By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What are your favourite Halloween movies?

HesAPooka said:
sethnintendo said:

Ah shit most people stole my thunder.... Nightmare Before Christmas

I actually don't give a shit about Halloween because I only went and trick or treating once in my life (when I was 16). Parents called it the devils holiday which I didn't mind since they would give me the left over candy that they didn't hand out. So I never really cared about celebrating Halloween but this movie is pure gold. Makes me almost like the Halloween tradition.

That's actually kind of funny because Halloween has to do with honoring people who have past including saints, which is very UNsatanic. In Eastern europe halloween or as they call it The day of the dead is a day where people pay respect to family members who have died. Most people visit cemetaries etc. 

That is more Mexican than American.  USA doesn't celebrate the day of the dead (unless you are Mexican) while it is famous in Mexico (Día de los Muertos).  It would be only through Spanish culture and movies like The Crow where people actually know of the day of the dead in the USA. 

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
HesAPooka said:
sethnintendo said:

I actually don't give a shit about Halloween because I only went and trick or treating once in my life (when I was 16). Parents called it the devils holiday which I didn't mind since they would give me the left over candy that they didn't hand out. So I never really cared about celebrating Halloween but this movie is pure gold. Makes me almost like the Halloween tradition.

That's actually kind of funny because Halloween has to do with honoring people who have past including saints, which is very UNsatanic. In Eastern europe halloween or as they call it The day of the dead is a day where people pay respect to family members who have died. Most people visit cemetaries etc. 

That is more Mexican than American.  USA doesn't celebrate the day of the dead (unless you are Mexican) while it is famous in Mexico (Día de los Muertos).  It would be only through Spanish culture and movies like The Crow where people actually know of the day of the dead in the USA. 

I think it's more of a Everywhere but Canada, and USA type thing. I wasn't trying to be offensive I just thought it was ironic considering the history of halloween. 

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

HesAPooka said:
sethnintendo said:
HesAPooka said:
sethnintendo said:

I think it's more of a Everywhere but Canada, and USA type thing. I wasn't trying to be offensive I just thought it was ironic considering the history of halloween. 

Don't worry I can be more offensive than anything.  You aren't....  I don't know the full history but I was never allowed to participate.  I did "dress up" with a wife beater (tank top) on Halloween when I was 16 (only time I attended trick or treat).  Some Christians in USA just consider it the devil's holiday.  I compare it more to something like the Salem Witch Trials than anything else.  I just never saw anything special in the date especially due to my parents back lash against it.  I compare it sort of to someone that gives their kids presents during the holiday season (Christmas) and tells them they got presents from some magical figure called Santa Claus.  It was like they wanted to break me but they didn't fully expose me to all the lies that modern society brings towards its kids.

sethnintendo said:
HesAPooka said:
sethnintendo said:
HesAPooka said:
sethnintendo said:

Don't worry I can be more offensive than anything.  You aren't....  I don't know the full history but I was never allowed to participate.  I did "dress up" with a wife beater (tank top) on Halloween when I was 16 (only time I attended trick or treat).  Some Christians in USA just consider it the devil's holiday.  I compare it more to something like the Salem Witch Trials than anything else.  I just never saw anything special in the date especially due to my parents back lash against it.  I compare it sort of to someone that gives their kids presents during the holiday season (Christmas) and tells them they got presents from some magical figure called Santa Claus.  It was like they wanted to break me but they didn't fully expose me to all the lies that modern society brings towards its kids.

I can absoltutely understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. I know people that don't really celebrate Halloween as well.  For me Halloween is a magical time of the year. The colors in the trees, the decorations, and the magical erie feel in the air, I love it. I never really went trick or treating either, I wasn't allowed because my parents were really over protective, but I still enoyed it. 

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

HesAPooka said:
sethnintendo said:
HesAPooka said:
sethnintendo said:
HesAPooka said:
sethnintendo said:

I can absoltutely understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. I know people that don't really celebrate Halloween as well.  For me Halloween is a magical time of the year. The colors in the trees, the decorations, and the magical erie feel in the air, I love it. I never really went trick or treating either, I wasn't allowed because my parents were really over protective, but I still enoyed it. 

Yep autumn is a very nice to to notice nature or at least tree leaves dying!   I believe this is the best time of year considering the climate I am stuck in (Texas right now).  Fall is wonderful (especially in middles states like Tennessee, etc..)  I see you are from Canada so the season must change a little early for you.  I never bothered missing out on Halloween because my parents always gave me the left over candy.  So basically I didn't have to go anywhere to receive a reward.  I'm just wondering why parents go through the lies of Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and Halloween.  I suppose it is because they yearn for the younger days but it isn't nice lying to kids.  Although it is kind of funny to see a kid's heart broken (I know I am sick).

Around the Network

The Crow (disgusted by the lack of The Crow in this thread.)

Halloween 1 and 2

Casper

Watch these every October.

I'm surprised that a lot of the movies mentioned on this thread aren't exactly scary

But every holloween me and my friends would go to a theme park for there special holloween theme hunted house, so much fun.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

dftgdf

HEY GURL"! ;)

SnakeDrake said:
I'm surprised that a lot of the movies mentioned on this thread aren't exactly scary

But every holloween me and my friends would go to a theme park for there special holloween theme hunted house, so much fun.

They might not be that scary but a lot of them are great classics.