By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's safe to say Sony lost this gen; 70 million Xbox 360's have been sold!

PS3 was released a year later, and at a much higher price point, and they're STILL only a couple million behind 360. So, this article's main point is pretty flimsy.

Around the Network
sperrico87 said:
PS3 was released a year later, and at a much higher price point, and they're STILL only a couple million behind 360. So, this article's main point is pretty flimsy.

Sony

PS2: over 156 million sold

PS3: over 63 million sold

Microsoft

Xbox 1: over 24 million sold

Xbox 360: over 70 million sold

hmmm....

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:

Hahaha nope, those numbers are out of date, Vgchartz isn't overtracking anything. For years on end the PS3 has been out selling the 360 despite being launched a year to a year and a half later at $600, and when all is said and done at the end of the generation the PS3 will have overtaken the 360. Microsoft has done a great job of delaying the inevitable tho.

Yeah Sony followed up the PS2 in sensational style.  By slaughtering their market share, driving the company into the floor, becoming a distant 3rd in the single biggest market and leaviong themselves a mountaing to climb with PS4.

You are unbelieveable, those rose tinted spectacles are stuck.

In what part of that post did he mention anything about the PS3 successful compared to the PS2?

smbu2000 said:
sperrico87 said:

Sony

PS2: over 156 million sold

PS3: over 63 million sold

Microsoft

Xbox 1: over 24 million sold

Xbox 360: over 70 million sold

hmmm....

^^^

This X5000000000000000000000000

LOL!!!!

-Moderated by Kasz216

I'm betting that Sony is actually ahead as far as actual customers go. But gotta give it to MS, they know how to bind their crowd. Gotta buy dat fifth xbox to pad dem numbers some more.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Yeah Sony followed up the PS2 in sensational style.  By slaughtering their market share, driving the company into the floor, becoming a distant 3rd in the single biggest market and leaviong themselves a mountaing to climb with PS4.

All the shit Sony did, yet theyre still equal with the 360 despite Microsoft(!)s best efforts.

Its quite funny watching Sony fuck up at every opportunity and still manage to keep up with the other guys.

Their PS3 data is hugely outdated. I have no intentions of reading the entire article when their paragrpah is full of misinformation and ingnorance.

Oh and BTW Gamesradar, the 70million Xbox 360 are SHIPPED, not SOLD.

(Any1 know when Sony and Nintendo will reveal their latest shipments?)

And this "article" is hilarious and incompetant.

They just realized this?

kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
FattyDingDong said:
pezus said:
What an unprofessional article...comparing the latest 360 numbers to months old Wii and PS3 data.

Actually those are the latest ps3 and wii numbers, Vgchartz tends to overtrack those numbers.

Hahaha nope, those numbers are out of date, Vgchartz isn't overtracking anything. For years on end the PS3 has been out selling the 360 despite being launched a year to a year and a half later at $600, and when all is said and done at the end of the generation the PS3 will have overtaken the 360. Microsoft has done a great job of delaying the inevitable tho.

No one said the PS3 was a success compared to PS2, they are comparing it to the Xbox 360. You know that.

Oh and BTW, I don't call a couple million a "distant third". +  this generation is far from over. PS3 has a good 1-2 years left before next-gen. Wii U starts the next gen, but current gen is not over until at least 1 other console makes it to market.