By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's play Monster Hunter Tri together (Next: Friday at 9 Eastern 6 Pacific)

Kenology said:
Can we make it just *ONE* hour earlier? 9p EST is getting a little too late... I want to stay for a good deal of runs, not just 5 or 6.

I can certainly try to be there earlier tomorrow, sure. But if I'm a bit late, y'all can get started without me. So start time tomorrow is 8 Eastern, 8 Pacific then?

Soriku said:

Wait, I reread your post and you said 6 PST tomorrow? So what's today? No later than 7 PM PST like you said above?

Let's make it 6 Pacific tonight as well, for consistency's sake.

Around the Network

Awesome. See you guys there.

Greed 3, Gate 25, City 1 and so on tonight too, right?

I forget whether i fought Barioth or Gigginox with the lance. One of them i fight with the Lance, one of them exclusively with the Longsword

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
I forget whether i fought Barioth or Gigginox with the lance. One of them i fight with the Lance, one of them exclusively with the Longsword

I Greatsword everything.  Cause it's epic.

I should branch out and use other weapons.  But nothing beats the broad sword.  I'll branch out in MH4, since it'll have such cool new weapons.

Kenology said:

Awesome. See you guys there.

Greed 3, Gate 25, City 1 and so on tonight too, right?

Yesssir!

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Lance is the only weapon choice :P

Well, that and Bowguns with Pierce/Clust for 2-3 min Big Jho/Ala runs.

Generally i agree with you, except for Jaggi, Baggi, and one of either Gigginox or Barioth. Initially, i used Greatsword for all four of those, but then i adapted to Lance for one of them. I want to say it was Gigginox, because of those huge, sweeping head swipes of hers. Barioth moves too quick for Lance to work.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Soriku said:
Lance is the only weapon choice :P

Well, that and Bowguns with Pierce/Clust for 2-3 min Big Jho/Ala runs.

Generally i agree with you, except for Jaggi, Baggi, and one of either Gigginox or Barioth. Initially, i used Greatsword for all four of those, but then i adapted to Lance for one of them. I want to say it was Gigginox, because of those huge, sweeping head swipes of hers. Barioth moves too quick for Lance to work.

Barrioth is the only time I ever use the lance's charge attack. That, or I just keep close to walls so the damned thing doesn't charge past me every time. The strategy is definitely to exhause it ASAP, though, since a tired Barrioth is probably the easiest monster to defeat.

RolStoppable said:
I always liked the switchaxe the most, because of its power and because you can't block with it. But once I looked up a FAQ, I realized that the attack stat is divided by a different number for each weapon category and in the end all weapons have similar strength. I lost all interest in Monster Hunter, because I consider it offensive when numbers are used in such a misleading manner. Oh, and of course the game is super duper repetitive.

The element on the weapon is what really matters the most when guaging its effectivness against monsters not really the number, and also alot of different factors, but if you can only rely on a simple number system to each his own.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

i love Tri, I'm up it anytime folks would like to play.   name is Kwaidd.   set up a time

RolStoppable said:
I always liked the switchaxe the most, because of its power and because you can't block with it. But once I looked up a FAQ, I realized that the attack stat is divided by a different number for each weapon category and in the end all weapons have similar strength. I lost all interest in Monster Hunter, because I consider it offensive when numbers are used in such a misleading manner. Oh, and of course the game is super duper repetitive.

There are definitely a bunch of extremely useful information that the game, to the best of my knowledge, never bothers to tell you. For example, I never realized the attack stat is divided this way. But the repetition was my big beef. Fortunately, after over a year I've forgotten everything, so it's fun to play again.

Kwaidd said:

i love Tri, I'm up it anytime folks would like to play.   name is Kwaidd.   set up a time

We've got a run going tonight at 9 Eastern, 6 Pacific (or even earlier, if folks prefer). If spurge makes it, it'll be for lower-level HRs, although he won't be able to make it until later.

Tomorrow starting at 8 Eastern, 5 Pacific we'll have another run. This should be the higher HR group. Feel free to join either or both!