By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii-U: No "system based" voice chat

it all seems so cumbersome, I'd hope that Ninty would do online much better on their new home console than the last.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
with 1 Gb reserved it seems odd they aren't doing cross game chat. surely nintendo has seen the critiques against sony over the last 6 years.

Do you want one of your friends from VGC buzzing you every time you turn your system on?  I know I'd be in heaven if D21 ever voice simulated me.

sethnintendo said:

You should change the beginning of the op (like eliminate it).  Others might even report it. Just trying to give you a heads up...

Awww please.  The guy calls me (wrongly so) a hater of Nintendo in just about every single reply he addresses to me. Now, if I can't poke some fun in return...

Hynad said:
sethnintendo said:

You should change the beginning of the op (like eliminate it).  Others might even report it. Just trying to give you a heads up...

Awww please.  The guy calls me (wrongly so) a hater of Nintendo in just about every single reply he addresses to me. Now, if I can't poke some fun when I get the occasion...

Call him out in a post or something but I don't think it is good taste to start a news article thread like that.  You gotta hit him with good counter arguments.  I consider what you did a cheap shot.

sethnintendo said:
Hynad said:
sethnintendo said:

Awww please.  The guy calls me (wrongly so) a hater of Nintendo in just about every single reply he addresses to me. Now, if I can't poke some fun when I get the occasion...

Call him out in a post or something but I don't think it is good taste to start a news article thread like that.  You gotta hit him with good counter arguments in posts. 

I do that in my posts. =P

If you know him even just a tiny bit, you know that reasoning with him achieves absolutely nothing, to put it gently. Now, if you want to stop at this part of the OP and focus on it, then be my guest. But I'm not changing it. My sentence doesn't break any rules.

Around the Network

fucking lol...archaic thinking

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

For a ol'chap like me who's not too fond of this feature and saying that this can come back haunting Nintendo.., is saying a lot! ~_^

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I don't even use voice chat on consoles but this is definitely a confusing decision. This is typical of Nintendo though, if they don't see personal value in a feature they won't spend any time developing it further. Hopefully this isn't an indication of how the rest of their online-related features will be, otherwise there's really no reason for 1GB to be reserved for the OS unless the system allows for a lot of multi-tasking or something.

maybe they believe miiverse will compensate for this.

Bet with ninjablade:

Ninjablade wins if the next 5 multiplat on the wii u are inferior to the 360 version.

I win if one of the 5 mulitplats are on par or superior on the Wii U.

Hynad said:
sethnintendo said:

Awww please.  The guy calls me (wrongly so) a hater of Nintendo in just about every single reply he addresses to me. Now, if I can't poke some fun in return...

Allthough it´s good you posted this article but you aint fooling anyone with the wrongly part. you and ktler are well known haters so spare us the bullshit.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.