By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you knew your unborn child was going to be gay, would you abort him/her?

Depending on who you ask, that's basically the same as murdering someone because of their sexuality

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I suppose I could expand my answer through those questions:

Do you believe gays are sinning and will go to hell?

- No.

Do you believe gays go through a massive amount of torture and ridicule pretty much everywhere in the world?

- No, not everywhere. Especially not where I live. But yes, that is a great issue in some parts of the world.

Do you think as a parent your job is to protect your child and as such allowing them to be born into this world as a homosexual is purposefully allowing them to sin and/or live through physical and emotional hell on Earth?

- Yes, as a parent I should always protect my child. But I really don't think they would go through an emotional hell. Especially given how several television profiles and celebrities in my country are gay, which helps them becoming even more accepted by society. Not to mention that all forms of sexuality based discrimination is forbidden.

How can you be so cruel to your child?

- I do my best.

i've lived in Sweden longer than you have even though i'm Lebanese and I went through hell when I was young as it wasn't as ok at that time as it is today

even today there are Swedish families that don't like their children being gay some of them have even been kicked out just because of that

but it is way better now than before

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Do you believe gays are sinning and will go to hell?  Yes.

Do you believe gays go through a massive amount of torture and ridicule pretty much everywhere in the world?

Not at all, at least in my country is seen normal

Do you think as a parent your job is to protect and your child and as such allowing them to be born into this world as a homosexual is purposefully allowing them to sin and/or live through physical and emotional hell on Earth?

Kinda hard to answer if you believe in what the bible says. But I will never kill (yes kill) my son based on what I think it could happen if... All I know is that I will love them regardless.

How can you be so cruel to your child? killing someone is not good either! 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Not at all. If I ever have a child I will support him/her whether gay or straight.

Roma said:

yeah I would do it if it was still verry young as I do not want my kid to go through what I went through in life!

anywho you don't burn in hell because of you being gay its because of you acting upon those feelings. you get punished for your actions not your thoughts as thoughts of doing something can always be stopped before it happens so therefore you cannot be judged on something you have not done yet anyone that tells you otherwise seriously need to do some research!

edit:

just checked if I am allowed to do abortion in Islam and its not allowed unless absolutely necessary like if a women's body is not able to support a baby and that it might kill her if she keeps it.

letting things take their own course is the natural way but at least I will be there for the child at the early stages so he/she won't have a hard time.

Bad thoughts are sins just like bad actions are.

But I don't think that being homosexual is a sin, because God made us the way we are. He wouldn't make someone homosexual knowing that he or she would go to hell if he/she acted upon those feelings. It just doesn't make sense.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:
Roma said:

yeah I would do it if it was still verry young as I do not want my kid to go through what I went through in life!

anywho you don't burn in hell because of you being gay its because of you acting upon those feelings. you get punished for your actions not your thoughts as thoughts of doing something can always be stopped before it happens so therefore you cannot be judged on something you have not done yet anyone that tells you otherwise seriously need to do some research!

edit:

just checked if I am allowed to do abortion in Islam and its not allowed unless absolutely necessary like if a women's body is not able to support a baby and that it might kill her if she keeps it.

letting things take their own course is the natural way but at least I will be there for the child at the early stages so he/she won't have a hard time.

Bad thoughts are sins just like bad actions are.

But I don't think that being homosexual is a sin, because God made us the way we are. He wouldn't make someone homosexual knowing that he or she would go to hell if he/she acted upon those feelings. It just doesn't make sense.

everybody has bad thoughts and they are only sins if you act upon them that's how it is in Islam anyway. i don't know how it is in Christianity

well yeah it doesn't make sense if you believe that god made you homosexual as in born with a specific homo gene

that's why I believe that there isn't any gene and that it is something psychological that happens when you are at a young age.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

That's a disgusting, sick reason to have an abortion. No.

superchunk said:
abhiram_33 said:
nope, y would u even ask such a thing

Because, if homosexuality is a sin and damnable by God, why would you willingly bring a person who will go to hell into this world?

God doesnt exist, therefore there is no hell. Get over it.

Nem said:
superchunk said:
abhiram_33 said:

Because, if homosexuality is a sin and damnable by God, why would you willingly bring a person who will go to hell into this world?

thats your opinion, thats fine but when it comes to religion show some fucking respect! damn.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Nem said:
superchunk said:
abhiram_33 said:

thats your opinion, thats fine but when it comes to religion show some fucking respect! damn.

Its not my opinion, he doesnt exist. But people are free to believe in him, just like they can believe in flying pigs.

Religion is just an excuse for bloodshed. There are some who do good with it, but in the end its just something created to take advantage of the ignorant and the fear of death. Lieing to yourself changes nothing in the universe.