By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Predictions: Halo 4 will be GOTY... Metacritic between 94-97

Barozi said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The chances of Halo finally getting GOTY again is pretty high being that a lot of the hyped games ended up not coming up to snuff. It wont be the top game on Xbox Live though, COD has always owned Halo since the first MW. Assassins Creed 3 and Mass Effect 3 are still in its way.

Since both MW and Halo 3 came out in 2007, I'm very sure that Halo 3 was the most played game on XBL.
MW2 started the change.

Nope. Every Modern Warfare game has been played more than Halo. Halo 3 had the best performance activity on Xbox Live of all the Halos though. Same FPS crowd, but still. Halo hasn't had GOTY since halo 3.

Around the Network

There are a couple of contenders but this fall/winter is looking pretty bland to my eyes.

Anyways, Halo 4, Hitman: Absolution, AC3, Black Ops and Far Cry 3 seem to be the prime candidates for now. Out of those, it seems most likely to me that a mutliplatform title will win the most GOTY awards. My prediction is for Hitman this time around.

Halo 4 should get a very good metascore though, the press loves them some Halo. A 92 should be guaranteed, a 94 is not unlikely either.

Yeah I expect Hitman to be about the same as Max Payne 3.
Or next years Tomb Raider.

pezus said:
Aldro said:

AC3 will flop. I am looking forward to the game but I for some reason don't believe in it. Feel free to shove it in my face if im wrong.

Halo 4 will get 95-96 metacritic. I seriously believe this. The year has been rather lackluster, people are just waiting to give rave reviews :P

Wtf...why?!

I CANT EXPLAIN IT OKAY? UBI INVITED ME TO SEE IT

nah I keed xD

I cant explain it, I just cant. If it gets above 90 meta, color me surprised. My guess is mid to high 80s.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Barozi said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The chances of Halo finally getting GOTY again is pretty high being that a lot of the hyped games ended up not coming up to snuff. It wont be the top game on Xbox Live though, COD has always owned Halo since the first MW. Assassins Creed 3 and Mass Effect 3 are still in its way.

Since both MW and Halo 3 came out in 2007, I'm very sure that Halo 3 was the most played game on XBL.
MW2 started the change.

Nope. Every Modern Warfare game has been played more than Halo. Halo 3 had the best performance activity on Xbox Live of all the Halos though. Same FPS crowd, but still. Halo hasn't had GOTY since halo 3.

Are we talking awards here?

Run down of Overall GOTY Awards in 07:

Bioshock - 47

Super Mario Galaxy - 43

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - 21

Portal - 13

Rock Band - 6

Halo 3 - 4

Around the Network

Security post... Doubt of a 97, IMO a 90

LET'S GO KNICKS

I'm expecting 91 and ACIII as the GOTY with a 94.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Wanna bet?

I say AC3 will have under 90 Meta, 1 month after its launch.

I say Halo 4 will have over 93 Meta, 1 month after its launch.

Am I correct in 1 and wrong in 1, we call it a tie.

Winner gets Sig control until 1st February 2012 ?

Legend11 said:

Yeah I admit I'm on the hype train but I have a really good feeling that Halo 4 will be awarded GOTY by most of the the major review sites. 

I also think its Metacritic score will be at least 94 but barring any websites giving it a low score for hits it'll likely be a 95 or 96.

So anyone else here care to make their own predictions?

I have not doub that a 94 metacritic score is a certainly reasonable; however, game of the year is usually an individual magazine 's choice of GOTY...if you're going by the academy, then I'd say no, as FPS in the last 5 years have not made that list. Also reviewing magazine choices, I didn't find any that included a Halo game in the list.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Aldro said:
Pavolink said:

Wanna bet?

I say AC3 will have under 90 Meta, 1 month after its launch.

I say Halo 4 will have over 93 Meta, 1 month after its launch.

Am I correct in 1 and wrong in 1, we call it a tie.

Winner gets Sig control until 1st February 2012 ?

You seem very confident about that... Keep in mind that AC3 is the type of game that can get way better reviews... Nobody is giving FPS those amazing scores anymore because market is saturated.