By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales week 41- Famitsu and M-create ( October 8-14)

pezus said:
VicViper said:
pezus said:

Like it was for the Wii, right? ;o

PS3 + 360 was always a bigger market than the Wii. And a better market too for big franchises. I don't defend the Wii like many, you know me. To me its SD use made it terrible even for non-hardcore gamers like me. And like always, there's exceptions to the rule - but don't you think support benefits the winner - even when there's simply no other instance where that did not happened?

I meant by that what's been happening for the 3DS.  I said on the other thread: the hole goes much deeper than the PS3/Wii scenario.

First: Vita is selling way worse than PS3 (at half the price, notice). PS3 always had "saviors" too, even before launch.

Second: 3DS will pass Wii's lifetime sales in the next 6 months and already have all big franchises in its pocket.

You're comparing Vita with the PS3, but not comparing 3DS with the Wii.

Wait you changed your argument from WW sales to Japan sales (underlined for clarity). PS3+360 was never a bigger market than Wii in Japan, and still it got more support.

Yes, because big franchises in japan always stays in japan.

Anyway, my point is clear, Wii was never a leader for those games. BTW, what you think of the rest.

Around the Network

" 09./09. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 18.750 / 183.836 (+43%) "

What is up with this game? Everytime I come to see how it's doing, its numbers increase.

C-M-D said:
" 09./09. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040) - 18.750 / 183.836 (+43%) "

What is up with this game? Everytime I come to see how it's doing, its numbers increase.

It's about a TV show, I think. Really strange numbers. At this rate might get to 400k or beyond.

pezus said:

I'm not only talking about big franchises. Are you asking me a question or what, I can't tell since there is no question mark.

Rest of my post.

You can't compare Vita to PS3 without comparing 3DS to Wii.

For all the hype i was expecting bravely default to have sold more, but given they sold 80% of the shipment, maybe square didnt put much faith in it.

Around the Network
pezus said:

Vita has plenty of saviours as well, just not many announced ;-P. Vita is doing badly, but so was the PS3 and Sony cut the price back then but haven't done so for the Vita. When they do, we'll see Vita sales rise and more and more devs getting on-board. And nobody has Capcom in their pocket

My point is (since Vita's launch), the more time that takes, the harder it gets.

And at least for another 1 and a half year that most likely won't happen (new MH, for example). Well, personally I think Sony is letting 3DS become a monster (it's far from that right now but it'll be) that will eat the japanese market whole.

And apparently, everybody but Vita has Capcom in their pocket!

I'm almost missed the 4k units for Wii looking at that Vita numbers.
Hopefully Wii U sells better than that.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
I'm almost missed the 4k units for Wii looking at that Vita numbers.
Hopefully Wii U sells better than that.

I hope that too.

But I don't have much faith in Wii U doing very good numbers. Console market is diminishing rapidly in japan. I think at least Nintendo first party will keep it from fail [hard]

forest-spirit said:
ryuzaki57 said:
forest-spirit said:
Very nice opening for Bravely Default. Localisation should be a no brainer, unless SE has gone insane. In other words, I still have my doubts. :/
I really want PXZ... *sob sob*

If 144K triggered localization, we should be playing Type-0 by now. Good sales don't always mean localization.

I think PSP's situation in the west had a lot to do with that though.

Edit:

And since we got Theatrhythm we should get this one.

Theatrhythm bombed, especially in the west.

VGKing said:
smbu2000 said:
Kynes said:
kowenicki said:
Japan: (Home of the handheld)

6k to 7k Vita and no Vita software in the top 20.

What chance has it got elsewhere then?

You seem to ignore the memo: Don't judge it till its first Christmas

Vita launched before Christmas last year in Japan, so it already had it's first Christmas. Maybe we need to give it another 1 or 2 Christmas holidays.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvita/hardware/pch1000za01.html

• 発売日
    2011年12月17日(土)

edit: just saw your post above. ;-p

Not only did the Vita launch LATE into the holidays in Japan, it went head to head with the 3DS and Monster Hunter........it hasn't had its first full holiday yet.

So, basically, Sony needs a Christmas with no competition whatsoever to show what Vita can really do. Any new rules like a Christmas and an eclipse?