By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you knew your unborn child was going to be gay, would you abort him/her?

"Just normal? Not extraordinary? Not fantastic? Boring, snoring normal?"

Yup just normal, one that I wouldn't be embarrassed of nor one that would be ridiculed.

Around the Network

If my child, say a son turns out gay, I'd 100% support him. Even find him a great boyfriend. If he wants to be a girl, I'd get him the best coach to learn makeup, make sure he starts having his female hormone jabs, buy him the nicest dress, watch chick flicks with him.

Most of all I'd hug my child and tell him/her I Love You. Everyday.

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Yes, I would.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

Platinumed Destiny, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Catherine, and Metal Gear Rising. Get on my level!!

Get your Portable ID!                                                                                     

At first, I found that question grossly offensive, but now I think I see what you're trying to do.

Continue.

(Obviously, my answer is no).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

No.

If on the other hand tests would point out the little rascal might turn to god...

Around the Network
superchunk said:
NintendoPie said:
Er, no.

Besides, I don't think there is a Gay "gene", SuperChunk.

Are you sure?

How many gay people do you associate with? How many of them said they just decided to be gay one day? It seems like an illogical stance to think the hormonal and very physical/chemical based emotion of love and sexual preference is solely based on mental decisions.

To be fair, as far as i know the current hypothesis for the biological origin of homosexuality isn't genetically based... at least not in the child.

In general, homosexuality is now thought to be something chemcial in the womb, as is evidenced by the fact that studies have shown that homosexuality is more and more likely based on how many male children have previously been given birth to.  (Female children seemingly don't matter.)

So if there ever was a "gay cure" it would likely be medicine that a woman would take to change the conditions of the womb.

It would be nice if some of the people answering no would explain. I like the honesty though of the few that answered yes.

NobleTeam360 said:
It would be nice if some of the people answering no would explain. I like the honesty though of the few that answered yes.

I explained...

Andrespetmonkey said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I explained...

Ah yes i read that one, but some people just put "no", or "obviously no, is this even a real question"? Which is a pointless answer if you don't offer a reason. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I explained...

Ah yes i read that one, but some people just put "no", or "obviously no, is this even a real question"? Which is a pointless answer if you don't offer a reason. 

People are doing it for "yes" as well. E.g. Icy-zone's answer. I think they just can't be bothered to explain.