By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 41- Famitsu and M-create ( October 8-14)

ryuzaki57 said:
forest-spirit said:
ryuzaki57 said:
forest-spirit said:
Very nice opening for Bravely Default. Localisation should be a no brainer, unless SE has gone insane. In other words, I still have my doubts. :/
I really want PXZ... *sob sob*

If 144K triggered localization, we should be playing Type-0 by now. Good sales don't always mean localization.

I think PSP's situation in the west had a lot to do with that though.

Edit:

And since we got Theatrhythm we should get this one.

Theatrhythm bombed, especially in the west.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/24/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-sold-through-90-of-its-shipment/ - 90% - thing was sold out.

http://garaph.info/softwareindividual.php//gid/5418 - 140k total sales

And sold around 70-80k in the US alone according to creamsugar in July NPD in neogaf thread (first 20 days of sales)

You and I have a very different notion of bomb. Hatsune Miku bombed too right? Since it only sold 190k in japan and nothing in the west... and it's 20 times more expensive to make. (answer: it didn't)

Plus the 12 packs of DLC (and counting) and

Hazama on how Theatrhythm Final Fantasy was seeing sell-outs in Japan…

“As a producer, I felt sorry for fans who were waiting for the game because it was sold out. Some people had, in a worst case scenario, had to wait two weeks so the only feeling I felt was sorry.”

Hazama on what series he would want to work with for another Theatrhythm game…

“[Laughs.] Personally, I hope this will be come a series, but Theatrhythm Hitman will probably be really far off. There are many series that I would want to work on for Theatrhythm. Dragon Quest has a lot of music and Kingdom Hearts would be wonderful to do if it’s possible. I’m not to familiar with the Eidos collection, but Tomb Raider has a long history so it must have a great collection of songs. That might be fun.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/93125/hazama-on-ff-versus-song-in-theatrhythm-music-selections-future-games-more/

Around the Network

I really cannot fathom why people would choose Brave Lee over Project X Zone. The demo was terrible... Well, c'est la vie like we say here in France.

TokitoWa bombed really hard >_< the promotional campaign and the communication around it has been disatrous. This might seriously jeopardize the localization :(

Very good hold for RE6 PS3

Relatively good hold for Sol Trigger

and... those Vita numbers, I don't want to think about them anymore it's depressing. And to think it's going to be like that until next year...

At this rate, the only systems that are going to matter in Japan will be the PS3, 3DS, and hopefully the Wii U. The Vita has never outsold the 3DS almost a year after release, fact. From the looks of it, Animal Crossing alone trumps the entire holiday lineup for the Vita. And the 3DS won't exactly falter next year; Monster Hunter 4 alone will ensure that.

At this point, the Vita needs something big, but all the big existing handheld IPs are either owned by Nintendo or are otherwise on the 3DS. Console ports could help, ala Persona 4, but that won't save it. Soul Sacrifice is promising, but can that alone save the system? Maybe the Vita would be better served aiming for Western audiences.

Oh, and Wii? Please hurry up and get replaced.

Love and tolerate.

VicViper said:
ryuzaki57 said:
forest-spirit said:
ryuzaki57 said:
forest-spirit said:
Very nice opening for Bravely Default. Localisation should be a no brainer, unless SE has gone insane. In other words, I still have my doubts. :/

If 144K triggered localization, we should be playing Type-0 by now. Good sales don't always mean localization.

Edit:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/24/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-sold-through-90-of-its-shipment/ - 90% - thing was sold out.

And sold around 70-80k in the US alone according to creamsugar in July NPD in neogaf thread.

You and I have a very different notion of bomb. Hatsune Miku bombed too right? Since it only sold 190k in japan and nothing in the west... and it's 20 times more expensive to make. (answer: it didn't)

“As a producer, I felt sorry for fans who were waiting for the game because it was sold out. Some people had, in a worst case scenario, had to wait two weeks so the only feeling I felt was sorry.”

“[Laughs.] Personally, I hope this will be come a series, but Theatrhythm Hitman will probably be really far off. There are many series that I would want to work on for Theatrhythm. Dragon Quest has a lot of music and Kingdom Hearts would be wonderful to do if it’s possible. I’m not to familiar with the Eidos collection, but Tomb Raider has a long history so it must have a great collection of songs. That might be fun.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/93125/hazama-on-ff-versus-song-in-theatrhythm-music-selections-future-games-more/

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F is well over 200k with the digital sales and it was released just one month ago, Theatrhym came out in March. Many people got a Vita just for this game even in Europe where it costs a lot to import (please refer to my article). Needless to say, PSVita has a much narrower install base than 3DS in Japan, so I think it's safe to assume that Project Diva F is a bigger success than Theatrhym. That said, if SquareEnix is satisfied with the current sales, then I was wrong (but their target is curiously low).

Edit : can't wait for Tombraiderythm XD

ryuzaki57 said:

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F is well over 200k with the digital sales and it was released just one month ago, Theatrhym came out in March. Many people got a Vita just for this game even in Europe where it costs a lot to import (please refer to my article). Needless to say, PSVita has a much narrower install base than 3DS in Japan, so I think it's safe to assume that Project Diva F is a bigger success than Theatrhym. That said, if SquareEnix is satisfied with the current sales, then I was wrong (but their target is curiously low).

You gotta be kidding... let it go. I just proved to you the game was a success - 140k+ in japan (apart from being sold-out), ~75k+ US alone, plus whatever sales europe and the rest of the world had. Plus tons DLC that is not cheap - neither in japan or in the US. I know cause I bought a lot of it - costs more than the game.

You're really funny here in this thread, lol. I show you hard facts and you show me your personal blog with your personal analysis, that means jack - or nothing but guesswork. One dev complains about the sales and denies a sequel because of those sales and costs and the other feels sorry for the sell-outs and talks about future sequels... yeah, bigger success lol.

Around the Network

Ryuzaki
"I really cannot fathom why people would choose Brave Lee over Project X Zone. "

i would, and most of the people it seems, grafix are miles better and its an original game, plus its a classic RPG while Project X is a SRPG

While I'd totally get Project X-zone (Pokémon Conquest really made me like SRPGs - never was a fan before), Bravely Default is a dream come true for me. 4HOL was amazing, but this looks miles better.

For the first one I'll be sad if it doesn't come west - but Fire Emblem will be a good substitute. For the second I will be inconsolable

VicViper said:
ryuzaki57 said:

You gotta be kidding... let it go. I just proved to you the game was a success - 140k+ in japan (apart from being sold-out), ~75k US alone, plus whatever sales europe and the rest of the world had. Plus DLC that is not cheap - neither in japan or in the US. I know cause I bought a lot of it - costs more than the game.

You're really funny here in this thread, lol. I show you hard facts and you show me your personal blog with your personal analysis, that means jack - or nothing but guesswork. One dev complains about the sales and denies a sequel because of those sales and costs and the other feels sorry for the sell-outs and talks about future sequels... yeah, bigger success lol.

I meant in sales, not profit. Theatrhym might be more profitable, but it is less popular.

ryuzaki57 said:
VicViper said:
ryuzaki57 said:
forest-spirit said:
ryuzaki57 said:
forest-spirit said:

Edit:

And sold around 70-80k in the US alone according to creamsugar in July NPD in neogaf thread.

Edit : can't wait for Tombraiderythm XD

Media Create:

[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f # (Sega) {2012.08.30} (¥7.329) - 159.592 / NEW <74,63%

Dengeki:

[3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (Square Enix) - 69,863 / 69,863 [ST: ~90% => 78,000]

First shipment for Hatsune Miku ~214k. Last ltd Known:

Famitsu:

[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f # (Sega) {2012.08.30} (¥7.329) - 185.353

Media Create:

[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f # (Sega) {2012.08.30} (¥7.329) - 186.059

Not even sold its first shipment. Now we know the game that bombed and the game that succeed.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

A positive week all round:

3ds got a good bump from last week
Bravely Default doing great
ProjectXZone doing good
Vita Up 6134 YoY (+%)

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)