By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii-U: No "system based" voice chat

Hynad said:

Since I don't trust lilbroex to post this news bit, since it doesn't paint Nintendo in a godly figure, I'm taking the liberty of sharing it myself.

Lol.

Anyway, on topic: bad idea.  Idk, I mean I'm not picking up a Wii-U at the very least until Pikmin 3 comes out, so there's no "Oh, well now I'm not buying it!"

But given that such a huge critique of PS3 over the years has been no cross-game chat (and it is a big deal for some people), it doesn't make much sense that this new machine - which is obviously more of a RAM powerhouse than the PS3 - ignores it in this manner.

I'm not sure if cross-game chat is a big deal to me because I've never had the chance to use it.  But I sure would like to, seeing as most of my friends play Fallout/FIFA/Skyrim and I like none of the above, but I would still like to talk to them faster than typing messages.  The option being there is no bad thing.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Overall it doesn't bother me; I could careless about voice chat with random people.
But... the ending part is really... awkward. Someone must have been high when they came to a conclusion on how to do this. (The optional addition of voice chat is a fine idea, though.)

i also don't care as long as it isn't important for the game but that's why i always voice chat with the 15 or so people i now in real life on my xbox, why should i do it with randoms? i mean, i think it is great to play a game which has no imprtant story and have some friends in the voice chat at the same time. would be perfect for games like mario or something. if someone plays mario and the other plays rayman, damn a cross-chat would be great!

that's one of the reason why i love to play on xbox, it's always so much fun to be in a chat with some friends, much to laugh all the time.

Nintendo can survive without voice chat. Its Microsoft and Sony who need it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo can survive without voice chat. Its Microsoft and Sony who need it.

sure and why don't give some people what they want? consumers like me would like to have it and it wouldn't be really a problem so why give me less as they could to please me less? that will mean i will play multi-plat games on xbox and not wii u if the controller won't make a huge difference. if they think that's a good idea to have a disadvantage in this case for multi-plat games on their console...

Before we all lose our minds and start sending hate mails to Nintendo, we must keep in mind that nothing stops them from including this feature in a future update. (NXE, anyone?)

Now, with that said, WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO? DO YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING GAME?

No but seriously, personally I could not care less about this issue. The more kids (at all ages) they discourage to talk shit into their microphones, the better.

Around the Network

Shame for those who see this as a big deal, but given that I don't even own a headset and that I instantly mute everybody on the rare occasion that I play something online, this isn't a feature that I'm going to miss.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:
Shame for those who see this as a big deal, but given that I don't even own a headset and that I instantly mute everybody on the rare occasion that I play something online, this isn't a feature that I'm going to miss.

why shame for me? are you serious? i love to talk with my rl firends when i play some games in which i don't really have to listen to the story or where the atmosphere wouldn't get destroyed. what exactly is so wrong with that? i'm not 15 anymore where i meet all my friends everyday in my room and sit with 4 of them in front of my tv. it is awesome to have a chat with them who live hundreds of kilometers away and play some games at the same time. you have much more contact to them then as if you just call them few times a year...

i just hope the game will have private voice-chat rooms to give people the chance to play the same game together online and be in a private room without other people you would have to mute otherwise so you can really talk about strategy and such stuff.

crissindahouse said:
milkyjoe said:

why shame for me? are you serious? i love to talk with my rl firends when i play some games in which i don't really have to listen to the story or where the atmosphere wouldn't get destroyed. what exactly is so wrong with that? i'm not 15 anymore where i meet all my friends everyday in my room and sit with 4 of them in front of my tv. it is awesome to have a chat with them who live hundreds of kilometers away and play some games at the same time. you have much more contact to them then as if you just call them few times a year...

i just hope the game will have private voice-chat rooms to give people the chance to play the same game together online and be in a private room without other people you would have to mute otherwise so you can really talk about strategy and such stuff.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it... Unless you misunderstood and thought I meant shame on you or something? I meant, it's a shame for guys like you who will want to use it.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it... Unless you misunderstood and thought I meant shame on you or something? I meant, it's a shame for guys like you who will want to use it.

ahaha sry ok then i misunderstood you lol. yeah i thought you meant it's a shame that some people want that

but yeah, it is really a big deal for some, if you as example play halo online, every second is in a private room for cross-chat or to play halo together and to talk about strategy or to talk about some random shit so that other people don't have to hear it in the team. it's good for both, those who don't care about private shit of randoms and great for those who use it.

well easy to add on later so who cares if it has it now or not as long as the games that require it have it!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(