By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo Demo at 4K Resolution Described as “Absolutely Stunning”

Tagged games:

selnor said:
Hynad said:
selnor said:
Hynad said:
selnor said:
Why are Polyphony and Sony wasting all their time making GT5 run on 4 PS3's at a higher resolution?????????????????

This worries me. Hugely. Turn 10 did the 3 Xbox thing for a reason. Actual 3 screen gameplay and its in the disc product we all buy from the stores.

This is an absolute waste of resources and time.
Now we know why GT5 took so long. Polyphony were running GT4 in 1080p on 4 PS2's. But no one ever had it in their homes because the TV's weren't out yet and the patch was never released.

POLYPHONY STOP SCREWING AROUND AND WORK ON GT6. MAYBE YOU MIGHT GET MY MONEY AGAIN IF IT IS BETTER THIS TIME AND COMES IT WITIN THE NEXT 10 years.

Obviously, the entirety of Polyphony (and Sony, since you mentioned them) had to work on this setup for an entire year to achieve that.

/sarcasm

But I understand you just wanted to plug your unwavering love for everything Microsoft once again.

Keep dreaming all you want.

This is stupid. Just work on GT6. Thats it simple. GT6. Id be pissed at Turn 10 as well if 3 years after Forza 4 they said ey look Forza 4 in uber HD on 4 360's. Id be like um and thats great because..................... Wheres Forza 5 you lunatics.

Ok, maybe you don't realise it, so I'll spell it out for you.

It doesn't take much for Polyphony to make GT5 into this 4K demo. Quit the overreaction already. And in the doubtful possibility that the whole of Polyphony had to work on it, what tells you that the results aren't actually shaping up to become what will be GT6?

And you're fooling no one here. If Turn 10 did a uber tech demo using Forza 4, you'd be drooling over it as if it was the greatest achievement in the history of mankind.

They did in an actual game called Horizon. You know improved graphics with new content. A new game. a game. An actual game.

Nope, they didn't. Turn 10 didn't develop Horizon. Playground Games did.

Try harder.

Around the Network

it is interesting that a lot of people coming in this thread to mock Sony are the same that claim that Nintendo gets the most hate in another thread

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Mock Sony for repeating a demo from 2008 for a 4K event?
The original demo was demonstrating 240fps in 1080p too, but I guess that's not impressive too.

Here are the 2008 articles, running on GT prologue
http://gizmodo.com/5094334/ps3-tech-demo-runs-gran-turismo-5-in-2160p-or-240-fps
http://theovalich.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/sony-demonstrates-gran-turismo-5-in-4k-resolution/

Why people here hates so much Gran Turismo??? Is it the success, quality, driving physics, sales or anything else???

Anyway... the Eurogamer's article is up too.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-18-off-screen-video-of-sonys-gran-turismo-at-4k-resolution-demo

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Mock Sony for repeating a demo from 2008 for a 4K event?
The original demo was demonstrating 240fps in 1080p too, but I guess that's not impressive too.

Here are the 2008 articles, running on GT prologue
http://gizmodo.com/5094334/ps3-tech-demo-runs-gran-turismo-5-in-2160p-or-240-fps
http://theovalich.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/sony-demonstrates-gran-turismo-5-in-4k-resolution/

There are a little difference this time... you can play the demo, it's public... the 2008 was just showroom.

ethomaz said:
Why people here hates so much Gran Turismo??? Is it the success, quality, driving physics, sales or anything else???

why hate? not getting hyped by a tech-demo we almost know nothing about the technical background of this and leaving many unanswered questions seems logic to me. what did you expect?

either way, i like gran turismo and played all titles except for ps3. it is a great driving simulator but this demo has nothing to do with gt itself but for pushing sonys 4k-tvs. nothing less and nothing more.

walsufnir said:
why hate? not getting hyped by a tech-demo we almost know nothing about the technical background of this and leaving many unanswered questions seems logic to me. what did you expect?

either way, i like gran turismo and played all titles except for ps3. it is a great driving simulator but this demo has nothing to do with gt itself but for pushing sonys 4k-tvs. nothing less and nothing more.

I see you didn't read the guys comments here... I'm not question if anybody is hyped by the thread... I'm just question the hate commets.

Eh, kinda hard to get excited about this given how old the game is. I'd rather see a better looking game running at 1080p.

Higher resolutions is not on the top of my list for improvements I really want in next gen hardware.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Higher resolutions is not on the top of my list for improvements I really want in next gen hardware.

It's in top of my list because I think the currente resolution have so many jaggies... I expect at least 90% of the game in 1080p for new gen.