By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Suicide of Amanda Todd

Max King of the Wild said:
KungKras - what was wrong about it was how stupid it was. No double standard since I wasn't the one being stupid.

Did you not give a free pizza to the girls who flashed you? What would your employer have said about that? They got a free pizza, while you risked getting caught giving away a company's product to see boobs. Who was acting stupid?

Did you know the girl with the nipple piercing or was she just a random person?  Maybe it wasn't that big a deal to her and/or she wanted to show off her new piercing, what's stupid about that? Anyways, since you were both teens, what would the odds be that you're some pervert who would have harmed her.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
So I guess she moved multiple times and by the luck of the draw got a bigot town each time... The fact is people get bullied for such things and less everywhere. Didn't matter where she moved she would have been bullied for doing these things anywhere. However, saying "ahhh now there, there... everything is fine. These kids are the problem not you. You're perfect" is the wrong attitutde to go about this. The right one would be "Ya'll fucked up on this one. You are going to recieve a backlash for these things. You're going to have to relize your mistake and learn from them and live with the consequences. Bite the bullet (Not literally) take whats given to you and keep on keeping on."

You're presenting two extremes here.

What if people would have simply shown basic respect towards her, and her friends not abandoned her for such a stupid reason.

I LOVE ICELAND!

To think there was no guy that could elevate her above all that crap and give her the affection she needed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

She clearly suffered from some mental issues such as depression, anxiety never mind the fact that she came from a broken home. These kinds of problems can make a person act irrationally such as turning to drugs and alcohol and yes sleeping around with guys who are taking advantage of her in her mental state which clearly some (including ones on this very thread) just refuse to acknowledge can be an issue but fuck me can some parts of the US be so puritanical and extremely patriarchal. Shifting the blame onto a young child when it was probably some paedophile prick who won her trust and made her flash her tits and then used them against her when she ignored his sick request for more. This sick troll stalked the poor girl and would go undercover to make friends with students she might know on Facebook. Children can be so cruel to other children and she clearly got bullied real badly.

I hate to be the bad guy here but teenagers commit suicide for moronic reasons, and the real reason the suicide happens is that they're inexperienced, overly emotional, and very impulsive ... When I was in high school, a guy I played football with in Junior High School was dumped by his girlfriend and committed suicide because he realized that his dreams of playing college football for a big American college were impossible.

The bullying of Amanda Todd was wrong, but I wouldn't say that her bullies caused her to commit suicide.

Around the Network

@kungkras - I was the boss, and it was pizza that I was going to throw away since we were closing right as they walked in. As for the guy above me he knew about it. And I quit shortly there after being I didn't care enough about the job to keep it at that point (many reasons for this one but the most of which was I was doing store manager work at team member pay because our store had no true store manager and they wouldnt "promote" me... I went over their head to the corporate level and he promoted me but by that time i just didnt give a fuck anymore). So that really wasn't stupid. Very low risk and me seeing the tits definitely outweighed the possibility of me getting fired because I would have been excited to have left at that point. Oh, and there were a lot worse things that went on in those stores that the higher up manager knew about but never addressed like drug dealing and sex in the back (Not from me and at a different store). So I don't think I would have been fired anyway. I really wouldn't have considered that stupid.

As for the tit ring... yeah I knew who she was but I havent talked to her in a good while. Barely use to as it was too. But still I wouldnt let a guy feel me up I wasn't intimate with if I were a girl.

It would seem that our pwn sixteen year old Nintendo Fan girl has taken some inspiration from this incident--and not in a good way. She got perma-banned while I was at work but somebody showed me her wall. She made a thread asking "What's the best way to commit suicide" which was pretty much locked instantly and on her wall it says "I want to drink bleach."

She's been talking about being bullied for years, now. Probably since 2009. Maybe earlier. She's had therapy and stuff before. Sometimes she does stuff to get a reaction out of us. Was she serious? I hope not. No way of knowing. I'll just say that, wherever you are and whatever you're doing, I hope you are okay, Shelly.

@kungkras - I was the boss, and it was pizza that I was going to throw away since we were closing right as they walked in. As for the guy above me he knew about it. And I quit shortly there after being I didn't care enough about the job to keep it at that point (many reasons for this one but the most of which was I was doing store manager work at team member pay because our store had no true store manager and they wouldnt "promote" me... I went over their head to the corporate level and he promoted me but by that time i just didnt give a fuck anymore). So that really wasn't stupid. Very low risk and me seeing the tits definitely outweighed the possibility of me getting fired because I would have been excited to have left at that point. Oh, and there were a lot worse things that went on in those stores that the higher up manager knew about but never addressed like drug dealing and sex in the back (Not from me and at a different store). So I don't think I would have been fired anyway. I really wouldn't have considered that stupid.

As for the tit ring... yeah I knew who she was but I havent talked to her in a good while. Barely use to as it was too. But still I wouldnt let a guy feel me up I wasn't intimate with if I were a girl.

I see. Well, they still got free pizza out of it.

You wouldn't, but as I said, mabe it wasn't a big deal to her.

I LOVE ICELAND!

wfz said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but her parents are also somewhat to blame for all of these events that transpired. She shouldn't have been in these situations to begin with...

Also, it's sad to see how hateful people can be to others.

yep sure did. As I mentioned all her parents did was move to another town each time rather than face the problems. Also the fact she previously drank bleech should have been alarm bells for the parents that the girl needs help.

d21lewis said:
It would seem that our pwn sixteen year old Nintendo Fan girl has taken some inspiration from this incident--and not in a good way. She got perma-banned while I was at work but somebody showed me her wall. She made a thread asking "What's the best way to commit suicide" which was pretty much locked instantly and on her wall it says "I want to drink bleach."

She's been talking about being bullied for years, now. Probably since 2009. Maybe earlier. She's had therapy and stuff before. Sometimes she does stuff to get a reaction out of us. Was she serious? I hope not. No way of knowing. I'll just say that, wherever you are and whatever you're doing, I hope you are okay, Shelly.

What was her situation?