By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you knew your unborn child was going to be gay, would you abort him/her?

What if he was going to be an arsonist? A pedafile? A robber? A con man? An axe murderer? (those poor innocent axes) Blind? Amputee? Retarded?

Conversely what if he was going to be President/Prime Minister? A Olympic champion? A nobel prize winner? An academy award winner? A powerful musician? A wonderful human being?

Even knowing that, we still have no idea how this unborn person might turn out. They could become Pope for all we know (and thus remain abstainent his whole life - in theory anyway). Everyone deserves a chance to shape their own destiny. Someone gave you such a chance. What if they hadn't?

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
 Everyone deserves a chance to shape their own destiny. Someone gave you such a chance. What if they hadn't?

If it was for a good reason, then fair enough. It was my Mum's choice, and rightly so, it was her body, I was just a clump of cells the size of a pinhead, not a human being. Might just as well mourn the millions of siblings who never were because my Dad got a vasectomy after my brother was born.

curl-6 said:
Gamerace said:
 Everyone deserves a chance to shape their own destiny. Someone gave you such a chance. What if they hadn't?

If it was for a good reason, then fair enough. It was my Mum's choice, and rightly so, it was her body, I was just a clump of cells the size of a pinhead, not a human being. Might just as well mourn the millions of siblings who never were because my Dad got a vasectomy after my brother was born.

Agreed. Glad to see someone else that has this train of thought about abortions and future life. Saying the kid might become the president so you can't abort him is like saying you must have sex with everyone because one of those kids could turn out great; it's just a bad argument.

superchunk said:
Metrium said:
No.

Also I don't believe in the gay gene. I don't believe in ppl being born gay, I think that millions of controlable and uncontrolable events during the development of a child is what molds the adult he will become, and that includes his sexual orientation. But that is a other debate :P

That makes ZERO logical sense when you look at what a human body does when it sees a person you are physically attacted to. Its 100% chemical and physical. Its based on your hormones and chemical balances... ie. the genetic make up of your body. 

You don't control that with your mind. Ask anyone that is an adult and gay, "where you born gay or chose it?". 100% will say born. They'll remember many parts of childhood where they just liked the same sex but pushed it away due to society.

I never said they chose to be gay. For example, I am rly attracted to red heads. I was not born attracted to them and I did'nt choose to be attracted to them. Most likely some events in my life (could be big or insignifican events) that left a mark in me and now when I see red heads I'm attracted to them because they remind me of something or a feeling I had someday as a child. I love metal music, I was'nt born that way, I probably like it because for some reasons I rejected pop music or because electric guitars reminds me of something great I lived, It's impossible for me to know since this is subconscious but if I lived my life in a totaly different environment I would deffenetly be different than the adult I am today.

If you dismiss this and strongly believe that homosexuality is all because of a gay gene, then explain me this... In ancient greece, it is a well known fact that homosexuality was way more common, it was even considered totaly normal. The idea of sleeping with a 15 year old boy was encouraged for a succesfull man. Why was it that way at the time? Was the gay gene more spread among the population and ended up slowly dissapearing over time? Or was it because at the time it was accepted and even encouraged by society and that fact pushed ppl's subconscious to be attracted or at the very least to never develop the barrier preventing them being attracted by other men? Because if you tell me that the gay gene was wayyyy more common back then and that it slowly dissapeared over time, you will seriously have a hard time convincing me. 

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

superchunk said:
abhiram_33 said:
nope, y would u even ask such a thing

Because, if homosexuality is a sin and damnable by God, why would you willingly bring a person who will go to hell into this world?

All sins are damnable by God and we are all born sinners. There's your answer.

Around the Network

wht kind of question is that? i guess it depends on how godly/religious you are, which i am neither. if it can't be explaned, then it doesn't exsist.

superchunk said:
NintendoPie said:
Er, no.

Besides, I don't think there is a Gay "gene", SuperChunk.

Are you sure?

How many gay people do you associate with? How many of them said they just decided to be gay one day? It seems like an illogical stance to think the hormonal and very physical/chemical based emotion of love and sexual preference is solely based on mental decisions.

Well  it's not based on a gene, I can almost assure that.

Is this a serious question?

Zkuq said:
Is this a serious question?

Why not? Take it as it is and answer it.

No I wouldn't ever consider that.