By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Miyamoto's retirement is a glorious opportunity for Nintendo: let's brainstorm!

I would like to see Kid Icarus re-imagined as a hardcore FPS. It would be called Icarus: Blood On Deaths Wing. 666 player death matches would be the selling point. The feathers, blood, and guts would fly everywhere.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I understand it would be cool if nintendo had more mature content for Mario to do.  You know, flesh out the guy some more.  Make him relatable. 

But for Nintendo to go more goreish isn't really the way.  FPS, been done, way done.  Fighting game with blood splatter.  How cool is that really after so many titles blasting digital blood.   That's not the way to mature Nintendos image. 

I can even argue that Nintendo is far more mature than the other consoles.  I say provacative titles like "brain age" matured Nintendo. 

As for Gears of war, Drakes fortune, God of War, Halo, killzone; all considered to be for mature games.  But really, who are they targeting?  I'll coin this phrase, "Arnold Stallone Action Shit"(ASAS).  ASAS--Where the broad appeal of something is how action oriented it is, or heavily impacted by alpha male attitudes.  For instance, the Expendables 2, is some ASAS. 

Those games were fun, but mature as those are, they are also immature.  I'm looking at you Kratos and you many sex scenes. 

Sure, Nintendo gets colorful and vibrant on their games, but that's not kiddy, that artistic vision.  Look at Conkers bad fur day.  It may look kiddy, but the attitude is all adult.

Mario's best friend, Pedobear, wouldn't approve Ninty games becoming less useful as bait.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

This thread is

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Jumpin said:
A Mario Mafia game where he is an enforcer for a drug cartel called the Mushroom Kingdom. He makes his way through the sewers to end up at target locations to assassinate his target. He is paid exclusively in gold coins. Sometimes he takes the bodies and feeds them to his pet Yoshi; traces of the bodies are rarely found.

Search for "Sonic for Hire" on youtube, and watch the second season.  Its all about what you just described.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Around the Network

Someone really liked that article :)

Well, endless ocean is already a good start. Now something along the lines of Trace Memory, a little more ambitious would be good. I can't work with the no new-IP rule, it kind of goes against my values. ;)

Metroid Prime where she starts off with the suit but the suit falls apart piece by piece with damage and no recovering health/suit options available. This would allow for current gamers to experience how games used to be more difficult while not being as frustrating since if you lose you get to see her fully unclothed.

sethnintendo said:

Metroid Prime where she starts off with the suit but the suit falls apart piece by piece with damage and no recovering health/suit options available. This would allow for current gamers to experience how games used to be more difficult while not being as frustrating since if you lose you get to see her fully unclothed.

So, Metroid Prime: Queen's Blade

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

noname2200 said:

Pineapple said:

Oi! What the heck? I have no recollection of ever making that thread. I'm not doubting that I did, but it's by far the biggest piece of rubbish I've ever written, and quite up there in terms of everything I've read.

I admit, I was extremely surprised when I read it the first time. I just assumed your brother had gotten his hands on your account or some such.

I doubt it. It seems like me, even if it's a somewhat odd version of me. I'll just have to man up and admit I Nintendo'd it.

I was thinking of having F-Zero like The Fast and The Furious style where you race someone and if you win then you get their ride. Except that you don't get their vehicle you get to ride them. If your character is a female then a strap on will be provided.