By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo Demo at 4K Resolution Described as “Absolutely Stunning”

Tagged games:

PlaystaionGamer said:
I think this is amazing! Sony will clearly push 4K soon and I think the ps4 will support 4k games.. In 3/4 years time 4k will be everywhere and hopefully Sony can be at the top of it.

The ps4 will mostly have the ability to hook it up to a 4k-tv. Internally rendering AAA-games at 4k is way off for the ps4 unless sony will sell it for an expensive price which will most likely not happen. done.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
I think this is amazing! Sony will clearly push 4K soon and I think the ps4 will support 4k games.. In 3/4 years time 4k will be everywhere and hopefully Sony can be at the top of it.

You seriously think we will be playing full retail 4k games on the PS4 and that 4k tv's will be mainstream in 3 years?

no and er.... no.

why not? its not really impossible, and In less than 4 years LED tvs took off.

dahuman said:
PS4 = 4 PS3 duck taped together confirmed? :P

No it is 24 gamecubes taped together.

PullusPardus said:
kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

You seriously think we will be playing full retail 4k games on the PS4 and that 4k tv's will be mainstream in 3 years?

no and er.... no.

So your telling us that PS4 wont be truly viable until its at least 3-4 years old

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Sony is pushing the new Bravia 4k resolution and the PS4 will support this resolution for sure...

4k is 2160p = 2x 1080p (4x more pixels)

The actual GPU series from AMD and nVIDIA support 4k resolution.

Around the Network

People complain about 3D adoption rates yet somehow expect a technical extravagence to take off when companies will be charging a huge premium. 4k will be stillborn, it has zero chance at success without more native sources to take advantage. Its simply a decade too early for the vast majority of consumers (above 99% if I had to guess).

Still impressive as a tech demo, I just don't see the point of pushing the tech...

ethomaz said:

Sony is pushing the new Bravia 4k resolution and the PS4 will support this resolution for sure...

4k is 2160p = 2x 1080p (4x more pixels)

The actual GPU series from AMD and nVIDIA support 4k resolution.

again - what means "support" in this case? that you can hook up your gpu/console to a 4k-tv. nothing more and nothing less. this has nothing to do with the quality of the images/games that are to put out through the interface. the tv will upscale no matter what internel res was used by the gpu.

Sony shouldn't push for 4k all it will do for them is drive up costs to own a PS4.

sales2099 said:
PullusPardus said:
kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

no and er.... no.

So your telling us that PS4 wont be truly viable until its at least 3-4 years old

I don't know, but why not?

PullusPardus said:
sales2099 said:
PullusPardus said:
kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

no and er.... no.

I don't know, but why not?

Well itll drive up costs in the early adoption stage, and could alienate most buyers in the first few years. Most people still have Plasma/LCDs, only recently been buying LEDs. You need a console that you can utilize day 1 or else the road to that viability will be rough.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.