completely agree with you.  I'll just have to wait for MS, Sony, and Nintendo confirmed sales over this site.  Really is sad they don't fix it though.

ethomaz said:

selnor said:

I'm not being sarcastic.

I remeber the last time Microsoft said "SOLD TO CONSUMERS".

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-10/microsoft-says-it-has-sold-66-million-xbox-360-gaming-consoles.html

What was it? Do you remember? Wow I remembered now... 65.8m SHIPPED.

lol lol lol

We all know what your doing with this piece of work.

Look its Sony and noone is ever gonna say a bad word about them on this site. So how about I save myself the trouble of a long long night.