By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The morphing of Romney into an Obamacare-less Obama is on the way.

So, it looks like the "October surprise" might be the morphing of Mitt Romney into Obama, minus having a federal version of Romney-care.  In this latest round, he says he won't attempt to have any more restrictions placed on abortion if he becomes president:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/10/us-usa-campaign-romney-abortion-idUSBRE89901X20121010

As a play for blue states, even money has it that Romney will promise that he will be a better Obama than Obama is.

This will go with his saying he won't cut taxes on the upper end.  

Around the Network

badgenome said:

Yes, going from red to blue ends up having a purple state in transition.

But with this, there is a risk Romney will end up debating himself, or at least challenging himself to a debate:

I don't understand.

Democrats complain when he holds Republican views, and then complain louder when he starts abandoning those views in favour of Democratic policies.

I would, of course, be wary of anything that Romney says, because he could change his mind again by next week. Quite likely he will want to limit abortions in, say, Texas, and leave them alone when he's in New York.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

And he is going to announce that he and his running mate Paul Ryan are actually mates, in every way. He will come out in support of Marriage Equality nationwide and they will have the first wildly known same sex 'temple marriage' in the LDS Church on 2-14-2013.

They will be combining and changing their names to Mitt and Paul Rynee. Their colours are Red and Purple, and they are registering at Wall Mart, China.

There is no word yet wither Joe Biden will officiate, per their request.

Mitt's then Ex wife, Ann, will announce she is shacking up in with Ashton Kutcher.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Hopefully this means that if romney does win he will work at being bipartisan. We need somebody in office who can compromise with the other side. Whether that be obama or romney, the next president needs to be bipartisan!

Kantor said:
I don't understand.

Democrats complain when he holds Republican views, and then complain louder when he starts abandoning those views in favour of Democratic policies.

I would, of course, be wary of anything that Romney says, because he could change his mind again by next week. Quite likely he will want to limit abortions in, say, Texas, and leave them alone when he's in New York.

I believe the troubled mindset regards the fact that he seems to be switching views he held firmly, and it looks to be a simple ploy to get more votes into office and not things he actually stands for.

wfz said:
Kantor said:
I don't understand.

I believe the troubled mindset regards the fact that he seems to be switching views he held firmly, and it looks to be a simple ploy to get more votes into office and not things he actually stands for.

or he is drifting back to his true viewpoints, based on his past may be more likely.  Romney certainly is a hard man to read, to be sure.  I'm amazed he has gotten this far...

gergroy said:
wfz said:
Kantor said:
I don't understand.

or he is drifting back to his true viewpoints, based on his past may be more likely.  Romney certainly is a hard man to read, to be sure.  I'm amazed he has gotten this far...

And apparently I spoke too soon....

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/10/romney-clarifies-position-on-abortion/?hpt=hp_t2

After Romney's remarks were published online, Romney's campaign spokeswoman reiterated that he is opposed to abortion.

"Mitt Romney is proudly pro-life, and he will be a pro-life president," Andrea Saul said in a statement.

Earlier Tuesday, the conservative site National Review Online published a different statement from Saul: "Governor Romney would of course support legislation aimed at providing greater protections for life."

So, maybe Romney has people in his campaign opposing what he says on the campaign trail.  Seeing that the debate went well, maybe he figures if his own staff debates him on views, he will rise even further in the polls.

Maybe it is a plot by Romney so he can be president of BOTH the red and blue states when the predicted upcoming Civil War is supposed to happen.  In that case, Romney would be in charge of both factions and try to win the war.