By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo Demo at 4K Resolution Described as “Absolutely Stunning”

Tagged games:

Why are Polyphony and Sony wasting all their time making GT5 run on 4 PS3's at a higher resolution?????????????????

This worries me. Hugely. Turn 10 did the 3 Xbox thing for a reason. Actual 3 screen gameplay and its in the disc product we all buy from the stores.

This is an absolute waste of resources and time.
Now we know why GT5 took so long. Polyphony were running GT4 in 1080p on 4 PS2's. But no one ever had it in their homes because the TV's weren't out yet and the patch was never released.

POLYPHONY STOP SCREWING AROUND AND WORK ON GT6. MAYBE YOU MIGHT GET MY MONEY AGAIN IF IT IS BETTER THIS TIME AND COMES IT WITIN THE NEXT 10 years.

Around the Network
selnor said:
Why are Polyphony and Sony wasting all their time making GT5 run on 4 PS3's at a higher resolution?????????????????

This worries me. Hugely. Turn 10 did the 3 Xbox thing for a reason. Actual 3 screen gameplay and its in the disc product we all buy from the stores.

Now we know why GT5 took so long. Polyphony were running GT4 in 1080p on 4 PS2's. But no one ever had it in their homes because the TV's weren't out yet and the patch was never released.

POLYPHONY STOP SCREWING AROUND AND WORK ON GT6. MAYBE YOU MIGHT GET MY MONEY AGAIN IF IT IS BETTER THIS TIME AND COMES IT WITIN THE NEXT 10 years.

Obviously, the entirety of Polyphony (and Sony, since you mentioned them) had to work on this setup for an entire year to achieve that.

/sarcasm

But I understand you just wanted to plug your unwavering love for everything Microsoft once again.

Hynad said:
selnor said:

Obviously, the entirety of Polyphony (and Sony, since you mentioned them) had to work on this setup for an entire year to achieve that.

/sarcasm

But I understand you just wanted to plug your unwavering love for everything Microsoft once again.

Keep dreaming all you want.

This is stupid. Just work on GT6. Thats it simple. GT6. Id be pissed at Turn 10 as well if 3 years after Forza 4 they said ey look Forza 4 in uber HD on 4 360's. Id be like um and thats great because..................... Wheres Forza 5 you lunatics.

selnor said:
Hynad said:
selnor said:

/sarcasm

This is stupid. Just work on GT6. Thats it simple. GT6. Id be pissed at Turn 10 as well if 3 years after Forza 4 they said ey look Forza 4 in uber HD on 4 360's. Id be like um and thats great because..................... Wheres Forza 5 you lunatics.

Ok, maybe you don't realise it, so I'll spell it out for you.

It doesn't take much for Polyphony to make GT5 into this 4K demo. Quit the overreaction already. And in the doubtful possibility that the whole of Polyphony had to work on it, what tells you that the results aren't actually shaping up to become what will be GT6?

And you're fooling no one here. If Turn 10 did a uber tech demo using Forza 4, you'd be drooling over it as if it was the greatest achievement in the history of mankind.

4K at 60fps. I have no doubt in my mind that the PS4 can do 1080p at 60FPS for all games now.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
PS4 = 4 PS3 duck taped together confirmed? :P

LOL! Nintendo will pretend princely royalties for this!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

kowenicki said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
I think this is amazing! Sony will clearly push 4K soon and I think the ps4 will support 4k games.. In 3/4 years time 4k will be everywhere and hopefully Sony can be at the top of it.

You seriously think we will be playing full retail 4k games on the PS4 and that 4k tv's will be mainstream in 3 years?

no and er.... no.

Wait! If you say that just a minority will be able to enjoy it for years, I agree, but it's not an infeasible or unrealistic goal, technically, at least for the needed HW resources, as the necessary leap forward in CPU and GPU power is not only feasible, but also quite a prudent one for a machine that will be released 7 or 8 years after the previous one. The problem could be SW dev costs, part of them can be kept under control if the GT engine is easily scalable up, but to fully exploit the higher res they'll need whole sets of new, higher res textures, physics engine and damage model will need huge improvements to avoid the uncanny unbalance between advanced and outdated parts that plagued, for example, games that ran out of funds during development, like Lands of Lore III, and this is probably just a partial list of what will make dev costs rise.
This said, Sony will have necessarily to count on its 1st parties to show the full power of the new console, so it will better do it on best seller titles like GT ones, to be able to recoup investments.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Let me know when we get a console that does 4k natively at 60 fps with smashing graphics, then I'll perform the necesarry gasp.

Hynad said:
selnor said:
Hynad said:
selnor said:

/sarcasm

It doesn't take much for Polyphony to make GT5 into this 4K demo. Quit the overreaction already. And in the doubtful possibility that the whole of Polyphony had to work on it, what tells you that the results aren't actually shaping up to become what will be GT6?

And you're fooling no one here. If Turn 10 did a uber tech demo using Forza 4, you'd be drooling over it as if it was the greatest achievement in the history of mankind.

They did in an actual game called Horizon. You know improved graphics with new content. A new game. a game. An actual game.

selnor said:
Hynad said:

They did in an actual game called Horizon. You know improved graphics with new content. A new game. a game. An actual game.

you win the agrument, but I think you missed his point...

(I think forza 4 is better game, not that it matters).